Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 conspiracies

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Meteorology, climatology, atmospheric physics, and atmospheric chemistry are sub-disciplines of the atmospheric sciences.

The people that predict the weather for this week(Meteorology) arent the same people who make long term climate predictions (climatology, atmospheric physics, and atmospheric chemistry)....they are different disciplines and use different techniques....

...but this does not stop them from making the assumptions. Take a look at the weather channel on cable (if you're in the US) - the meterologists there, many of them, still talk about Global Warming like they know exactly what's going on, which I find quite comical for the reasons I stated previously.

Not to mention, the computer simulations they use to predict this so-called 'global warming' can't even take into account he MANY factors that are involved. In fact, the simulations can only deal with less than half of the factors that affect the weather. Not very accurate if you ask me, but it seems most people have bought into this BS.

Ok, i'm sorry, I thread-jacked. Back to the 9/11 conspiracies....

Someone call the Illuminati and clear this sh*t up, will ya? I'm sure they were involved in the 9/11 conspiracy too.

Hey, don't laugh. If you're willing to believe there is a 9/11 conspiracy, there's no reason to not believe the Illuminati were involved, right?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I saw the episode of Penn & Teller: Bull**** about 9/11 conspiracies, it was pretty interesting, as well as hilarious.
    Penn & Teller are disinformation agents . I met them in the insect zoo at the Smithsonian here in DC once . Very stand-offish smug jerks . Why make public appearances if your are so " I am better than you ." ? However ,I do give them credit for some of the episodes of 'Bullsh!t ' ...the one about recycling was very funny and informative . I wonder though , did any of them lose a friend (or relative) on 9/11 ? I found out a high school buddy / friend of mine died in the south tower a year after the fact . His sister contacted me in october of 02 ... My distrust of our leaders cant be reversed , when I see W reading "My pet Goat" while the perverbial sh!t hits the fan .The lies perpetrated since then , to mislead patriots to fight a war based on lies . Yes , call me a wanker ...Sh!t happens, and I have had 3 friends that re-upped their service that have died in in that sh!thole ;2 in the army & one in the marines . Their kids and wives are left behind ... Yes I am a wanker that distrusts my government . That arse was on vacation in aug. 2001 , ignored the report that was titled :" Bin Laden determined to attack cities in the US " ... 'W' said :" "After all , this is the man (Saddam) who tried to kill my father." What about the firemen who heard the explosions on lower floors in the tower(s) ? That building wasnt coded to have gas cannisters used in the kitchens. Why did the owners sell it 2 weeks before it happened? The Towers were Evacuaded and 'safety inspections' were done a week and half before ? Yes I am a wanker , and I dont care ...Has anyone mentioned that there was an undetermined amount of drugs stored in the CIA offices in building 7?Wanker indeed .Yes , that Penn & Teller was funny unless a friend of yours died ...
    Last edited by DVW5150; 20-Feb-2007 at 01:57 PM.
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United States
    They didnt examine the larger issue of why many people are so willing to believe the administration is the REAL enemy. Which is really important and centra; to the condition (Couldnt resist the refernece)
    There is something to point out too. residents who ahd to smell the burning bodies for a long time as well as the obvious toxic air questioned why
    the Bi-nladin family was expedited to leave the US
    Why Saudi Arabia had no consequences
    Why they immediatley pegged osa ma as the perpetrator
    Why gw "wasnt that concerned with him" right after
    Why Chritstie Todd Whitman said the air was immediatley safe, when anyone with an IQ of 50 could tell it wasnt.
    And the obvious Bonanza it was for the adminiostration
    Iraq= 9/11 ?!?!?!?WTF was that? How convientient

Somehting smells bad. People want truth and try to find it becasue it aint coming form up top.

The recycling episode left off some obvious question that need to be addressed. Cant remember exactlt what now, but that was my feeling. It was the only episode that was incomplete imo
    Last edited by coma; 20-Feb-2007 at 06:59 PM.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I really love Penn and Teller. Sometimes they bring up a subject and express a view I don't agree with, but 95% of the times I do agree with it. Even if I don't, they still make their case pretty well.

But the recycling episode did leave me one question:

They say recycling drains equal amount to - or more, energy than just throwing trash away. By that, do they mean that we equally fast extinguish our oil reserves (for plastic) or just other kinds of energy? They never explained WHAT energy/resources was drained by the hefty recycling project.

