Thread: Hot Fuzz = NOT FUNNY!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Hot Fuzz = NOT FUNNY!

What a let down Hot Fuzz is, I mean I had such high expectations for this considering it was the team behind Shaun of the Dead. This is just not funny, and plain horrible.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    My cousin saw it on friday and said it was brilliant.

Kazakhstan
    everyone i know says it's pretty good. maybe it's too anglocentric? have to see it before i can say...

it was filmed where i live too, so guess the familiarity thing + writing & acting team i loved will give me a bias...

i was a total whore for spaced & shaun though, i doubt i'll hate it...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm pretty sure I'll love it. Any fan of SPACED will probably love it.

Banned User

United States
    i did not realize it opened in the states yet. I saw ghost rider today and i was disapointed as well.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    i did not realize it opened in the states yet. I saw ghost rider today and i was disapointed as well.
    It hasn't been released in the states yet.

Well DJ, you're the first person out of MANY reviews that i've read that says it's not good. Perhaps the past film(Shaun) has once again clouded your judgement and you were expecting the same film that you know all over again?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im damn sure its better than shaun, and while it is faily enligsh with the whole "midsummer murders vibe", they do talk about a lot of american stuff too like bad boys 2, and for some reason when they discover somethign shocking frosts character yells "by the power of grayskull!"

might not be everyones cup of tea, so to speak, but it will be for a lot of people.

Undisclosed
    I hope it doesn't suck!!! That would suck if it sucked. I am so sick of things sucking that are not supposed to suck that I don't know what to do or what to watch anymore. LOL

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    indeed.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    It hasn't been released in the states yet.

Well DJ, you're the first person out of MANY reviews that i've read that says it's not good. Perhaps the past film(Shaun) has once again clouded your judgement and you were expecting the same film that you know all over again?

I was expecting this to be Shaun of the Dead funny, and even though the Shaun style humor is there all the jokes fell flat. There were some midly amusing parts to the movie, but all in all I didn't care for it. I found myself rolling my eyes more than anything. I thought they overdid the references to Shaun and Spaced, they should have toned them down a bit.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Now, I have a pretty strong assumption I'm gonna love Hot Fuzz, I've loved everything I've seen/read/heard about it thus far, but of course, I've already taken on board the fact it's not Shaun of the Dead and so, I'll be going in (no idea when I'll get to though) with no expectations (just like I did with Land of the Dead and a bunch of other flicks).

Hot Fuzz has "difficult second album" scrawled all over it, so I've already taken that into account. I've read the review in Total Film (who seem to pretty much be on my line of thinking), they say it kinda drags a bit in the last 30 minutes (coulda done with tightening probably), so I'm prepared for that.

It's best to just be excited about going to see it, but nothing more, expectation is a huge movie killer I've found, so I just force myself to expect nothing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i said myself allready i wasnt laughing as hard or as often as most of the audience was, but it is still better than shaun i think dj was expecting something like shaun when really its got more of a spaced feel to it than a shaun feel so if you whent in expecting that your gonna be dissapointed anyway, just go at it without thinking of shuan, i think cus of the trailer the fence and cornetto bits have got people thinking it will be like shaun but those two jokes are the only things remotely like shaun in the entire film, so trust me its not shaun of the dead.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Do you ever punctuate, Hellsing?

In anyway I even laughed at the trailer. So I'm pretty sure I'll love this one. Or at least like it. But you never know. I said that about alot of films.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    on the net no, i may be one eloquent son of a bitch in real life but my typeing skills suck.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I will re-watch it today, but I doubt my opinion will change. I just felt that this was a major let down in my opinion. The trailers were very promising, but it ended at that.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!