Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I Am Zombie Man 2!!! - prepare your peepers...

Super Moderator

UK

I Am Zombie Man 2!!! - prepare your peepers...

This 'ere folks, is the online version of I Am Zombie Man 2 (aka "Zombie Man's Christmas Message"), the final DVD version will be tweaked about here and there for general extra tidying.

It weighs in at 24 minutes, and therefore I had to split it into two parts.

Like I said several weeks ago, it isn't IAZM1, but it's still most definitely Zombie Man - but on a much grander scale than the first.

Check it out:

Part One

Part Two

The DVD, packed with extras for a very reasonable price, is coming soon!

Finally - for the DVD version of IAZM2, I'll be doing a kind of 'MySpace Friends' type list of "Zombie Man Fans" at the end - so if you're a Zombie Man Fan, drop me a PM and hoist a limb high and tell me which name you want me to use in the credits shout out list (HPOTD username or your real-world name, spelling out accordingly for the latter of course).
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 26-Jan-2007 at 06:53 PM. Reason: I'm never finished, ha!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nice one, the camera work was a little "student educational video-ey" but since your using a new type of camera i can totally understand, the writing was real good man and got more than a couple of laughs out of me, loved the bit near the start were he stnads theres for a bit, wont say more than that or id spoil it, but cool film man.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Good stuff, man. I particularly liked the Intro "Last time...", the Cribs joke, and the first bit with Benzee.

Just make sure you take DJ and Lou's "members" out of your mouth, now.

United States
    Hey, I'm thoroughly enjoying my member right where it is! (sorry MZ, couldn't resist that one)

...and goddammit MZ, I can't watch this sh*t at work, and you post the links 1 hour before I walk out the door?!? No coovan for you!

I will post my review as soon as I get home from work and am able to check it out. I've been lucky enough to see a few of the rough-rough-cut scenes prior to it being smoothed out and put into the form it's in now, and I'm sure this one will be a "snow-laden success" like the first.

One thing I can say from what i've seen - the cinematography is leaps and bounds from the original IAZM. Not that the original wasn't good, it's just, IAZM2 has a look to it that i really like. Good work, MZ.

c'mon 4pm! I need to get the hell out of here and get home..
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 26-Jan-2007 at 07:40 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

One thing I can say from what i've seen - the cinematography is leaps and bounds from the original IAZM. Not that the original wasn't good, it's just, IAZM2 has a look to it that i really like. Good work, MZ.
    i dunno, the 1st had an 'evil dead' vibe that was really cool, so i still kinda like that one a little better caemrawork wise.

Super Moderator

UK

Any minor bumps in the camerawork you might occasionally see comes down to:

1) being f*cking cold
    2) the tripod seizing up a tad due to said ball-cooling weather

I'm proper chuffed with the look of IAZM2.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^ and that ladies and gents is why i still havent filmed fallout or sunday yet.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    My review contains spoilers... so read on.

Ok... My review will be a bit biased due to my involvement with the project. However, I agree with lou about the cinematography being outstanding. Great Job.

When Ben Zee first appeared and started talking I spit pepsi all over my desk and clothes. You owe me a new sweat shirt MZ. He was quite comical.

I liked I am Zombie man 2, but I still prefer part1. No offense MZ. I thought Part 2 was funny and well shot and the addition of Ben-Zee and the German zombie human thingy was awesome.

I would give it an 7 out of 10. I am zombie Man 1 gets a 10 out of 10. He is still my favorite zombie though.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    lol ... IAZM2 - my difficult second album - but successful nonetheless by the looks of things. IAZM1 made such a splash, so I'm not surprised some might hold it dear.

I guess IAZM2 is to IAZM1 what Clerks 2 is to Clerks (well, I hope anyway! ) ... you know, minus the Star Wars talk and Rosario Dawson's cracking boobs.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    MZ, i would say that is a safe analogy of IAZM1 and IAZM2. However, if you had Rosario make BEWB appearance I would have been like IAZM1 who, what, when? never heard of it.

I just watched it again, and I have to say it. BENZEE stole the show. His character was outstanding and really made IAZM2 very awesome.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Ok, I'm almost done laughing and wiping the tears from my face!

I say, home freakin' run! I loved it.

Like Dj, I was involved in a way (music), so maybe i'm bias, but man, that was great.

First, I think the cinematography of IAZM2 is fantastic. The look and feel of the film. It's semi-dark, cold feeling, and the gray-ish look to the whole thing retains the creepiness. I likey.

What follows contains quotes and some things that might be considered spoilers, so i'm hiding them just in case. Read at your own risk.

The Cribs rip? hilarious! "...you'll find I've got f*ck-all idea what's going on" Typical celebrity!! ...and when he walks out and rubs his nose. OMG, that was just....

BenZee was hilarious too. I love the juxtaposition between ZM and BZ. BZ is more a "traditional" zombie (in a way, more on that later) and ZM is just an off-the-rails funny bastard that's 180 degrees from BZ. I haven't been able to tell who was funnier between the two!

Now, speaking of BenZee. I have a bone to pick with you Mr. Minion. Ok, so zombies can't f*cking run, but now they can talk? WTF, is this ROTLD? (you know I couldn't resist ribbin' ya for that one didn't you?)

I like how this one approaches ZM in a different way. IAZM starts off more creepy, then launches into a off-the-cuff piece of comedic genius. This one has a almost more 'commerical' feel to it, and it's perfect 'cause it represents where ZM is at the moment - selling out like a motherf*cker! for fortune and fame!

Poor bastard never got his air-powered television either.

I have to go watch it again.

The sooner we're done here the sooner I get to go to sleep!

Super Moderator

UK
    Glad folks are enjoying it. Putting a film out, something you've worked hard to make, releasing it to the virgin eyes of the general public is a terrifying and anxiety ridden thing, so it's nice to not have "you f*cked up the whole Zombie Man thing!" ... yet anyway!

Lou - but Zombie Man talks!

I'll use the excuse that Bub managed it, yet couldn't run - in fact Bub was Ben's tutor when it came to zombie dialogue.

And now I'll quote the legend that is Alan Partridge - "zombies, by their very nature are inconsistent".

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Zombie man needs a My Space page. You aren't a somebody in the indie business without a My Space page.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Ok, I let the ZM talking thing go by in IAZM 'cause I figured he was just thinking to himself, not really talking out loud, however.. now that you mention it... WTF?!

Not to mention, if zombies are "inconsistent" wouldn't that mean that would have to include shuffling, wafting, and running?? Hey, all three are perfectly logical inconsistencies!

Just messin' with ya.

I agree with Dj - a ZM myspace page would not only kick major air-breather ass, but it would also help to raise his profile even more so he can sell out like the hollywood bitch that he has become!

I've watched it a few times now and it's still funny. That's a good sign.

capncnut
    Great stuff MZ, f**kin' loved it man. In my eyes, it's easily as good as the first. BenZee is a right little scene stealer, the way he speaks sorta reminds me of the old fart that used live next door to me, the dribble too. Loved the camera work, the music and especially the gags - this one's gonna take some topping MZ. Again man, f**kin' awesome and well worth the wait.