Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *panics* BAN JACKASS!!!

Super Moderator

UK

*panics* BAN JACKASS!!!

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/news.htm#Stupid_Stunt

If the kid is stupid enough to do what he did, then clearly he wasn't taught well enough by his parents not to do something so freakin' daft. And where in Jackass: The Movie was there a stunt like what this kid did?

capncnut
    They wont ban it. Every now and then some unmotivated little turd decides to blow himself or do something equally as stupid just because he want's to copy his heroes. It is down to immaturity and the court will view it that way. At the most, they'll partially ban some of the advertisements for it, nothing more. What if some kid nicked a car and crashed it into a wall because he saw it on The Bill?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Typical parents. Blame everyone but themselves. I like this quote:

It was reported the boy watched the film in his bedroom with his twin brother and best friend before acting the scene out.
    Hey, parents. You had a good 90 minutes to go in there and put a stop to it. Why didn't you? Why did your kids have access to this film in the first place?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    you can blame a tv show, blame the parents, blame the kisd but it all adds up to the same thing.
    people are retards, thats why we have shows like funniyiest home videos, **** happens guys, 'specially to some dumb kids they gravitate towards bad ideas, i should know.

Undisclosed
    The sad thing about this is the fact these kids will probably produce offspring. Its part of survival of the fittness. All we need is a generation of dumb asses.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    its allready begun, look at anyone below the the age of 15 nowadays

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    its allready begun, look at anyone below the the age of 15 nowadays
    A pussified generation, too. It seems that people in my age group and even when we were much much younger were a tougher group. We never wore helmets or pads while riding bikes or roller skating. We weren't afraid to fight. No pulling out guns or getting revenge afterwards. Once it was settled it was settled. I don't remember kids 10-20 years ago doing stupid sh!t like that. Yeah, we did dumb things, but we drew a line for stupidity.

Super Moderator

UK
    We did some pretty stupid stuff at uni when I look back. Like running around a cramped, dark living room wearing masks brandishing kitchen knives while a strobe light flashed away. I nearly caught a knife in the face, as did the others ... but at the time it was f*cking hilarious. I even filmed it.

Then we did the old "cool stuff to put in a microwave" thing, and had hella fun ... but we stopped once our heads started hurting.

Other things like homemade smoke bombs, throwing bangers at each other, match-head bombs, the classic aerosol + fire combo ... it was hilarious at the time, and good fun to film ... but I look back at some of the stuff we did and I think "geez, what if that had gone wrong?" ... I guess it's the innate feeling of invulnerability you have when you're that young ... although this plonker who "copied Jackass" was 11 and should be played GI Joe rather than the human torch.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    What if some kid nicked a car and crashed it into a wall because he saw it on The Bill?
    I think the REAl question is "What if some kid shoved a shovel into another kid's mouth because he saw it on Day of the Dead?"

Anyway, these people are all fucktards. It's his own goddamn fault for not thinking "hmm... Could I get hurt doing this?" before copying (Supposedly) something from a movie in which people HURT themselves. Dumbass.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Then we did the old "cool stuff to put in a microwave" thing, and had hella fun ... but we stopped once our heads started hurting.
    oh aye, i know that game well, rasins, rotten eggs and crisp packets (before they were made of foil) were a few of the greats.

United States
    I'm sure there's been fiftymillion people who've attempted jackass stunts gone wrong, but it won't get banned for the simple fact that it has the disclaimer at the beginning to not try these stunts at home.

I also don't recall anyone in jackass number 2 lighting themselves on fire. Leave it to stupidity...

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ugh. Morons. This kid shouldn't even be watching TV at all if he's going to attempt stuff he sees.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    A pussified generation, too. It seems that people in my age group and even when we were much much younger were a tougher group. We never wore helmets or pads while riding bikes or roller skating. We weren't afraid to fight. No pulling out guns or getting revenge afterwards. Once it was settled it was settled. I don't remember kids 10-20 years ago doing stupid sh!t like that. Yeah, we did dumb things, but we drew a line for stupidity.
    Doont know yer age but kids did a lot of dum stuff when I was a kid.
    One thre a rope around a power line and got fried in front of my cousin and the kid down the street got his head shot off while goofing around.
    Thats in the SEVENTIES.
    Kids got stabbed and whatnot when I was a kid. People used to say the same exact thing you jsut said when I was a kid "used to be...."
    Fact is
    People are dumb, Always have been.

As far as media stunts, obsenity being some kind of new thing.
    In Pompeii there are drawings pn walls (bathroom walls too, or whatever passed for a bathroom) of people sucking off and butt slamming and huge boobs etc. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    The sad thing about this is the fact these kids will probably produce offspring. Its part of survival of the fittness. All we need is a generation of dumb asses.
    You should see Idiocracy. Thats what its about. And MAya Rudolph is really hot in it
    Last edited by coma; 07-Feb-2007 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    We did some pretty stupid stuff at uni when I look back. Like running around a cramped, dark living room wearing masks brandishing kitchen knives while a strobe light flashed away. I nearly caught a knife in the face, as did the others ...

I DID catch a knife down my face, and still have a hair-line scar to show for it... A mate bought a knife, flashed it around my face expecting me to back away and instead I stood him out. The knife slashed my cheek open....

Three stitches later we were laughing about it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, tough guy eh?

Aye I've done the "stand them out/stare them out" thing and ended up getting punched or poked in the eye, lol. Mind you, it was funny when a friend got all pissed off and punched me in the face, I didn't flinch and didn't stagger back, and it wasn't like it was a limp-ass punch, it left me with a bruise around my cheek, but I didnay flinch ... which my mates found hilarious and the puncher was left feeling a bit gutted out, haha!