Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: How come this place is so slow?

capncnut
    I know frustrating innit?

United Kingdom
    Yep it is for some reason it doesn't happen all the time though just for a few mins then its okay for a while then bam there it goes again

capncnut
    For some reason, the f**k up's here seem totally sporadic. It can be working absolutely a-ok then the next minute it's like trying to do The Krypton Factor with a pair of lead boots on. The two things that bug me the most are the 'Cannot See Page' messages (although they don't really do any harm) and when it gets so slow, you have turn to log out because it's pointless to even browse. That happened to me yesterday (and Deej by the sound of it) and it's an absolute nightmare. Took me over 15 minutes to get in!

At the end of the day, HPotD is a decent site so you forgive these slowdowns and f**k up's. It's just a pain in the ass to keep on experiencing them, that's all. Seems fine today btw.

Super Moderator

UK
    When I logged on a few minutes ago it was slow loading initially, but after about 1 minute it was loading properly and now is running as normal. This is the most common problem I experience ... very odd.

United States
    It's really bad today. Users keep getting booted from chat. Site freezes up repeatedly. Time to reboot the server?

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

capncnut
    I witnessed that happening a few times last night in chat.

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm ... all running completely tickity-boo for me right now...

capncnut
    Okay folks I got a new pair of f**k up's to add to the list.

Firstly, sometimes the posts don't show dollar signs, If you go into this post then you will see that the signs don;t show on the words P$3 or $ony.

Also, I'm getting the 'forum requires 30 seconds between posts' message even though it has been whole minutes between my posts. Happens 80% of the time and works on the third attempt every time regardless of the half minute rule.
    Last edited by capncnut; 09-Apr-2007 at 01:44 AM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Okay folks I got a new pair of f**k up's to add to the list.

Firstly, sometimes the posts don't show dollar signs, If you go into this post then you will see that the signs don;t show on the words Ps3 or Sony.

Also, I'm getting the 'forum requires 30 seconds between posts' message even though it has been whole minutes between my posts. Happens 80% of the time and works on the third attempt every time regardless of the half minute rule.
    Posts sometimes don't show $$$$$$$ signs/symbols? Never heard that before!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Posts sometimes don't show $$$$$$$ signs/symbols? Never heard that before!
    Aye, that one's got my scratching my noggin...

$$$

Sony

Ps3

Micro$oft

I just did a dollar sign in "Sony" and "PS3" and neither came up - but the dollar sign in Micro$oft came up.

Administrator

England
    That one was me i changed the filter to annoy the anti-sony group on here

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    That one was me i changed the filter to annoy the anti-sony group on here
    Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

capncnut
    Firstly how lame and childish is that?

Secondly No P(dollar sign)3 but Micro$oft is allowed, that's console racism. You are likely to attract more (dollar sign)ony haters with this, remove it immediately.

Looks like were gonna have to be more creative with P(dollar sign)3 cusses. I think we should step it up until the dollar signs are re-instated.

What has this forum descended into?

Super Moderator

UK
    P$3 ... P££3 (double coinage there cos it's so much more expensive in the UK cos we get screwed over all the time with that shiite - and yes I know it's cos of Tax or whatever, GEEEEEZ!)

Suck your money Out your Numb butt, Yo!

Laaaaaame.

United States
    Better check the multiple post auto merge function, wasn't working earlier.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse