Thread: Stupid F***ing BSkyB!!!

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

Stupid F***ing BSkyB!!!

Alright, I'm a little pissed off with Sky. Here is why:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...-channels.html

According to a statement from Virgin Media, Sky is to pull its basic channels from the cable operator's platform at the end of the month.

Sky One, Two, Three, News and Sports News will be removed from the Virgin Media service following the breakdown of talks last night. Virgin claimed this morning that Sky were asking for double the previous rate for the cable company to carry the channels.

A statement from Virgin Media this morning said that "following an intensive series of meetings over the last week," it anticipated a withdrawal of these channels by Sky at the end of February.

It went on to say: "The nature of these negotiations leads us to believe that this outcome has been deliberately engineered by Sky in order to suppress competition and coerce Virgin Media's customers into switching to its service by denying them access to the basic channels.

"This view is reinforced by Sky's decision to broadcast, at the height of negotiations on 12 February, a series of promotions claiming that the channels were about to disappear from Virgin Media's network. This was nothing more than a heavy-handed attempt to exert undue influence on the negotiating process."

Commenting on the anticipated withdrawal of Sky's basic channels, Steve Burch, president and chief executive of Virgin Media said: "Sky's behaviour is a heavy handed and anti-competitive response to that challenge and consumer choice has been reduced as a result. I'm pleased, however, that at a time when they're taking content away, Virgin Media is giving people more."
    I'm a Virgin Media customer (They used to be Telewest) and I'm getting very annoyed at the tactics at that Sky taken in order to get their way. Personally, I'm sticking with Virgin Media.

Does anyone else agree that Sky has just picked up the ball and went home?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    *wipes brow*, phew thank god ive got sky digital thought id lost some decent channels then.

'cept sky 3 thats a pile of crap.

Super Moderator

UK
    We have Sky, but I most definitely think they need some proper serious competition, they just keep putting their prices up, but it doesn't get any better, you just get another bloody sh*t magazine from them that you don't read. *grrr*

If we didn't have Sky, I'd barely watch any TV I'm tellin' ya.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah you can find more entertaining stuff on the net nowadays, plus yeah that sky magazine, how piss poor is that, its just a tv guide with more pictures.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    If we didn't have Sky, I'd barely watch any TV I'm tellin' ya.
    Damn straight, I hardly watch any of the regular five channels.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    man i aint watched that purveyour of ultmiate filth itv for like 8 years now, hell the freakin community free channels have better **** on than that excuse for a channel.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    man i aint watched that purveyour of ultmiate filth itv for like 8 years now, hell the freakin community free channels have better **** on than that excuse for a channel.
    £10 a month for 800+ channels in my bedroom?

im quite happy with sky thankyou very much

capncnut
    <capn winks at andy and continues to surf sky in his bedroom>

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    £10 a month for 800+ channels in my bedroom?

im quite happy with sky thankyou very much
    all i can say is
    WOW.
    alot of your stuff their is was to expensive, but thats nice. Is that taxes etc included? Cable here is expensive to begin with and they tack on a buttload of fraudulent fees and taxes
    Then again, it could be 800 channels of s**t on the TV to choose from
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers