UK
    coma thats going in my sig

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    coma thats going in my sig
    Thanks!
    I have way too much time to think about zingers, smoke out and beat off
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    The effects will be the best part of the movie, but the movie is still gonna chow down on a bucket of balls, teabag city ... Day of the Remake will be sh*t, guaranteed.

While the effects aren't complete poo, they just don't inspire me, nor do they seem like the wounds are 'natural' (e.g. those skanky teeth) - it's like comparing the Leatherface mask in TCM1 and then TCM2. The original looked as if the character had made it, the sequel's looked as if Tom Savini had made it...get my drift?

United States
    There is no reason for the crazy teeth. Its a case of "I like making dentures, so I will". being a Zombie doesnt mean you need braces. It may look good, but ultimately its stupid and self indulgent

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    It's completely daft, the teeth shouldn't be that wonky nor that dirty for a fresh zombie, hell, even a near-the-end zombie doesn't have wonkey teeth like that. The teeth you had in life are the teeth you have in semi-death or zombie limbo.

While the effects may be technically not bad, and the odd one is quite good, but it's the fact that it looks like an FX guy had so much fun his pockets are filled with jizzy tissues (l'il Top Gear reference fer ya there), not a genuine zombie attacked a person who then revived as a fellow undead.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It's completely daft, the teeth shouldn't be that wonky nor that dirty for a fresh zombie, hell, even a near-the-end zombie doesn't have wonkey teeth like that. The teeth you had in life are the teeth you have in semi-death or zombie limbo.

While the effects may be technically not bad, and the odd one is quite good, but it's the fact that it looks like an FX guy had so much fun his pockets are filled with jizzy tissues (l'il Top Gear reference fer ya there), not a genuine zombie attacked a person who then revived as a fellow undead.
    O dont think the Brain surgery one make sense either. Why is he covered in blood? He's all stitched up.

I just think the FX guys arent thinking.
    Knocked out teeth makes more sense. And is more gross. They are going too much in the direction of those 70s monster masks.

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Knocked out teeth makes more sense. And is more gross.
    Well, when you jump 25 feet in the air and smash through someone's bedroom window, you got to expect to lose a few teeth in the process.

The effects will be the best part of the movie, but the movie is still gonna chow down on a bucket of balls, teabag city...
    As much as we can try our best to ignore Day of the Teabag, I know we'll all buckle when it comes out.
    Last edited by capncnut; 22-Mar-2007 at 09:25 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, the brain surgery one didn't make a whole lot of sense to me either, where's the blood come from?

United States
    Yeah, the brain surgery one didn't make a whole lot of sense to me either, where's the blood come from?
    Karo syrup

Day of the Douchebag with more flying zombies. Oh how we suffer so! Jumping like the hulk over buildings in a single bound.

I'm gona see it and give it a chance. But I suspect I will be enumerating all the plot holes, MacGuffins and jackass red herrings on HPOTD afterwards. No amount of teenage tits can redeem a crap script. And the obvious fact that Ving's career is heading strait to the surreal life

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    I'll give it a glance, but guaranteed I won't like it and it'll just be sat there teabagging itself cos it has no friends.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Day of the Teabag
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Day of the Douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut again View Post
    Day of the Ballbag
    I see a word game forming here.

Super Moderator

UK
    Day of the Bulgarian Zombies Remake

(or simply)

Day of the Remake (my personal favourite that I started pimping a while back, seeking to regain the popularity of my "Yawn04" from a few years back )

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think it looks good. I mean, I watched Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things yesterday and the make-up totally sucked. But the movie itself was gold. So good/bad makeup doesn't really have to do anything with movie quality.

This picture, however:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...lwell/mena.jpg

Ok, I can buy a cop or street gangster putting firerarms down their belt. But a soldier? Wouldn't that be like one of the first things they tell them NOT to do?

Super Moderator

UK
    And the fact she's holding the shotgun, like, well ... a skinny blonde girl. You fire a shotgun like that, especially her, and you're flying across the room with a busted shoulder.

"it's a bad day to be a zombie" ... nuff said.

Super Moderator

United States
    And the fact she's holding the shotgun, like, well ... a skinny blonde girl. You fire a shotgun like that, especially her, and you're flying across the room with a busted shoulder.
    That's the exact thing that came to my mind when I saw that pic...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany