Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Films you like but everyone else hates

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    The War of the Worlds 2005. Most people insult it's ending, some with good reason and some with crap reason. Those with a good reson insult the fact that it ended with everyone reuniting, and those with a crap reason insult the fact that the aliens were defeated by bacteria and such. They are too stupid to accept anythin other than a big action scene to finally defeat aliens in a scifi movie, the fucktards.
    RIGHT ON ! I also like Morgan Freemans' narration ... I bought the dvd , and watch it once in while . Its the littlest of foes that sometimes kick ass the most effectively ...
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Undisclosed
    UHF
    Last Action Hero
    Eyes Wide Shut
    Leatherface : Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3

Banned User

United States
    A movie that comes to my mind is American Psycho. I love the movie yet everyone I know hates it. I Thought it was origional and at the end your left wondering if the guy actually killed anyone or if it was just in his mind. I liked how the story was narriated by his thoughts. Another movie that comes to mind is Lawrence of Arabia and Fiddler on the Roof. Many people do not have an appreciation for the older classic movies any more.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    A movie that comes to my mind is American Psycho. I love the movie yet everyone I know hates it. I Thought it was origional and at the end your left wondering if the guy actually killed anyone or if it was just in his mind. I liked how the story was narriated by his thoughts. Another movie that comes to mind is Lawrence of Arabia and Fiddler on the Roof. Many people do not have an appreciation for the older classic movies any more.
    Wha wha wha??? I understand that the people that you know don't like "American Psycho", but everyone I know loves it. It's a great flick.

And where the hell do you get the idea that alot of people don't like "Lawrence of Arabia"(although, i'm sure you meant the people around you)? It's an amazing classic film. That's like saying most people don't like "Ben Hur".....

You should slap the people that said those things.

Banned User

United States
    I was referring to everyone that I know.

Yes, I love Lawrence of Arabia. It is a wonderful flick.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Lawrence of Arabia is considered a classic and is number #28 on IMDbs Top 250 films list. So it's a generally well liked movie.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    RIGHT ON ! I also like Morgan Freemans' narration ... I bought the dvd , and watch it once in while . Its the littlest of foes that sometimes kick ass the most effectively ...

Morgan Freeman is awesome in every thing he does.
    Last edited by HLS; 07-Feb-2007 at 05:33 PM.

capncnut
    A movie that comes to my mind is American Psycho. I love the movie yet everyone I know hates it.
    Yeah and I'm one of those people. When you read the book then watch the film, there's no comparison. Who the hell gave Bale the role of Bateman? There's no denying that he's a good (well, more like reasonable) actor but I wanted more menace and a lot more vanity. At the end of the day, it's another poor Easton Elis movie translation. Yeah, I'm saying Less Than Zero and Rules of Attraction were s**t. Read the books. Makes the movies look piss poor.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Yeah and I'm one of those people. When you read the book then watch the film, there's no comparison. Who the hell gave Bale the role of Bateman? There's no denying that he's a good (well, more like reasonable) actor but I wanted more menace and a lot more vanity. At the end of the day, it's another poor Easton Elis movie translation. Yeah, I'm saying Less Than Zero and Rules of Attraction were s**t. Read the books. Makes the movies look piss poor.

I thought he did a good job on the vanity part but Bale did not seem menacing enough. But I liked it never the less. I wonder if the sequel they made to it is any good?

capncnut
    I wonder if the sequel they made to it is any good?
    What the one with the chick? Don't go there, it was awful.

Banned User

United States
    I think it was the chick from Sleepy Hollow Christina Ricci? or something like that. Hell I do not remember the name
    Last edited by HLS; 07-Feb-2007 at 05:57 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Actually, it was Mila Kunis. Jackie from "That 70's Show" and Meg from "Family Guy" played the psycho. And no....it wasn't very good.

It did have Sgt. TJ Hooker himself......William Shatner, though.

It also sported two actresses from Yawn. I didn't realize...

United States
    I thought he did a good job on the vanity part but Bale did not seem menacing enough. But I liked it never the less. I wonder if the sequel they made to it is any good?
    Sequel was a serious waste of financial pathos . I loved Bales acting when he plays Huey Lewis and and hacks that dork ... "The Machinist" is great and I love "Equalibrium " ...
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    Sequel was a serious waste of financial pathos . I loved Bales acting when he plays Huey Lewis and and hacks that dork ... "The Machinist" is great and I love "Equalibrium " ...

You read my mind. Ya that was my fav. scene in the movie. I also thought Bale made A GOOD BATMAN

United States
    You read my mind. Ya that was my fav. scene in the movie. I also thought Bale made A GOOD BATMAN
    A GREAT Batman. Who could do it better?
    Machinist was really fantastic. Bales a great actor.
    didnt see Equalslldlf;dgfgf (spelli?)
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers