Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Behind the scenes pics from Day

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And the fact she's holding the shotgun, like, well ... a skinny blonde girl. You fire a shotgun like that, especially her, and you're flying across the room with a busted shoulder.
    It llke when you see a non smoker smoking in a movie. You can tell because they hold it in their fingertips like a nazi
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    It llke when you see a non smoker smoking in a movie. You can tell because they hold it in their fingertips like a nazi

And sometimes they don't inhale at all, it's burning away but it doesn't glow ... and they breathe out and there's nothing ... you'd have thought in this day and age of CGI, they'd add that sort of thing in.

Although it's strange, there's a crackdown on smoking in film and tv at the moment, but I watched Blood Diamond the other day (generally quite a good film, DiCaprio was top notch as was Digimon Hansolo or whatever his name is), and it was FULL of smoking, DiCaprio was huffing on a fag every 5 minutes, it was kinda weird to see ... I guess being a non-smoker you don't really notice how smoking has been getting paired back in popular culture...

Mind you, the whole suggestion of removing smoking from classics like Casablanca is just retarded, it's like removing guns from E.T. ... which they did!

Banned User

United States
    Didi we not tell you to stay away from zombie nation lol

Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Man, is it just me or are some of them zombies looking real juicy and colourful?
    yes the second one looks way too green but i love the one that looks like he had brain surgery. i bet it will look more normal on film.
    Last edited by HLS; 24-Mar-2007 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States

And sometimes they don't inhale at all, it's burning away but it doesn't glow ... and they breathe out and there's nothing ... you'd have thought in this day and age of CGI, they'd add that sort of thing in.

Although it's strange, there's a crackdown on smoking in film and tv at the moment, but I watched Blood Diamond the other day (generally quite a good film, DiCaprio was top notch as was Digimon Hansolo or whatever his name is), and it was FULL of smoking, DiCaprio was huffing on a fag every 5 minutes, it was kinda weird to see ... I guess being a non-smoker you don't really notice how smoking has been getting paired back in popular culture...

Mind you, the whole suggestion of removing smoking from classics like Casablanca is just retarded, it's like removing guns from E.T. ... which they did!
    I saw The 1950s Day of the Triffids a couple of days ago and in the beginning there is a guy in the hospital bed. And a nurse lights a smoke for him. Forgot aboutt hat stuff. My Mom used to smoke in the Drs when I was a kid.
    Removing things from Old films is despicable. Face it. People smoke. They still smoke and they used to smoke A LOT. You cant change reality no matter how hard you try.

they removed Guns from ET? Like a UK version or speilberg himself?
    I havent seen ET since the 80s and recently wanted to see it again and I am getting upset. I dont want some cheesy Lucasish version

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Dead

Undisclosed
    Hell, look at drinking in movies from years ago, its frowned upon now as a negative influence on society. God forbid people see an actual portrayal of reality!

I can not believe they went as far as removing guns from ET? I'll have to pick it up and watch it, of course my recollection from seeing it in its original form in the early 80s isn't much to compare it to.

Political correctness is going to be the death of the United States....everyone who promotes it should have a pointed spear driven up their ass!

Super Moderator

UK
    PC-ness is killing off the UK as well.

As for ET - it was in the 20th Anniversary or whatever edition I believe, they added a bunch of CGI ET shots running around, ponced up the spaceship, added a beating heart that was clearer to see, and most importantly - TOOK THE F*CKING GUNS OUT!!! wtf?! Even Yosemite Sam carries a gun around, so why not gubment agents in ET?!

hehe, interestingly enough in the UK, this 'drinking in the media' has become a bit of an (albeit small) issue of late, mainly pointing at a serial 'drama' (e.g. load of oddly addictive wank that repeats the same three storylines over and over for years) Hollyoaks, as they feel it promotes drinking, it's just showing drinking for how drinking culture is already.

If you wanna tackle the problem, educate teenagers about alcohol in high school, tell them what happens, how you'll feel, what you'll no doubt end up thinking of alcohol, but just get the message into their head sooner without the experimentation.

We weren't told anything about booze in school, but I wasn't and still am not, a boozer. First got slaughtered at 17 years old, that was my introduction to "Snake Bite", a lethal concoction of any booze to hand ... downing that bitch was a bad idea, the drunken-ness literally hit me like a ton of bricks, just like in a cartoon, it just wooshed up on me like a freight train and I immediately starting slurring, having trouble opening my eyes, and wavering on the spot, haha...my point is, if you're educated about drinking and drinking related issues, you'll know what to do, what to expect, and perhaps drink more responsibly. Same with drugs...experimentation is a dangerous game, at least if you know what you're doing then that's something...

