Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forums are ****ing fascists

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

Forums are ****ing fascists

A rant. Just a regular rant. Regarding the internet.

I discovered internet fairly early. I admit, I spent a fair deal of my life infront of it. Probably equally to what others spend infront of the TV (which I rarely, if ever watch). The mere notion of communicating through symbols with people from all over the world is a fantastic one, even though in todays western society it's a luxuary pretty much everyone can afford (and the novelty has worn off). Still, isn't it great?

Throughout my (internet) years I've been frequenting various forums. Never did like chats. Some of these forums were great. Well, at least a handfull of them. Two or three, maybe. But most of them were filled with dickwads, childish idiots and the biggest asshole of them all: The Fascist Admin.

They come in different shapes. But it all starts out the same. You think he sounds like a nice guy. But eventually you see him doing things that are questionable. Such as felling demeaning views on other peoples views, or right out banning people left and right. Your image crumbles, and you find that he's probably just some insecure idiot who takes pleasure in excercising controll.

The biggest ****ing asshole of them all was over at a Star Wars board called "The Gungan Chronicles". The asshole was called Ceel. General Ceel as a matter of fact. Sometimes he was cool, but all the things he did was just so ****ing ****ing bad. A fascist in the true sense of the word. He was right-wing nutjob (most people I don't like tend to be that, but that doesn't mean I hate all right-wingers). He was a diehard christian. He expressed his views vividly and spared no expense at demeaning others. He was sorrounded by his possé of idiots as well, one of which (in an argument I recall well) called people who oppossed the Iraqi-war as "emotionless" and "evil son of a bitches that didn't deserve to live". His reasoning? He saw it as USs God given right to liberate the iraqi people from Saddam Hussein. What a load of bull****. Manifest Destiny, anyone?

The best thing any sensible man could do was to avoid any political discussion with Ceel and his fascist entourage. But it was impossible, seeing as their views often bordered on the extreme that you felt it was your duty to step in and tell them to shut the hell up and open their eyes. This led to banning after banning.

That was a long time ago. After Ceel expressed homophobic sentiments (remember, he fully believed in that part of the bible where it said man shalt not love man, however he didn't really believe that you should stone disobedient children or kill anyone who works on the sabbath, which the bible also states), I told him the truth. I said "Ceel, you're a ****ing homophobe". And he said "Call me homophobe again, and I'll ban you". And then I said "Ceel, you're a ****ing homophobe".

After that I constantly run into fascist stubborn ****s who refuse to accept others views and horde their own ancient or self-centered eurocentric powertrip ideas. If anyone disagrees with this, they instantly go on the offensive. It happened just recently to me over at a forum for Oblivion. It's useless fighting these people. They're never going to change. But I sure as ****ing hell wish that I could just, for one night, take a baseball bat into their homes and crush their fingers so they couldn't type and mess peoples views up anymore.

End of rant. Also pardon my profanity, but as you might have noticed, I do tend to use it alot. Also this rant has nothing to do with this board, because Neil is barely even around...

Kazakhstan
    i hesitate to discuss things like star wars on star wars centric forum, the places are usually full of arseholes and die hard geeks incapable of conversation. hpotd is one of the few places where stuff like that works.

about mod nazis, i think something to bear in mind is the size of the internet, if you dont get on with people on one forum you can always go to another. me and a bunch of people got pissed off with one sci fi forum so we formed a splinter group with our own forum which is now more busy than the one we left.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Administrator

England
    I have to admit i was worried when i saw the title of this topic in the listing lol.

Although we always try to be fair here, people have left becuase of decisions we've made, its never easy to be a admin becuase everything on your forums is down to you.. some people do act like total dickheads so dont get me wrong, im not defending the star wars guys..

The problem with the internet is on a forum, there is no higher authority than a admin, there's no set rules or anything for admins to work to, so its down to each individual person and sometimes, unfortunatly dickheads do get the position.

England
    Thing is those people are also entitled to their views so why should they change?im not saying i agree with them but everybody is entitled to their own take on things,and sometimes people can be too "open minded" as well (which is why an entire generation is out of control in the UK now,as everyone is "open minded" about what kids are allowed to do,so they are stomping all over society not giving a f**k)

Kazakhstan
    yeah you can say what you like, be a nazi or a homophobe, what ever, i agree with that, but banning people for lame reasons and generally being a bully is out of order
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    As has been said here a few times: The internets is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship. The trick is to find a benevolent dictatorship to become a part of.

HPOTD is not so bad, even though the leftist loonies sort of outnumber the rightist loonies (myself being about the only one it seems).

And, BTW, Ned, that mod you dscribe sounds a lot like the situation I ran into when I first joined here. If you remember GrimStories, you know what I'm talking about. If not, imagine the same situation, but here. Funny thing was, he was also a right-wing loony, but he and I never quite saw eye-to-eye on a lot of things, like the homophobia and whatnot.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057 View Post
    As has been said here a few times: The internets is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship.
    Ain't that the goddamn truth. I just can't understand how some people can get off on acting on such a ****ing powertrip when it's bloody obvious that NOBODY likes them. Do they get pleasure out of excercising their harsh views on everyone and calling anyone who disagrees a "****ing idiot"? Then if you say that THEY are a ****ing idiot, they got a reason to ban you. Augh, those idiots.

Strangely enough, I can't think off to many (bad) leftist loonies I've run in too. Probably becuase they view the computer as an evil towards the enviroment and are going Fahrenheit 451 on it whenever they can.

