Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pot Heads?

United States

G17 ...

My grand-dad (moms dad) was a beatnik jazz pianist late 40's , grew pot . My mom used to smoke .If I am lucky , a buddy of mine sends me an 8th or so of pharmacuetical grade in a jar of espresso 2-3 times a year from Florida . I can live without it . I just consider it a once in while thing , if I am lucky . As far as gettin' baked and viewing a GAR , sometimes its Dawn (theatrical cut) , or Day ("Is this the sh*t thats supposed to knock our socks off?!") , or Night '68 ... Night '90, or maybe Land ...um I am not stoned right now ... lets see . The next time I get jiggy w/ some buds ," Diary of the Dead " will be on dvd so ...I'll say "Diary ...
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    You sir, are a dumbass. There is no parallel between toking and watching Romero films.

This only serves my theory that most Romero fans are idiots. They're almost like republicans. I like a few, but most of them strike me as being ignorant and altogether repugnant.
    Last edited by Chaos; 13-Feb-2007 at 04:28 PM.

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    You sir, are a dumbass. There is no parallel between toking and watching Romero films.

This only serves my theory that most Romero fans are idiots. They're almost like republicans. I like a few, but most of them strike me as being ignorant and altogether repugnant.
    not sure i understand you, nobody said there were parallels, just that they are good movies to watch when youre stoned.

anyway that doesnt even make sense...i think your definiton of "parallel" differs somewhat to mine....an example of how i define it is ;there are paralells between dawn 78 and dawn 04 because they share a similar plot... so how can there be parallels between pot smoking and romero movies...? they are both centred on product that stems from independant distributors perhaps?

did you mean there isn't necessarily a connection between the two?

parallels;

3.a) Having comparable parts, analogous aspects, or readily recognized similarities: the parallel lives of two contemporaries.
    b) Having the same tendency or direction: parallel motives and aims.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    not sure i understand you, nobody said there were parallels, just that they are good movies to watch when youre stoned.

anyway that doesnt even make sense...i think your definiton of "parallel" differs somewhat to mine....an example of how i define it is ;there are paralells between dawn 78 and dawn 04 because they share a similar plot... so how can there be parallels between pot smoking and romero movies...? they are both centred on product that stems from independant distributors perhaps?

did you mean there isn't necessarily a connection between the two?

parallels;

3.a) Having comparable parts, analogous aspects, or readily recognized similarities: the parallel lives of two contemporaries.
    b) Having the same tendency or direction: parallel motives and aims.

Your average blazer can watch anything while he tokes. Look at how many potheads sat back and watched teletubbies. The whole claim that potheads and Romero's movies go hand-in-hand is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Most of the posters on these forums are the reason why artists try to isolate themselves from their fans. The reason why Cobain would vomit after concerts after seeing the worthless pieces of filth that came to see him. Could claims like these be embarassing? My guess is yes. Not to mention, totally baseless and stupid.
    Last edited by Chaos; 13-Feb-2007 at 04:42 PM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Your average blazer can watch anything while he tokes. Look at how many potheads sat back and watched teletubbies. The whole claim that potheads and Romero's movies go hand-in-hand is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Most of the posters on these forums are the reason why artists try to isolate themselves from their fans. The reason why Cobain would vomit after concerts after seeing the worthless pieces of filth that came to see him. Could claims like these be embarassing? My guess is yes. Not to mention, totally baseless and stupid.
    I disagree. It's people like YOU that are the reason artists stay away from their fans. You're very pretentious.

PS - I highly doubt Kurt Cobain puked from seeing his fans. I'm sure it was from the booze/drugs he was on and the fact that he was using so much energy on stage.

Undisclosed
    Hey, I never watched Teletubbies or anything retarded like that.

