Thread: We all know about the S.T.A.L.K.E.R game, but....

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

We all know about the S.T.A.L.K.E.R game, but....

did you know that there is a movie?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalker_%28movie%29

capncnut
    Yes, it is an excellent movie by Andrei Tarkovsky. I do believe me and MZ were discussing it a few days ago in a forum somewhere.

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, I've nabbed myself a copy of it and it's just a matter of fitting it into my heavy schedule of sleeping and sitting.

It looks pretty cool, and by the sounds of it, several parts of the film (and likewise the book "Roadside Picnic") have been lifted and put into the game - people going into "the zone" (in STALKER the film it obviously isn't Chernobyl as it pre-dated the disaster by 7 years) 'illegally', strange artefacts litering the landscape, anomalies (just like in the game) - and apparently in the film the dude throws old bolts down paths to see if there are anomalies (you can do this in the game as well).

So I'm looking forward to watching the film, I've seen the first 5 minutes on YouTube a while back and liked what I saw, so I look forward to checking it out (all 2.5 hours of it) in advance of getting the game (which is coming out in like 5 weeks now, w00t!)

Apparently the people who actually look after the Chernobyl plant (making sure it isn't gonna explode again, keeping a check on the stability of the sarcophogous (sp?)...) refer to themselves as "Stalkers".

capncnut
    All you need to do now is nab Solaris and you're set. Tarkovsky's movies are very cryptic and 'clinical' but his style is undeniable.
    Last edited by capncnut; 16-Feb-2007 at 08:34 PM.