Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: How come this place is so slow?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Suck your money Out your Numb butt, Yo!
    $ucks Off Nintendo Yearly!

Anyhoo, back to the topic at hand...
    Last edited by capncnut; 09-Apr-2007 at 10:36 PM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Better check the multiple post auto merge function, wasn't working earlier.

Testing

Testing 2

Working fine for me
    Last edited by Andy; 10-Apr-2007 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

capncnut
    Righty ho, sorry if I sound like a neverending whine merchant (wine maybe ) but I've just discovered another problem. I'm encountering freeze-up's which generally occur a minute or two after initially signing in and the only remedy is to come out of HPotD entirely and re-enter. I just thought I should let you guys know 'cos it has happened to me twice now in four days. Anyone else experiencing this?

Super Moderator

UK
    Never heard of that one.

I get non-loading pages (where it's just white) or 'nyah, couldn't do it' type situations more often these days...

capncnut
    Okay, I got one for ya MZ. Games Forum, 'Finally A Release Date!' thread, you posted in there six hours ago...

...but where's the post gone to?

United States
    I have a better one...why did I get notification for this thread, but it stated it was for another thread?

Good luck figuring that one out there boys...

Super Moderator

UK
    You mean the one I posted (now) 10 hours ago? Just been there, clicked it and saw it mate.

First time I posted it the page didn't load, so I lost my original post, so I clicked "back" and re-wrote it, then it posted ... I'm looking at it now.

As for not being able to see posts, I had quite a long stint of not being able to see any new posts in the 'funny youtube video' thread, but then recently I was able to see new posts again ... now that's some weird poo right there...

update...

The forum is running the absolute slowest I've ever had it, it literally took more than 5 minutes to partially load a page, and even then the images weren't loaded (just those little boxes that pre-exist a loaded image).

Then the "forum jump" feature wasn't working, probably as a side effect of that...mate, it's doing my nut in, to the point where my lefty is actually a little raw.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 23-Apr-2007 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The forum is running the absolute slowest I've ever had it, it literally took more than 5 minutes to partially load a page, and even then the images weren't loaded (just those little boxes that pre-exist a loaded image).
    Man, I might've disagreed with that until today. At the moment, it is nightmarishly slow, one of the slowest it's ever been.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Man, I might've disagreed with that until today. At the moment, it is nightmarishly slow, one of the slowest it's ever been.
    I've been off and on all evening and had no problems...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    I think this thing must be affecting us at different times.

Every now and then it's like when I've encountered a problem, a few hours later it's happened to MZ (or something similar). Or when he prattles on about "f**king slow, WTF? ", I know what he's prattling on about 'cos it happened to me the night before etc.
    Last edited by capncnut; 26-Apr-2007 at 11:11 PM.

Administrator

England
    OK - There was a 2hr or so glitch with the server just then!

The server is still recovering as well! So expect some more hiccups over the coming few hours!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    So that's what was wrong this morning, christ it was slow/non-moving. I was barely able to load a page, and when I tried to post it just conked out (connection reset thingy) ... pissed me right off, haha.

Seems okay at the moment though ... *rubs some wood*

capncnut
    You see.

Super Moderator

UK
    Gheay, I'm subscribed to this thread, but I'm not getting email notifications about it anymore, but I was recently ... now that's a nut scratcher ... *ponders* ... where the hell did chavs come from anyway?

Woops, IAZM flashback...

capncnut
    Gotta say, been running pretty f**kin' tip top lately.