Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate GAR quiz

Administrator

England

Question The Ultimate GAR quiz

One person posts a question, next person answers it and posts the next question, and so on.

Simple.

I'll start, Name the members of the Image 10 group that made NOTLD.

capncnut
    George A. Romero, John Russo, Russell Streiner, Karl Hardman and Marilyn Eastman.

Okay, name the make and model of the car used in the mall from Dawn of the Dead.
    Last edited by capncnut; 24-Feb-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Banned User

United States
    I am pretty darn sure it was a Chevrolet Chevette Hatchback. The reason I think so is I just watched the clip and it looks exactly like the car I was riding in when I was in a car pileup accident in the 70's that ironically happened right in front of that mall. That is if your referring to the car they drove inside the mall. If I am wrong skip my question.

My question is Tom Savini played more than one role in Dawn of the dead. How many characters did he play?
    Last edited by HLS; 24-Feb-2007 at 08:45 PM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    I am pretty darn sure it was a Chevrolet Chevette Hatchback. The reason I think so is I just watched the clip and it looks exactly like the car I was riding in when I was in a car pileup accident in the 70's that ironically happened right in front of that mall. That is if your referring to the car they drove inside the mall. If I am wrong skip my question.
    Yes, it is the car they drive in the mall but no, wrong answer.

My question is Tom Savini played more than one role in Dawn of the dead. How many characters did he play?
    Tom Savini only played one character in Dawn and that was Blades, all the others were stunts only.

Anyhoo, name the make and model of the car used in the mall from Dawn of the Dead.
    Last edited by capncnut; 24-Feb-2007 at 09:05 PM.

United States
    Anyhoo, name the make and model of the car used in the mall from Dawn of the Dead.
    Volkswagen Scirocco

What is the name of the airport featured in Dawn of the Dead?
    Last edited by Eyebiter; 25-Feb-2007 at 05:15 PM.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Yes, it is the car they drive in the mall but no, wrong answer.

Tom Savini only played one character in Dawn and that was Blades, all the others were stunts only.

Well i may be mistaken but did not he play a character in the beginning that got shot dead. At that scene at the apartments then when ithe bikers invaded the mall he played one or more of the biker parts. I did not think of it as him just doing stunts. it looked like he was doing more than one role. in general if someone is just doing a stunt you can not obviously tell who the person doing the stunt is.

capncnut
    Well i may be mistaken but did not he play a character in the beginning that got shot dead. At that scene at the apartments then when ithe bikers invaded the mall he played one or more of the biker parts. I did not think of it as him just doing stunts. it looked like he was doing more than one role. in general if someone is just doing a stunt you can not obviously tell who the person doing the stunt is.
    He only played one role and that was Blades, everything else was either a stunt or a zombie getting it's head blown off. He wasn't even in the apartments at the beginning.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    What is the name of the airport featured in Dawn of the Dead?
    The Monroeville Airport

What is the actors name who kills Ben in the original Night of the Living Dead?

Undisclosed
    Vince Survinsky

Name every film John Amplas has worked on as an actor with Romero.

United States
    Name every film John Amplas has worked on as an actor with Romero.
    Day of the Dead (1985) Creepshow (1982) Knightriders (1981) Dawn of the Dead (1978) Martin (1977)

Where was George Romero born?

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    New York City.

What Stephen King novel was Romero supposed to direct for a theatrical release but later left the project and the film was made for TV broadcasting?

capncnut
    Salem's Lot.

Double barrelled question here. What was the name of the 34 year old film student who was allowed onto the set of Dawn of the Dead to make his own film, Document of the Dead. Also, name his most well known movie that was made in 1987 and deals with a bunch of Brooklyn winos and a new drink called Tenafly Viper.
    Last edited by capncnut; 26-Feb-2007 at 05:47 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    What Stephen King novel was Romero supposed to direct for a theatrical release but later left the project and the film was made for TV broadcasting?
    The Stand

United States
    Salem's Lot.

Double barrelled question here. What was the name of the 34 year old film student who was allowed onto the set of Dawn of the Dead to make his own film, Document of the Dead. Also, name his most well known movie that was made in 1987 and deals with a bunch of Brooklyn winos and a new drink called Tenafly Viper.
    Roy Frumkes (spell?)
    Street Trash

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Where was George Romero born?
    More specifically. The Bronx.
    I would like to know what neighborhood he lived in, But I have never see it anywhere.

Whats Roger's last name?
    Last edited by coma; 26-Feb-2007 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Salem's Lot.
    What was the name of the 34 year old film student who was allowed onto the set of Dawn of the Dead to make his own film, Document of the Dead. Also, name his most well known movie that was made in 1987 and deals with a bunch of Brooklyn winos and a new drink called Tenafly Viper.
    Roy Frumkes. Don't know the other thing...