But overall, recycling is overrated. I'm not going to stop doing it overall, but I don't really give that much of a **** anymore. Which kind of makes me a shallow person for believing what Penn & Teller say and then obeying them, but down the line I will check the facts out for myself before doing either way.

But currently, I'm kinda pissed at my recycled stuff getting shipped all the way up north (could be upwards 1000 km, just to recycle some crap that they could have landfilled somewhere much closer).

United States
    I love P&T too. I think some of their views are skewed (of course), but I love watching them give certain people the beat-down that deserve it 100%. Did any of you see the Boy Scouts episode this latest season?

And speaking of recycling (not to try and drift too far off topic - hey, the Illuminati made me do it!), I watched a program on The Discovery Channel the other night called "How It's Made" and one of the things they were covering was plastic bottles & such and how they're recycled for use. What I thought was funny was this: They were using the recycled plastic to - get this - make only recycle bins! Am I the only one that finds that mildly ironic?

LC

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i like a few of the penn and teller stuff, how it just pokes fun at the nuts, like those guys who claimed they were "eating food straight from the earth without using the tools of evil humans"....yet they used plates and cutlery.... and sat at a table on chairs....in a house

frig-tards.

then there was the PETA one, though i knew most of that allready

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I watched the circucision episode yesterday. They claimed that it was Bull**** and that it had no positive functions, and only negative. They stated that uncircumsised guys had better sex.

But Wikipedia lists a number of researches that point that sexual pleasure is either unchanged or slightly better. All of them point towards the fact that the foreskin that cuts off loses some sensory nerves, which helps the circumsised guys in lasting longer since they're not as sensetive. Is THAT not a positive thing?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I watched the circucision episode yesterday. They claimed that it was Bull**** and that it had no positive functions, and only negative. They stated that uncircumsised guys had better sex.
    Yeah, I didn't quite agree with that one. I mean, I guess they're trying to say it would be nice if you had a choice, but since it's done at birth (usually), it's up to the parents - and I guess that's their major complaint.

The question is, better for the man or the woman? If you're uncircumcised, then according to the 'experts' you're more sensitive - which means, you're stamina/duration is going to be much shorter. I fail to see the advantage. I personally don't mind losing some sensation if it allows me to last longer, provide more pleasure to my partner, and allows me to 'share the moment' for longer periods of time. To each his own, I guess.

So much for the 9/11 conspiracy talk.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Yeah, I didn't quite agree with that one. I mean, I guess they're trying to say it would be nice if you had a choice, but since it's done at birth (usually), it's up to the parents - and I guess that's their major complaint.

The question is, better for the man or the woman? If you're uncircumcised, then according to the 'experts' you're more sensitive - which means, you're stamina/duration is going to be much shorter. I fail to see the advantage. I personally don't mind losing some sensation if it allows me to last longer, provide more pleasure to my partner, and allows me to 'share the moment' for longer periods of time. To each his own, I guess.

So much for the 9/11 conspiracy talk.
    Hmmm... But since we're all practicing safe sex with condoms on, how is it any difference circumcised or not?!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    two things a freind of mine said today were real dumb "the explosion was red, but the plane was white" and " where it crashed all that was left was a crater, so wered the plane go?"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    two things a freind of mine said today were real dumb "the explosion was red, but the plane was white" and " where it crashed all that was left was a crater, so wered the plane go?"
    Awesome!

There is of course that amazing clip of a jetplane being flown into a concrete wall and quite literally vapourising into basically dust!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Hmmm... But since we're all practicing safe sex with condoms on, how is it any difference circumcised or not?!
    In the early 90s a lot of people were like "You got laid? Did you wear a rubber? You have to wear a rubber!!!!!"
    Then their girlfriends pregnant
    Sheesh.

My GF's argument for circumcision? One word
    Smegma
    Last edited by coma; 22-Feb-2007 at 05:08 PM.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    Both males and females produce smegma. In males smegma is produced and accumulates under the foreskin; in females it collects around the clitoris and in the folds of the labia minora.
    Its presence is less common and less noticeable in circumcised males.

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    In the early 90s a lot of people were like "You got laid? Did you wear a rubber? You have to wear a rubber!!!!!"
    Then their girlfriends pregnant
    Sheesh.

My GF's argument for circumcision? One word
    Smegma
    The Pill. Just if they are ill, abstinance is the best policy.

As for smegma, well you have to get the flavour from somewhere...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm not practicing safe sex... hell no!

Why?

I've been married for 11 years, and the wifes tubes are tied.

LC