Wow, from talking about the utterly non-serious load of wank that is Day of the Remake, to talking about political correctness, vices in movies and drinking culture ... bonus round!

United States
    PC-ness is killing off the UK as well.

As for ET - it was in the 20th Anniversary or whatever edition I believe, they added a bunch of CGI ET shots running around, ponced up the spaceship, added a beating heart that was clearer to see, and most importantly - TOOK THE F*CKING GUNS OUT!!! wtf?! Even Yosemite Sam carries a gun around, so why not gubment agents in ET?!

hehe, interestingly enough in the UK, this 'drinking in the media' has become a bit of an (albeit small) issue of late, mainly pointing at a serial 'drama' (e.g. load of oddly addictive wank that repeats the same three storylines over and over for years) Hollyoaks, as they feel it promotes drinking, it's just showing drinking for how drinking culture is already.

If you wanna tackle the problem, educate teenagers about alcohol in high school, tell them what happens, how you'll feel, what you'll no doubt end up thinking of alcohol, but just get the message into their head sooner without the experimentation.

We weren't told anything about booze in school, but I wasn't and still am not, a boozer. First got slaughtered at 17 years old, that was my introduction to "Snake Bite", a lethal concoction of any booze to hand ... downing that bitch was a bad idea, the drunken-ness literally hit me like a ton of bricks, just like in a cartoon, it just wooshed up on me like a freight train and I immediately starting slurring, having trouble opening my eyes, and wavering on the spot, haha...my point is, if you're educated about drinking and drinking related issues, you'll know what to do, what to expect, and perhaps drink more responsibly. Same with drugs...experimentation is a dangerous game, at least if you know what you're doing then that's something...

Wow, from talking about the utterly non-serious load of wank that is Day of the Remake, to talking about political correctness, vices in movies and drinking culture ... bonus round!
    ET....ugggggh. Y'know because Gov agents that act like Gestapo couldnt possibly be armed! That NEVER, EVER happens in America!

Now some dicks are trying to make any movie with smoking R rated. So if I do a movie about being a kid in the seventies and I show my Mom chain smoking Pall Malls its only for adults? The rating system is crap anyway. See this film is not yet rated for more irritating info on that.

The thing about experimenting is that its experimental. As in you dont know what you are doing and dont know what the outcome will be. s**t, thats half the fun! I first drank at 12 (though didnt like it until my 20s) and smoked out at 14. Smoking then was a way different experience than now. More trippy and certainly more hilarity ensuing

I knew the dangers etc of drink and drugs and did it anyway. Some (Lots of) people want to party, propaganda, I mean, education be damned!

Day of the Dips**ts
    Day of the Dildos
    Day of the Dickheads
    Day of the retread
    Day of the crass exploitation of an under appreciated Master's work that totally misses the point of why it was good in the first place. AKA DOTCEOAUAMWTTMTPOWIWGINFP

We got to come up with a good name for it.
    Dawn of the Flying Zombies 2:Electric Track Star

Small Chicks, Big Guns
    Day of the Teenagers in Nonsensical Danger
    Day of the Self indulgent Makeup effects Designer
    Day of the Sensitive Vegan Zombie
    Day of the Script by Commitee
    Day of the soon to be washed up actor having to take a greasy dump aka F**k y'all part deux

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    It's A Bad Day of the Dead To Be A Zombie...

Day of the Anal Fistf*ck: Yes, that's how comfortable you'll be watching this Trash

Careers of the Dead

United States
    Careers of the Dead
    BWAHHH!
    Day of the option to renew passed on
    Day of Career Suicide

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Careers of the Dead
    I gots ta say, I loikes that one.

Super Moderator

UK
    *chuffs*

GET IN THERE, MY SON!!!

*MZ pulls out another classic!*

capncnut
    Another slice of vintage MZ phrase coinery.

Super Moderator

United States
    I watched Blood Diamond the other day (generally quite a good film, DiCaprio was top notch as was Digimon Hansolo or whatever his name is)...
    Hehe, I just saw this and thought DiCaprio did a decent job, but they didn't give the other guy much to work with...or he botched it...all this screaming and explosive emoting, it was like watching Land again.

"MY SON!!!! YEAGGGGGH! MY SONNNNN!!!"

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany