Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How come this place is so slow?

capncnut
    Had it twice today but I just hit the back icon and tried again (successfully). Man, I'd hate to be the poor schmuck in charge of ironing out this site. There must be a s**tload of work to do. <brain collapses>

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i made thread earlier about a zombie zilm i foudn to watch online and it did that and it was jsut as i was psoting it and it cancelled it ,took ages to refresh and crashed my browser whilst doing so so i lost my net history too, and the movei in the process.

capncnut
    Bummer.

Super Moderator

UK
    Been sailing smooth as f*cking silk for me today, chaps.

capncnut
    Wish I could say the same thing, proper Matrix-style slowness today. Each thread is taking maybe 15-30 seconds to appear and it's annoying the f**k out of me.
    Last edited by capncnut; 13-Mar-2007 at 02:10 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Now this is strange, some people get affected at different times to others, so it's not a global problem - sometimes there are problems when everyone is locked out by delays, but most other times it seems to just be for a couple of people.

capncnut
    Well check this out, I just had a major slowdown and now some errors have appeared. Check out ukzombies Night 68 thread on Dead Discussion. Minerva is listed as the last person to post when clearly I was. There's some weird stuff going on here.

It's picked up a bit since mind.

Super Moderator

UK
    Some threads don't work for me.

Like the "post a funny youtube video" thread, I also cannot access those retarded one word/three word threads. No idea what's causing that shiite though.

capncnut
    I have no trouble accessing any threads persay, just takes a f**king eon that's all.

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm ... I get both you see, some threads I can't access at all, some not properly (usually it's only the ones that get really big), but the more common occurrence was like last night, which hadn't happened in a while actually, when it takes so friggin' long to load.

capncnut
    Heard that.

Super Moderator

UK
    Not really to do with this, but I hate it when my computer freezes when I'm on HPOTD, then I click a bunch of email notifications to bring up at least 3 windows that I process through, but forget I'm now logged out, so I have to log in again and then refresh pages. Just a standard measure I'm sure, but I personally find it annoying as I get computer freezes fairly often (on the laptop because it's usually doing LOTS of stuff, on the family desktop because it's coming to the end of it's life and can't really fathom broadband internet)

capncnut
    When I woke up this morning and logged on, I had two freezes; 1.) As I browsed the shoutbox it was still 'loading' - it never did and the whole thing had frozen up . 2.) As I posted in Dead Discussion, I came out of the post set up and it said there was a 'duplicate' - there was not - and that the 'forum takes 30 seconds between posts'. Everytime I hit the re-direction link, it just wouldn't take me there. Took me about 5 minutes to get out of that one.

capncnut
    Was the site down yesterday afternoon? I couldn't get in whatsoever.

Super Moderator

UK
    The past few days I've found it slow loading when I first went on, like the images of the site taking a long time to load, but once they all eventually load, the forum is back to normal.