Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nobody disses Jack Palance, foo'!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

Nobody disses Jack Palance, foo'!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6382673.stm

"Jack Palance was voted most unworthy of best actor or best supporting actor glory, after picking up the Oscar for his supporting performance in 1991 Western movie City Slickers."

What the ****? Jack Palance was a kick ass actor!

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post

"Jack Palance was voted most unworthy of best actor or best supporting actor glory, after picking up the Oscar for his supporting performance in 1991 Western movie City Slickers."

i agree Jack Palance was a hell of an actor and one mean old son of a b!tch.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

United States
    Jack Palance was great, however I in no way enjoyed City Slickers. I think I am a minority on that though
    so I would agree he didint deserve it for that particular film
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    But the Oscars are all about bull****! Return of the King didn't deserve a single Oscar, yet it got 11. You can agree that it was entertaining, but few would say that it was the BEST film of 2004 (or whatever year it's from). It's not THAT good. They even gave it an Oscar for Best Original Score, even though the previous two films features the exact SAME score, thus it wasn't very Original, was it?

Anyway, the point is that ROTK got the oscars because people at the academy felt it was about time they shared some love with that trilogy. If people don't have any problems with that, how can they have a problem with Jack Palance getting an Oscar for being so damn cool?

United States
    But the Oscars are all about bull****! Return of the King didn't deserve a single Oscar, yet it got 11. You can agree that it was entertaining, but few would say that it was the BEST film of 2004 (or whatever year it's from). It's not THAT good. They even gave it an Oscar for Best Original Score, even though the previous two films features the exact SAME score, thus it wasn't very Original, was it?

Anyway, the point is that ROTK got the oscars because people at the academy felt it was about time they shared some love with that trilogy. If people don't have any problems with that, how can they have a problem with Jack Palance getting an Oscar for being so damn cool?
    I lost all interest in awards after that Milli Vanilli thing and not for the reasons most give. If the SONG won, the public face of the song shouldnt matter. They should have just tranferred to the actual performers. Ordinary People beat raging Bull. And DOTD was the best film of 1979 goddammit

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Kazakhstan
    f*** the academy. means about as much to me as the brit awards or the grammies.

fresh
    antonias line
    city of god
    american splendor
    la haine
    dobermann
    dawn of the dead
    children of men

did any of these films pick up oscars? nope. but are they better than chicago, titanic, etc? hell yes.

hence academy = w*nk.
    Last edited by _liam_; 23-Feb-2007 at 09:57 PM.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Banned User

United States

Yes, agreed jack was awesome! i wish he was still alive.

I loved the trilogy when it first came out. It amazes me that it was so good given half the actors can not act outside the trilogy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^ "orlando bloom, spill in aisle three, bloom spill in aisle three..."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    f*** the academy. means about as much to me as the brit awards or the grammies.

fresh
    antonias line
    city of god
    american splendor
    la haine
    dobermann
    dawn of the dead
    children of men

did any of these films pick up oscars? nope. but are they better than chicago, titanic, etc? hell yes.

hence academy = w*nk.
    fresh
    city of god
    american splendor
    la haine
    dawn of the dead
    Every one of those is excellent
    Fresh is one of the best and an early Sam Jackson film too.
    City of God was so good in everyway. Not to mention a unique look into Brazils Shanty towns. The filmmaker was from the City Of God.
    American Splendor is a total masterpiece. Literally the comic come to life.
    Juice was a great movie. Not like Fresh, but I never hear it mentioned anywhere.
    LaHaine was really original. I liked how the Jewish Kid was the nutjob, the Arab was the Pimp and the black kid was smart and reasonable. Flipped the hood movie on its head. How a gun was a rare find was a great look into another cultures norms
    I ahve posted 500 times on DOTDs greatness already

Didnt see the others I didnt list

Titanic and Chicago were both totally wack. When I saw Titanic I had been drinking Scottish Ale. I fell asleep and woke up for when the boat starts to sink. A great 1/2 hour. The rest? who cares

Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    Yes, agreed jack was awesome! i wish he was still alive.

I loved the trilogy when it first came out. It amazes me that it was so good given half the actors can not act outside the trilogy.
    I dont know, Frodo was kick ass in green street hooligans. I thought Samwise was great. I loved LOTR trilogy. All of em to different degrees.
    Yeah I forgot everybodies real names
    Last edited by coma; 23-Feb-2007 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Jack Palance was a f**king legend.

Kazakhstan
    amazing to see someone else likes "fresh". i have been a media student/practitioner for 5 years and ive met FIVE people who've seen that movie.

everyone, if you havent seen it, give it a whirl, if you like emotional dramas and hood movies, you will dig this movie, i guarantee...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    amazing to see someone else likes "fresh". i have been a media student/practitioner for 5 years and ive met FIVE people who've seen that movie.

everyone, if you havent seen it, give it a whirl, if you like emotional dramas and hood movies, you will dig this movie, i guarantee...
    "what do you have to offer my organization?"
    "Yo, I bust out ALL them Dope Moves!"
    "Shut up, Chucky!"

To me its not a hood movie cause its not about the hood. Its about Fresh, his Dad, Chucky and the stupidity of man. About how it takes brains to survive not idiot profiling.
    I think Fresh is a masterpiece. The writing is rarely matched ans that kid is a top notch actor. Truly gifted.
    Chucky was awesome. I knew a sh!tload of kids like that growing up.
    There is not one wrong note in that movie.
    Yeah, you had a great list there. We like the same things.

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

Germany
    Jack is dead and he can still kick the ass of the punks that voted him most unworthy.

United States
    Dis Jack Palance? NEVER!!!
    He was one of my fav horror actors of all time right up there with Boris Karloff, VINCENT PRICE, Bela Lagosi, the list goes on and on!
    I loved Jack Palance when he played a vampire he was a very good blood sucking fiend! LOL

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    I loved Jack Palance when he played a vampire he was a very good blood sucking fiend!
    I have a vague recollection of that. What movie was it?