Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Van Halen back to normal this summer.... YES!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Van Halen back to normal this summer.... YES!

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Kazakhstan
    i'm goin, no doubt.

ruuunnin with the deviiiiil
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I remember Diamond Dave taking Howard Sterns spot on the radio in December '05. I also remember Diamond Dave being booted off the air, due to sucking, in January '06.

United States
    We'll see what happnes. They have said this before.
    Van Halen sucks from Diver Down on anyway
    Fair Warning is the only one I can listen to these days
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    if they come to spokane im there

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I am a huge Van Halen fan, but I prefer the David Lee Roth Van Halen, not Van Hager or Van Cherone. The only Van Hagar tune I like is Human's Being from the Twister soundtrack.

If the re-united Van Halen makes it to DC or Baltimore, MD I will be there and be a happy camper. Although I will be a little bummed Michael Anthony will not be playing bass.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

capncnut
    "I brought my pencil,
    gimme sumthin' to write on, man!"

Undisclosed
    I saw Van Hagar years back. It was a decent show. I wonder why there will be no Anthony? Why have a reunion if your not gonna do it right?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by twistbud View Post
    I saw Van Hagar years back. It was a decent show. I wonder why there will be no Anthony? Why have a reunion if your not gonna do it right?

I agree and hopefully they will get him in their, but I wanna hear Diamond Dave's Vocals in the lead again.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States

The Brothers Halen ...

Okay , I have seen VH 10 times since 1979 . First they opened for Ted Nugent in Bridgeport Conn ... I had front row tickets 'cause My moms friend worked at the venue . I wanted to see Ted play "Great White Buffalo", but after VH ripped everyone a new assh*ole , I decided that I wanted to play guitar , not be a rockstar , just play the axe ... He inspired me to be the best I could be . Then I saw them in 1980 , The US fest in '81 , 1983 , and then witnessed the addition of Sammy in 1986 in Landover MD ... In my opinion , Sam can can really sing well live . He doesnt have the stage presence of Dave , but he has real down to earth talent . When he and Ed jammed in on " I cant Drive 55" man that kicked some serious a$$ ! Saw Monsters of Rock in 87' (?) ou812 tour , and then the F.U.C.K. tour which was really great . I saw them in Orlando for the Balance tour actually met them that afternoon before the show , very cool musicians . I was them w/ Cherone at House of Blues in Orl fl. in '98 and was right ifo Eddie . Loved it , because I respected what Gary was contributing to the sound , I liked VH 3 . They (the whole band) walked through the ticket-holder line , talked with us . I shook Eds hand and he said " Are you a musician? " I told told him why I play , how he inspired me to be a musician , even tho I am a 3rd gen musician like him .We had a cool brief conversation . Last I saw them in '04 in Ft laud fl , and Ed was too drunk to play his solo as well as I have seen in the past years , but it was a good show . Everyone will have thier opinion on who should sing for then band . I say let them play , If you dont like it , go worship some other podium. The way I see it , Micheal Anthony will be sorely missed because of his really great backup singing . His bass playing is good during the music ,( by 1986 his bass solos were just funny , not really a solo but more a barrage of noise) but Illl be interested to see Wolfs' solo , if its at all a growth in musicianship . I loved Daves performances (esp the US fest which I have on vhs ), but I saw him in orl in '97 at the Station and it was really sad , he cant really jump (hairpiece) or sing at all . But I will always have Edwards influence to be an expressionist of sorts on the instrument . So , the argument continues : Dave vs. other front men , I say let them play;no matter who is singing , Ill do my best to attend and make my own mind up based on that show . For what its worth , it was never Van Hagar , NEVER ... ask Ed or Alex .

Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    We'll see what happnes. They have said this before.
    Van Halen sucks from Diver Down on anyway
    Fair Warning is the only one I can listen to these days
    Happy Trails to you !
    Last edited by DVW5150; 09-Feb-2007 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

ViP

United States
    I saw them with Hagar in Jacksonville in 04. It was a make-up date for a prior hurricane and the attendance was a joke, but the show was pretty good aside from Hagar being disinterested the whole time (he literally never stopped signing autographs the entire concert).

I saw DLR around 2000 and Dave must have had his legs back because he damn sure did a full split, mid-air, and it was the last song of the night. AWESOME SHOW!! DLR's show was much more fun than the Hagar led show I saw in 04. Plus I got in a fight during Hot for Teacher. Some arsewipe jumped on me and my friend, I cracked the dude in the head twice, HARD, and then got tossed on my butt by a bouncer. Great evening all around.

Will I see VH this time around? Perhaps.

Kazakhstan
    DVW was that monsters of rock at donington UK? (the TRUE monsters of rock )
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    DVW was that monsters of rock at donington UK? (the TRUE monsters of rock )
    VH did a U.S. "Monsters of Rock" tour w/ Metallica , Guns n Roses and few others ....think it was '87 or so . I saw VH and Metallica , bur G n R was sooo bad I left .I like Guns stuff , dont get me wrong , it mustve been a bad stage monitor mix .

Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    I saw them with Hagar in Jacksonville in 04. It was a make-up date for a prior hurricane and the attendance was a joke, but the show was pretty good aside from Hagar being disinterested the whole time (he literally never stopped signing autographs the entire concert).

I saw DLR around 2000 and Dave must have had his legs back because he damn sure did a full split, mid-air, and it was the last song of the night. AWESOME SHOW!! DLR's show was much more fun than the Hagar led show I saw in 04. Plus I got in a fight during Hot for Teacher. Some arsewipe jumped on me and my friend, I cracked the dude in the head twice, HARD, and then got tossed on my butt by a bouncer. Great evening all around.

Will I see VH this time around? Perhaps.
    The show I saw in Orlando was at a bar called 'the Station' and I think Jason Becker was playing w/ him ( b4 Jason got sick ) ... all I can remember was the band was awesome , but I had to watch Dave attempt to re-catch his 'style' , I love the guys legendary stage presence , but it was sort of like staring at a road collision , to see who survived .The stage over-head clearance was at least 15 feet above his head ;he was WOW-ing and jumping literally 1 inch off the ground . It was sad . He had a toupe which just was wierd . I will see them this summer ...
    Last edited by DVW5150; 09-Feb-2007 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

ViP

United States
    I think he may have gotten hairplugs by the time I saw him, or perhaps the lighting hid the toupee well. At one point during a solo (not sure who the guy was, but he was decent, but couldn't play all of Little Guitars) Dave was literally prancing around the stage in circles, with his pants halfway down his ass.

Banned User

United States
    Whats the deal with Sammy Hagar and Van Halen? I do not keep up with these things. I always thought Sammy was a better vocalist than Dave.

**HLS slowly backs out of the thread before she is clobbered by Daves fans***