Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nobody disses Jack Palance, foo'!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I have a vague recollection of that. What movie was it?
    Dracula...1974..Dan Curtis is the director!
    Dan Curtis also was the creator of the series from the 60's "Dark Shadows" here in the USA!
    That reminds me I havent watched that series in awhile hubby and I used to watch it every night on vhs tapes. Its a good series it starts out slow cause they didnt bring the supernatural in it til later whey they brought Barnabas Collins the vampire in the series.
    Vampires and zombies ya I love em' both!

capncnut
    Dark Shadows was great as a kid.

Super Moderator

United States
    Jack Palance was cool, but I didn't see much talent in his acting.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    amazing to see someone else likes "fresh". i have been a media student/practitioner for 5 years and ive met FIVE people who've seen that movie.

everyone, if you havent seen it, give it a whirl, if you like emotional dramas and hood movies, you will dig this movie, i guarantee...

Fresh has Samuel L. Jackson in it correct? He was this street wise chess player whom tried to mentor this kid to keep him from being a thung right?

I hope it is the same movie I am thinking of, if it is, that was a kick ass movie.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Fresh has Samuel L. Jackson in it correct? He was this street wise chess player whom tried to mentor this kid to keep him from being a thung right?

I hope it is the same movie I am thinking of, if it is, that was a kick ass movie.
    Sam was his father who lived in a trailer in Brooklyn on an abandoned lot. Practically homeless. He wasnt trying to show Fresh anything but how to play Chess. Fresh used to strategy of chess to extricate him for a tough situation.
    His father was also a world class chess player and a speed chess champ, at least in The park.

Yes, Fresh was excellent.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers