Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars NEW VERSIONS...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The sarlaac thing was changed, I believe, due to the fact that Lucas wanted to make clear that Boba Fett died. Alot of fan fics and books brought him back from the dead using various different stories, whereas Lucas wanted the character to die in the sarlaac. So he added a painful looking beaktoungie thing to the sarlaac so that it would be more obvious that Boba had no chance of survival.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    No I do not. Raiders of the Lost Ark is the only movie in that series I have any respect for.

hey, last crusade was all right.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    The boxset was released in 2004, and that was the 2nd special editions.

In 2006, Lucas released the same movies as 2004, as individual films (not a box set) and on a 2nd disc in each release, contains the old master from the CAV laserdisc boxset, but look better due to format, and include Lea welding.
    Jesus Christ I'm confused! So the ONLY way to see the original films (or anything approaching them), and not see all the new mad Lucas changes, is to get one of these? http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/10112...i/Product.html
    http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/10112...k/Product.html
    http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/PROD/3-/...i/Product.html

Which are non-anamorphic and just dolby surround?

And the "special edition" in these versions (on disc 1) is what version? The Lucas mad rehacked version?

Out of interest, do any of the "fan versions" have better sound/visuals? Or have just some of the nicer special effect enhancements included?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    Yes, those are the editions to get.

Mid 90's = Special Editions
    2004 = Revised Special Editions w/ Hayden added in and replaced Emperor hologram

The 2004 versions trump the mid 90's versions by a long shot. For one, they replaced that silly looking Jaba in New Hope with the Phantom Menace CGI model.