Kazakhstan
    nah this board is definitely more right leaning than left!
    lots of i love guns posts, lots of "vote tory" posts, and next to no one buys any 9/11 conspiracies (not that that's a bad thing).

THE LEISURE HIVE

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Ned, I feel your pain. I'm a southerner. I've been fighting tyranny and oppression for quite some time and have been banned many times on various different forums. I am staunchly against the policies of the neo-con crime syndicate that now sits in our nation's capital. I'm also against the false flag terrorist operations perpetrated by Israel, England and the United States.

Most of the forum heirarchy are establishment types that really don't know any better. They carry on the way they do because critical thinking is alien to them, so they just parrot the same old song and dance on their blogs and forums and such.

All I can say is, never waver when you're in the right, regardless if you're the minority voice or not. If it gets you banned, so be it.

Here's a tip: Don't buy into the right vs. left argument. It's a false paradigm. It's a hoax and a joke and a fraud. This is about right vs. wrong.

Anything contrary to the Bill of Rights is considered null and void. Bear that in mind and you will always have the high ground.
    Last edited by El_Hooligan; 19-Feb-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I have to admit i was worried when i saw the title of this topic in the listing lol.

Although we always try to be fair here, people have left becuase of decisions we've made, its never easy to be a admin becuase everything on your forums is down to you.. some people do act like total dickheads so dont get me wrong, im not defending the star wars guys..

The problem with the internet is on a forum, there is no higher authority than a admin, there's no set rules or anything for admins to work to, so its down to each individual person and sometimes, unfortunatly dickheads do get the position.

I had the same reaction. I was wondering how Andy would react. lol
    I was thinking poor ned is in trouble. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Thing is those people are also entitled to their views so why should they change?im not saying i agree with them but everybody is entitled to their own take on things,and sometimes people can be too "open minded" as well (which is why an entire generation is out of control in the UK now,as everyone is "open minded" about what kids are allowed to do,so they are stomping all over society not giving a f**k)
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    yeah you can say what you like, be a nazi or a homophobe, what ever, i agree with that, but banning people for lame reasons and generally being a bully is out of order
    People are intitled to their views. The hard thing is expressing your views and respecting others even if they have a conflicting view. Sounds like the star wars forum do not promote healthy discussions. Banning people for lame reasons is a joke. If everyone thought the same and had the same views these forums would not be much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057 View Post
    As has been said here a few times: The internets is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship. The trick is to find a benevolent dictatorship to become a part of.

HPOTD is not so bad, even though the leftist loonies sort of outnumber the rightist loonies (myself being about the only one it seems).

And, BTW, Ned, that mod you dscribe sounds a lot like the situation I ran into when I first joined here. If you remember GrimStories, you know what I'm talking about. If not, imagine the same situation, but here. Funny thing was, he was also a right-wing loony, but he and I never quite saw eye-to-eye on a lot of things, like the homophobia and whatnot.
    Ya HPOTD is a rather good place compared to other forums. I feel the mods try to be neutral when it comes to issues, flaming etc... I think Neil has a good head on his shoulders and does well with this place.

Undisclosed
    You speak the truth evilned. Dealing with people who don't agree with you online can be either very frustrating or very hilarious. Everyone's tough when they don't have to face off personally.
    Being one of the old hams here, I know what Arc's talking about. Grimstories was a particularly unsavory character who apparently made it his personal mission to crush anyone who didn't see eye to eye with him, which was pretty much everyone.
    The forums here have been a lot better since.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    man everyone knows the sort right, a while back i frequented a jackass/him/ckuy/viva la bam forum and was made a moderator so i had to deal with these fanboy arguments all the time, the worst i think was some new yorker who was so racist it was obscene, and i doubt youll ever hear me use that word seriously again, he calimed to be "the baddest mutha****a from pimp island (turned out he was like 13 years old) and i was a mod not an admin so i couldnt ban the guy but could clean up some of his posts, which were just insulting people and nothing else actually i think he still does it to this day, i aint been there in a long time, but the point is trolls are everywere.

though actually i know something more annoying, frikkin spambots, y'know those "omg, anal pics follow link" posts and threads started by bots, like why would people ever think thats a good idea, like whos gonna say "well i was talking with the fellow forum members about land of the dead, but free anal pics?!?, im there!"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    Ya HPOTD is a rather good place compared to other forums. I feel the mods try to be neutral when it comes to issues, flaming etc... I think Neil has a good head on his shoulders and does well with this place.
    Trying to say im a bad admin?

United States

Speaking on the 'net ...

I just posted a reply on the 9/11 conspiracy thread . I read it a day or so ago , and thought :" oh crap , another argument .." After a particular amount of deliberation , I stuck out my arm to be severed by a counter-point ... Over all , I should just keep my trap shut , I let things get to me sometimes . Must just move on ... but I cant forget the sacrifice of the innocents & soldiers that are in middle of this "world order " of terror . I consider myself a pragmatist , not leftist or right-wing ...I dont wave any banners .No bumper-sticker thoughts from me . I am not going to respond to hot/ potential fight issues anymore . I have made some friends here , they and I may not agree about everything , but we respect each-others opinions . Thats good forum ...
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Super Moderator

UK
    I think that makes sense DVW, if you feel you can't discuss certain topics without going nuts, then it's best to just step back - that's the sort of adult approach that HPOTD thrives on. There have been times in years past when you get someone come along that just can't hold their tongue to save their lives, and it all gets out-of-hand and it never works out good for the person who couldn't hold their tongue.

You're a good member DVW, glad to have you here!