Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The streets aren't safe anymore...

United States
    Glad to hear your ok. If you were in the US I'd say buy a handgun. Is pepper spray or Mace legal in the UK? How about expandable batons? Or perhaps a small knife like the Spyderco?

Were you wearing the MP3 walking when the thugs ambushed you?

Sounds like you might have been in Condition White. Here is a self defense article that you might find helpful.

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/infor...em.asp?ID=3495
    Last edited by Eyebiter; 02-Feb-2007 at 09:23 PM.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United Kingdom
    I'm sorry to hear it, the streets of the UK aren't very safe nowadays.

My brother got his jaw broken when coming home from the Tesco with his mate one night, a couple of guys just stepped out of a car and beat him and his mate up, the horrible thing was that then didn't even attempt to steal anything of my bro or his mate.

I hope you can overcome it and that you can get your life back to normal.

ViP

United States
    Can you carry a tazer in the UK?

Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    All i remember is walking along Wallsend Road, then feeling a hard punch on my head. I woke up and found that they took everything and that I was bleeding.

I could have fought off one or maybe two of them, but four???
    ....?

England
    Nah no tasers or anything over here axlish,in fact if you had one and used it to fend off an attacker then you would be the one facing charges & would probably have to pay the poor lamb you hurt compensation,welcome to the jungle!

United States
    by the way
    the streets were never safe

never will be either

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by 7734 View Post
    ....?
    Someone probably saw it.

Over ten years ago I got the **** beat out of me for my bike, it was locked onto a fence and they didn't get it, the worst part was people walked by and allowed that to happen.
    Next day I just got up and went to school despite being bruised. Sadly some ****er broke into my shed just a few months later at night and stole the bike.
    The irony is I am now 6 foot 6 inch tall, a bit overweight but still fear that it could happen again, there's no garuntees it won't but being shut in was the worst thing I ever did, just take it one step at a time.

I'd suggest victims of any sort of similar crime get in touch with Victim Support look it up in the phone book.
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 03-Feb-2007 at 10:08 AM.

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    This will be the only time I say this, but thank god for CCTV

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Did they get the little ****s?
    Prosecute them. They'll have sob stories but just ignore it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    on a similar crime themed note, my mom, (from our poor single parent famil) scrimpt and saved for months to get 700 quid to get a car, but a sleasy dealer has taken her money and is saying she never met, he's hid the car and is not picking up the phone, me and my uncle had to go down there and kid the door to the office open to make him try and give it bakc ,hes said come back today for the money, my uncles and my mom are there right now, and theyve been about 2 hours, heres hoping she gets it back those robbin' bastards should burn in hell.

its b.s autocars in burton, stafforshire, in case your wondering.

...yes "B.S" wonder what that stands for

England
    sounds like you should go down & throw brake fluid over all his cars on the forecourt it burns the paint off & rots the metal underneath so it cant be re-sprayed very easily,never had reason to do it myself,but ive heard about it!

Super Moderator

UK
    You should kick those guys' asses trying to keep your mum's money. Is that car place some kind of family run "business"? Such things are dodgy as hell I say, I worked briefly with a family run business (hire cars) and they had absolutely no idea about working with other people, they didn't even have a f*cking computer! - They used goddamn pencil and paper on a board for crying out loud!

The dude who owned that thing, his brother got slammed up in jail for clocking cars, and the owner himself died like two years ago - karma's a bitch eh?

Anyway, this dude was a complete asshole. When you hire someone you tell them what to do - as well as not work them ALL day when you're only part time. I just sat around and did pretty much naff all in between the odd bit of farting around cleaning a car (which another bloke working there would just SMOKE inside of). Then he expected me to go home and use my own f*cking time to look up sh*t on the internet for him to find out where you can get Porsche 911 rear lights (cos he backed one into a wall, the dumb bastard).

Needless to say I jacked it in quicksmart, I'd worked the year before at a proper garage and it was ran properly (despise having he odd grievance here and there), anyway, getting to the point of this story - he was refusing to give me the money I earned when I worked there and gave me the run around for about a month (going off "on holiday" at one point, rather conveniently), I kept coming in and putting on the pressure, being a royal pain in their ass until he finally paid up, but he didn't wanna do it - he even called me a "tosser" - IN FRONT OF A F*CKING CUSTOMER THEY WERE SERVING.

I called him on it ("I think the same of you" - and he interpreted this as ME called HIM a tosser FIRST ... f*cking nutter) and flat out made a scene in front of his customers pointing out his complete inability to deal with people. I got my money (and cost him a bunch as he had to insure me for working there) and left the place, it was a complete shoddy organisation.

So yeah, keep piling the pressure on those guys, keep going down there and making a scene in front of their customers (without giving cause to get the cops called on you) and you'll get your cash back.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    they stayed there all day turning customers away, funny as hell