Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Superman II--Dick Donner Cut

United States
    I really liked the theatrical superman II, however the Donner cut is seamless to I as far as mood. The Donner cut is great because it is like watching awhole new movie. I hadnt seen II in years but when I watched the Donner cut I kept thinking I dont remember that.
    Then I watched it with the commentary and I was right, tons was new or just differernt, probably from editing.
    Donner says, and I remeber things like this, where Reviewers said they liked Lester better as a Supes Director bacsue of the jokes and Clark/Lois stuff. Turns out all the scenes they refered to were actually scenes DONNER shot.

Donner has ideas for III and IV that he was taking right from the comics. Chris reeve approached him for IV but he declined becasue he thought the concept was lame and innapropriate. Donner thinks that if he was able to keep making them similar to I he couldve made them for many years, 4,6, more, but Lester and the studio killed it trying to save a couple dollars.
    Imagine 6,7, 8 Supermans as good as I and II? That wouldve been great, I have never seen IV. Just looked really bad. I think I may have seen some but it was unmemorable
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    I have never seen IV. Just looked really bad. I think I may have seen some but it was unmemorable
    I know a guy who rates The Quest for Peace as the best of the four. Jeez, there's always one.