Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "hope is emo"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

"hope is emo"

theres a whole site about this damn stuff, spoof or not, there are people at my college like this and all i can say is oh.my.god.

were the frigg did emo's come from anyway?, there like the emotional outbursts of chavs meets the sheer depressing nature of uber-goths.

DAMN YOUSE TIM BURTON!!!, DAMN YOUSE TA' HELL!

capncnut
    I sincerely hope people like this don't actually exist.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    were the frigg did emo's come from anyway?
    Damned if I know man. They can all go back there as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by capncnut; 08-Feb-2007 at 03:25 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    oh i assure you they do, they are to me what hippies are to eric cartman, theres one round my college who spent the last 3 months dressed like jack sparrow from pirates of the caribeann.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28slang%29

i think ,on a grand scale, the powers that be have placed chavs and emo's on the world to fight some kidna secret war like in underworld.

...but with an easy outcome, you know the chavs would win, one smack on the back of the head with a white lightnin' bottle filled with stones.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They're not called "emos"... they're generally labeled "hipsters" or "scenesters".

Why are you accusing this to be Tim Burton's fault? Because of Edward Scissorhands? Try bashing Robert Smith & The Cure, Fugazi, and The Smiths. Well, that's where I'd start blaming, anyway.

capncnut
    I blame My Chemical Romance and Panic @ The Disco. *loads shotgun with a smile*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    pretty much all of the above.

Kazakhstan
    it has bugger all to do with the goth scene, if anything the emo menance arose from straight edge/post hardcore & metalcore scenes.

bands like fugazi and weezer are probably the most popular bands that solidified the sound & aesthetic respectively.

when they first started appearing (before the emo term was coined) we all mistook them for mall goths and used to interrogate them on matters of joy division and bauhaus to see if they actually knew anything about goth music, which they didn't.

i hate to cash in on hatred of a social clique, but emos pretty much all piss me off, theyre nearly all self dramatising, self conscious posers who think theyre all tortured artiste types. total joke.

on a good note though, theyve sort of engineered a begrudging respect between chavs and mosher kids, due to their mutual hatred of emo...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I always see you guys using the term "chav"... what the hell is a chav?

You can't say emo rose from metalcore because before the sudden uprising of millions of hipsters there weren't very many metalcore bands. I think the two thrive off each other. I'd say it's a combination of a ton of things but shivty pop-punk, Fugazi, and librarians are at the top of my list.

I believe there is a hipster or two on these boards. Sorry guys, but I can't stand your "scene" and if it were up to me you'd all be shipped out to a deserted island where you could practice your stupid farking karate-kicking dance moves, finger points, sing alongs, and doing your hair/make-up.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I always see you guys using the term "chav"... what the hell is a chav?

You can't say emo rose from metalcore because before the sudden uprising of millions of hipsters there weren't very many metalcore bands. I think the two thrive off each other. I'd say it's a combination of a ton of things but shivty pop-punk, Fugazi, and librarians are at the top of my list.

I believe there is a hipster or two on these boards. Sorry guys, but I can't stand your "scene" and if it were up to me you'd all be shipped out to a deserted island where you could practice your stupid farking karate-kicking dance moves, finger points, sing alongs, and doing your hair/make-up.
    Here you go. Just some more people I would like to ground and pound.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

capncnut
    That was accurate but here's a more concise description:

Foul mouthed, gold chained, tracksuited, Burberry hat wearing, cider drinking, chain smoking, loud, racist, homophobic, granny bashing, disrespectful little s**theads who listen to Lilly Allen and speak in a language only they can understand.

If I forgot something, please add.
    Last edited by capncnut; 08-Feb-2007 at 04:14 PM.

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

GET THOSE KIDS ON MANOWAR & PANTERA!
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the chav...

United States
    I don't know if I'm just not English, but I can't understand a single ****ing word they're saying

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

capncnut
    Well I'm English and even I can't understand some of the things those annoying little twerps say.

Kazakhstan
    innit, i hate the misconception that theyre the working class youth of britain too. theyre braindead workin class AND middle class kids (admittedly who fetishise working class culture, but still). chavettes in particular are almost exclusively toff girls.

THE LEISURE HIVE