Kazakhstan
    pretentious is the word.

have you ever smoked weed with any regularity?

pot aids idle daydreaming, yes?

romero movies are real brain candy when it comes to sober daydreaming, let alone weed-enhanced, that's why there's so much fanfiction on this site, and why one movie spawned an entire subgenre of books, movies, videogames etc.

i'll bet everyone on this board has had an idea for their own zombie movie at some point.

when youre watching those movies it gets your imagination going, you wonder what you would do, what it would really be like, etc. it's fun to wonder about stuff like that when youre stoned.

almost every time ive watched any of those movies with friends and had a blaze, the conversation turns to; "what would you do then?", something that doesnt really happen with say, the terminator movies or an episode of teletubbies...

plus there's the fact that you often end up watching these movies & getting stoned late at night or just as dawn breaks, which adds to the feeling of immersion.

i agree almost anything is good when youre stoned, but things like zombie and disaster movies are even better.

and kurt cobain was disgusted at his fans because most of his songs were sensitive, angsty tunes that rejected the machismo of america's patriarchal type attitudes, but instead he just saw braindead jocks moshing to the songs he wrote to attack them. he also didnt think nirvana were ever that good and detested what he saw as mindless adoration.

i can totally see where youre coming from and i dont disrespect you particularly, but i think you are wrong nonetheless.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    pretentious is the word.

have you ever smoked weed with any regularity?

pot aids idle daydreaming, yes?

romero movies are real brain candy when it comes to sober daydreaming, let alone weed-enhanced, that's why there's so much fanfiction on this site, and why one movie spawned an entire subgenre of books, movies, videogames etc.

i'll bet everyone on this board has had an idea for their own zombie movie at some point.

when youre watching those movies it gets your imagination going, you wonder what you would do, what it would really be like, etc. it's fun to wonder about stuff like that when youre stoned.

almost every time ive watched any of those movies with friends and had a blaze, the conversation turns to; "what would you do then?", something that doesnt really happen with say, the terminator movies or an episode of teletubbies...

plus there's the fact that you often end up watching these movies & getting stoned late at night or just as dawn breaks, which adds to the feeling of immersion.

i agree almost anything is good when youre stoned, but things like zombie and disaster movies are even better.

and kurt cobain was disgusted at his fans because most of his songs were sensitive, angsty tunes that rejected the machismo of america's patriarchal type attitudes, but instead he just saw braindead jocks moshing to the songs he wrote to attack them. he also didnt think nirvana were ever that good and detested what he saw as mindless adoration.

i can totally see where youre coming from and i dont disrespect you particularly, but i think you are wrong nonetheless.
    Potheads read into their tea leaves a bit too much. I think they will use any excuse they can find in order to justify lighting up a j. That's what i'm saying. Seriously though, Romero's movies make you think when you're stone cold sober. Naturally, a blazer is going to capitalize on anything like that. It's getting ridiculous.

Kazakhstan
    mate, pot accelerates your imagination.

seeing as you admit romero movies do this anyway, and any stoner will testify to weed amplifying it, i don't see the debate...

i gave it up and i still admit that it makes you seriously imaginative for the duration. fair play it also robs you of the ability to do anything with that imagination, but still.

did the potheads at school give you a hard time or something?

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    Smoked two bowls and watched Day last night with a friend. Sparked up some good zombie apocalypse discussion, good times. Videogames and pot go hand in hand as well, I think. The ability to control a character on screen while baked is great, especially when you have a few friends over to join in the fun. You become so immersed, your imagination just runs wild.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I have blazed quite a bit a sat down to watch all the dead films in one sitting, however, I prefer being smoked out to watch comedies and action films. However, my fave blaze session is me, and two bowl smoke-out, Return of the Living Dead 1 or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Believe it or not I have not watched Deadlands blasted. I guess I will have to give it a viewing once the re-edit is completed and then get really stupid and sit and watch the film.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States

Name calling ... hmm You may have a cool avatar , but I believe in reality , you would sh*t your pants in a firefight . As far as parallels between what entertains a stoner and what doesnt , why come to a fansite to insult ? That is very telling of character .
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've noticed that seems to be a common trait with this fella....

But to be on topic. I used to be until "the man" got me down.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Videogames and pot go hand in hand as well, I think. The ability to control a character on screen while baked is great, especially when you have a few friends over to join in the fun. You become so immersed, your imagination just runs wild.
    Gradius III....then Gradius IV.....and then Gradius V on the PS2 were my favorites.....

Those games got too intense...!

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Undisclosed
    Im in!! Smokin and watchin the Dead flicks is good times!!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi