Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: How come this place is so slow?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Gotta say, been running pretty f**kin' tip top lately.
    Same here, haven't had any badness, at most a momentary wait for the pages to start loading up, nothing more than about 30 seconds, on occasion.

Otherwise, it's been nice...real nice...the kinda nice that should be wearing a pencil-thin tash and wiggling a fag in a fag holder in it's mouth like Esteban in Kill Bill 2..."da-poosi-di..."

capncnut
    I've had one or two little glitches here and there but for the most part, it has been pretty nifty. Very surprised as that's rarer than rocking horse s**t.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i have em every bloody day every 2 clicks i get an error 404 message or something like it, then when i click refresh of back i get "internal server error" so i have to restart the browser to review the site

capncnut
    Me and my big mouth.

WHAT THE F**K IS GOING ON?

a. Everybody in chat got booted about an hour ago and collectively, none of us were able to get back in for a few minutes.

b. I just got booted while posting a long old post (which is now lost) and it just took me the best part of 5 minutes to get back in. All the while my PC has been workin' it's ass off to get back online (the sounds were amazing).

c. 10 minues later, it's still taking me half a minute to navigate posts!

GRRR!!!

But I still love this s**thole.
    Last edited by capncnut; 21-May-2007 at 09:26 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    You should do what I do, select all the text, CTRL+C to copy it just in case, it's saved my butt several times before.

Super Moderator

UK
    *ug*

Major slow loading day today, all the elements of the page are taking AGES to load, especially the images. Doing my balls in...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    maybe thats all the rubbing you did waiting for your 360 perv boy

capncnut
    First day back in a week and everything is running nice and nippy.

capncnut

Geriatric server?

Here's a little list.
    • 2 lengthy posts lost in the space of half hour that had to be re-typed
    • Pages takin' up to a whole minute to change
    • PC froze 3 times (even the refresh button's not happy)
    • More error messages than Gary Glitter's laptop

And I'm not the only HPotD member who's experiencing this right now. Sorry to sound cheeky but c'mon, what's the crack? Who's gonna give me back my lost half-hour?

Edit: 52 seconds this message took to post!
    Last edited by capncnut; 13-Jun-2007 at 04:52 PM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Here's a little list.
    • 2 lengthy posts lost in the space of half hour that had to be re-typed
    • Pages takin' up to a whole minute to change
    • PC froze 3 times (even the refresh button's not happy)
    • More error messages than Gary Glitter's laptop

And I'm not the only HPotD member who's experiencing this right now. Sorry to sound cheeky but c'mon, what's the crack? Who's gonna give me back my lost half-hour?

Edit: 52 seconds this message took to post!
    No problems here (at the moment)!?

EDIT: This reply took 1 second.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Been all over, up and down for me, not at all consistent.

Sometimes fine, sometimes a load of wank.

I get a lot of "connection reset" pages, which does my nuts in (I always copy all the text before I post just in case there's a bugger up, have done for ages). Quite often pages can take pissing ages to load, absolutely ages, other times there's absolutely no response.

Other times, it can run perfectly fine.

What's up, yo?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Been all over, up and down for me, not at all consistent.

Sometimes fine, sometimes a load of wank.

I get a lot of "connection reset" pages, which does my nuts in (I always copy all the text before I post just in case there's a bugger up, have done for ages). Quite often pages can take pissing ages to load, absolutely ages, other times there's absolutely no response.

Other times, it can run perfectly fine.

What's up, yo?
    Over what time frame has this been happening? Last X hours?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Last couple of weeks actually.

Prior to that it had a period of being perfectly fine, before that it was so-so, before that fine...

Kinda switches from being fine to being temperamental...really odd. So I'm currently in a temperamental time with the forum...hmmm.

Administrator

England
    Have to admit cheif, i have been getting alot of "Internal Server Errors" tonight and not been able to log in.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Have to admit cheif, i have been getting alot of "Internal Server Errors" tonight and not been able to log in.
    Indeed, add that the list. Another one I'm experiencing as of late are new posts not being highlighted. The other day I logged in and there were 100-something new replies/threads, so I go to new posts and there was nothing to view. When I backtracked to forums home - 0 new posts! WTF?

That meant, I had to find them all by ploughing through the forums individually, not a pleasure cruise let me tell you. That's a semi-regular occurrance now.
    Last edited by capncnut; 14-Jun-2007 at 09:59 AM.