Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ratm... Who Else Is Psyched

Undisclosed

Ratm... Who Else Is Psyched

So audioslave broke up, Rage are getting back together for what's known as of now as a 'one off.'

I just hope they realize how much sense it makes for them to come back, and hopefully this performance at Coachella will open their eyes.

RAGE.
    Homepageofthedeader since 2002

capncnut
    The moment these motherf**kers get their asses over to English soil, I'm gonna tear ass in the tornado at the front man. I just hope we get a Soundgarden reformation too.

Kazakhstan
    audioslave formed cause ratm split, now audioslave have been on hiatus due to cornells solo stuff, and ratm have reformed for a bit. now audioslave are history (good riddance, they sucked ) , i dunno, the core trio doesnt seem like it enjoys being idle for too long...i suspect an iminent RATM full on reboot...

its nice to think audioslave might soon become known as this weird period when RATM didnt exist..
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What Capn said, just replace "English soil" with "my corner of the states".

England
    Everyone wanting comebacks from old groups because most modern music is shiiiiiiite,sounds about right!theres a distinct lack of good music at the moment,with the exception of a few bands

Banned User

United States
    Never heard of them.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    Never heard of them.
    you never heard of Rafe Against The Machine? Or just not the initaials people use. Thats what RATM stands for.

funny story.
    MY friend joins this long established popular NYC hardcore band(filled with total dickheads, but thats another story). Its the first popular band he ever joined so He had to work super hard learning all the parts becasue they wanted precision. The first gig he plays with them (this is like 1991) they are headling. An un and coming, but still unkown band opens up for them. Rage Against the machine. Totally took the wind from his sails, because his band was same old NY hardcore, but they were, y'know, RAGE. That kinda sucked for himk. He didnt want to go on at all.
    When a band no one ever heard of, no one heard their songs, they have no record out, plays and every single person goes completly bananas, you are in trouble I am pretty sure it was their first East coast show.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Everyone wanting comebacks from old groups because most modern music is shiiiiiiite,sounds about right!theres a distinct lack of good music at the moment,with the exception of a few bands
    I hear ya, man. I'm sometimes completely shocked by some of the crap that I hear on the radio.....

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    its nice to think audioslave might soon become known as this weird period when RATM didnt exist..
    LOL!!! I remember when the first Audioslave record came out, and how bad I wanted to like it. Only took a day or two to finally realize how bad they were. Cornell needs to bring soundgarden back, and Zach needs to realize how important a band Rage is, and how bad the music world needs them back
    Homepageofthedeader since 2002

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bub21 View Post
    LOL!!! I remember when the first Audioslave record came out, and how bad I wanted to like it. Only took a day or two to finally realize how bad they were. Cornell needs to bring soundgarden back, and Zach needs to realize how important a band Rage is, and how bad the music world needs them back
    Great point, man. Being that RATM is a political band and Zach's lyrics are always about that subject.....he should have ALOT to say about what's going on in the world since he left the band.

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    i saw this interview with trent reznor from nine inch nails recently and he said "i quite like the fact that most new music is really bad. it makes my music look better".

innit.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I have the 7" of Zack De La Rocha's first band, a hardcore band called Inside Out. Revalation Records. I think they may have also re-released the EP on a CD for people that don't buy vinyl anymore (of which are foolish).

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I have the 7" of Zack De La Rocha's first band, a hardcore band called Inside Out. Revalation Records. I think they may have also re-released the EP on a CD for people that don't buy vinyl anymore (of which are foolish).
    Damn straight, gimme vinyl over cd anyday. An album ain't got no hair on it's balls without the odd pop or crackle.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Damn straight, gimme vinyl over cd anyday. An album ain't got no hair on it's balls without the odd pop or crackle.
    I have about 2000 vinyl records, but my turntable is on the way out. Its 40 years old. ACK!
    Anybody got a direct drive turntable to donate?
    Please

I have made albums but until I have a vinyl release I dont feel like a "real" musician.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Oh man, I was quite pleased when I heard RATM was getting back together for a one-off, 'cause we all know damn well that this is the beginning of the reformation of the band. Especially considering the news about audioslave. One thing I will say though: don't get your hopes up for a Soundgarden reunion. It'll never happen according to Chris Cornell, and to be honest, I believe it (for once. Usually I don't believe rock stars when they say stuff like that.. "it'll never happen" - yeah, right)

I think RATM's first CD is simply a classic. Zacks' venemous lyrics and angry-as-all-f*ck delivery overtop of the tightest "in the pocket" rhythm section on the planet.

That being said, I didn't care too much for the albums that followed. I dunno, the first CD really kicked my ass, but the follow ups just seemed to be lacking that initial releases raw energy. I like a few songs off of each album, but the first one, I like every song on it.

...and am I the only one that noticed that Zack's favorite vocal improv's on the first cd were "uh!" and "c'mon!"

By the way, I cannot STAND "rap-rock", but there was something special about RATM.. I'm not sure what it was, but they were the ONLY 'rap-rock' band I could stand to listen to. I think it was the fact that I had never ever heard a singer so goddamn angry as De La Rocha, and i like angry music.

LC