Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: £100m Mosque to be built in UK..

England

£100m Mosque to be built in UK..

Slap bang next to the new Olympic stadium,it will hold between 40,000 & 70,000 worshippers
    Sounds to me like its going to be a rather large symbol of dominance over Britain (much the same as the medieval catholic monastrys did,that now lie ruined after people decided they were sick of religious rule).
    The Nazis loved to use architecture to symbolise their power and i think the muslims are now attempting similar things with this plan.Its not that i begrudge them a place of worship,but bloody hell 100 million pounds and holds 70,000! i find that a pretty scary thought!
    Theres a petition for it here,but for some reason 60% agree it should be there,not sure where those figures came from as everyone ive spoken to is horrified by it!
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/poll/p...o?answer=33794

And heres a petition to try and stop the government allowing it to be built,not that they will take any notice but its worth a shot!
    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ScrapMegaMosque/
    Last edited by Tricky; 23-Feb-2007 at 05:22 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I can't even imagine a mosque that big. But a building is just a building, that's all. A symbol of power, perhaps, but the novelty of it will wear off eventually.

There's lots of non-christian poles, even though Poland is riddled with extremely pompus churches. Or cathedrals, rather.

Kazakhstan
    erm...why is it a bad thing?

it's a bit excessive, but it's their money...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

England
    Yeah it is their money,but its on British soil,a huge symbol of islamic power,money & influence,and a step closer to the sharia law they want.I bet if Cof E wanted planning permission for a church that size it wouldnt happen

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Slap bang next to the new Olympic stadium,it will hold between 40,000 & 70,000 worshippers
    Sounds to me like its going to be a rather large symbol of dominance over Britain (much the same as the medieval catholic monastrys did,that now lie ruined after people decided they were sick of religious rule).
    The Nazis loved to use architecture to symbolise their power and i think the muslims are now attempting similar things with this plan.Its not that i begrudge them a place of worship,but bloody hell 100 million pounds and holds 70,000! i find that a pretty scary thought!
    Theres a petition for it here,but for some reason 60% agree it should be there,not sure where those figures came from as everyone ive spoken to is horrified by it!
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/poll/p...o?answer=33794

And heres a petition to try and stop the government allowing it to be built,not that they will take any notice but its worth a shot!
    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ScrapMegaMosque/
    You guys are screwed, we'll send troops when they act out. I can see them filling the place full of bombs and waiting till the neihbor is at full attendance.

Or like the place in Texas where they build a church and asked the neihbor to leave because it was a pig farm. Political corectness and liberilsm will be the death of many.
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

Kazakhstan
    lol sorry mate, islam leaves a bad taste in my mouth too, but i do not see how a big building is a step closer to the creation of a fundamentalist islamic state in britain, the muslims make up less than 7% of the population. a coup detat or landslide election for an imam just aint gonna happen.

western culture is too seductive, most muslim kids i know listen to hip hop or heavy metal and get drunk, stoned and laid just like the rest of us. in a few years active muslims will be even more of a minority, just like christians are becoming now.

in a decade or so the place will be a nightclub or something, like the church on st christophers hill in brixton...

personally id be more worried about the construction of a huge sports venue near my home. id rather have 70000 religious freaks on the streets than 70000 pissed up sports fans...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I agree with Liam. All they are building is a future landmark.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    personally id be more worried about the construction of a huge sports venue near my home. id rather have 70000 religious freaks on the streets than 70000 pissed up sports fans...
    What about 70,000 pissed off religious freaks....?....

I guess the only thing to do is start pretending ot be part of the crowd....blend in....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    What about 70,000 pissed off religious freaks....?....

I guess the only thing to do is start pretending ot be part of the crowd....blend in....
    How often do you see people leaving the church/mosque being pissed?

And how often do you see people leaving the sports stadium pissed (as in angry... but usually both)?

There.

Undisclosed
    Great. So they can go pray, nip across the road and bomb the **** out of the olympics.

Out of interest, just what is the capacity of the biggest church in this country?

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post

And how often do you see people leaving the sports stadium pissed (as in angry... but usually both)?

There.
    exactly. i grew up in a predominantly muslim area, and ill tell you, i never got beat on/heckled till i moved to a predominantly white area

yer a bunch of closet racists, but i love ya

THE LEISURE HIVE

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I guess it would depend on the sermon.....
    Much like how a sporting event depends on the outcome...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

capncnut
    I'm not particularly happy that it's being built but at the end of the day, it's just a building.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I guess it would depend on the sermon.....
    Much like how a sporting event depends on the outcome...
    No, it doesn't depend on the sermon. Because religious people are a pretty jolly bunch. Sport fans are not.

Kazakhstan
    indeed. muslims are people just like the rest of us, a mostly amiable bunch with a few bad eggs.
    it amazes me that with all the ID theft, drug addicts, gangs of chavs looking for innocent people to beat up/happy slap, drunk drivers, football hooligans, psycho hen night women, paedophiles and murderers on the streets, people are more scared of a bunch of teetotallers who spend most of their time thanking god for the beauty of the world that surrounds them...

power of the media, i guess!

THE LEISURE HIVE