Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got to love James Cameron! Now he's sinking Christianity!

United States
    Pope John Paul published an edict that basically said
    "If you try and pretty much succeed at being a good person, it doesnt matter that you have a different religion, no religion or have sinned a bit, we beileve there is a place in heaven for you"
    Thats so reasonable, its hard to believe a pope (or any religious leader) said it
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    JC vs JC...whoever wins...a huge following is disappointed

a feel some photoshop comin on...
    or at least a smash bro.s parody

Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Pope John Paul published an edict that basically said
    "If you try and pretty much succeed at being a good person, it doesnt matter that you have a different religion, no religion or have sinned a bit, we beileve there is a place in heaven for you"
    Thats so reasonable, its hard to believe a pope (or any religious leader) said it
    yeah but i played the poke'mon games and he said they were demoic, so im screwed
    Last edited by Danny; 26-Feb-2007 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    or at least a smash bro.s parody

yeah but i played the poke'mon games and he said they were demoic, so im screwed
    Totally screwed!
    He pretty much caught up to with what many Catholics were saying anyway.
    I was raised Catholic and never once heard
    "Icant do that becasue the pope says..."
    Catholic School girls take some convincing, but after that they are filthy, filthy girls! Gotta love those skirts!
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    Boy, you are putting me through my paces lol, ok...
    I know that sin can not be in the presence of God!
    Hitler..Hitler had choices he could been born in the middle of Rome and still been who he was who knows? The choices he himself made in life made him who he was he wanted the power that he craved. You can see that he had a whole nation following him with his hate of one race! Do you really think he would have been a priest? I dont! It's all about the choices man makes for themselves! Freewill!
    But if a car had run him down at the age of one, he would have had his golden ticket to heaven... That wouldn't be much free will...

Regarding free will... Let's take an extreme example... What about all the children of Sawney Beane. They were all murderers and cannibals... That's the way they were brought up! So, did they go to hell for the murdering, cannabalism, and incest? If they did, hardly seems fair as they had no choice! If not, then again, why did they get a golden ticket?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    I know what your saying Neil but you want answers from a law that doesn't exist. A christian would probably say <emulates posh accent>, "Yes, of course Sawney Beane's children went to heaven because they had no choice in the matter. God is not totally without compassion, you know." But it's okay for Him to take away a father of [number undisclosed] because he was gay. This is why I think it's a load of old hokum. So many contradictory laws and beliefs that it makes me laugh out loud.

No dinosaurs ever walked the Earth according to the christian bible? But we have fossils of the creatures right here in the Natural History Museum. Why aren't they mentioned in the bible or at least hinted at? Because the first ever dinosaur skeleton was an accidental find. Nobody went looking for bones or fossils in biblical times because the people of Earth had no idea that anything lived before them.

God is full of love? Read the book of Revelation and you'll see how lovey-dovey He is. Cut to a big fanfare and thousands of angels descending from the sky (subtle, would probably scare 95% of the human race to death but oh well). They pour vials of liquid into the water and kill the ocean life, same with the forest and then the cities. Everything God deems worthy shall be taken up to heaven and all the non believers (and gays probably) get stuck on Earth and live the rest of their life on a dying planet until God decides to end it permanently. Nice.
    Last edited by capncnut; 26-Feb-2007 at 09:45 PM.

Undisclosed
    As usual with all things, religion is polarized: between mono and polytheism. One of those sees things as they really are. The other one is the total opposite > shut off your brain and wait for death. Jesus was a pedophile. Pagan gods are symbolic of natural forces > nature is god.

Some of you are near dead on about it. The contradictory and insane nature of Middle Eastern religion is a fair characterization. And this sounds good:
    we are all like a bunch of programs on a computer, programs that function well follow his rules and go to heaven, those that dont go to the hell recycle bin.
    except you can't have programs that work without programs that fail. Both must exist. Like that yin and yang thing, I bet every sane culture has a symbol for that. It's heaven and hell, oh well. Fool, fool. (hail DIO)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    No dinosaurs ever walked the Earth according to the christian bible? But we have fossils of the creatures right here in the Natural History Museum. Why aren't they mentioned in the bible or at least hinted at? Because the first ever dinosaur skeleton was an accidental find. Nobody went looking for bones or fossils in biblical times because the people of Earth had no idea that anything lived before them.
    funny thing about a guy in my film class who isnt just a normal average joe who happens to be christian, he's that rare crazy zealot uber christian who ran out the room hiding his face with a bible praying when the teacher put on brokeback mountain and cried at the end of the passion.

i asked him about dinosaurs and this was his response *wipes tear of laughterous joy from his eye*

"there not die-na-swoars, they didnt exist, there just dragons that were found and put together wrong"

capncnut
    I think he was put together wrong, if you ask my opinion.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    were a non uniform college but he dresses like full on 1950's/ amish style, that's just creepy, like adams family creepy.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    But if a car had run him down at the age of one, he would have had his golden ticket to heaven... That wouldn't be much free will...

Regarding free will... Let's take an extreme example... What about all the children of Sawney Beane. They were all murderers and cannibals... That's the way they were brought up! So, did they go to hell for the murdering, cannabalism, and incest? If they did, hardly seems fair as they had no choice! If not, then again, why did they get a golden ticket?
    Neil, I dont have the answers I am not God ...my beliefs are very simple!
    I believe in the Bible and everything in it the answers you want are there I am by know means a scholar and do not pretend to be one! I have faith and believing what the Bible says and that is what I stand on to be true and always will til my dying day and through to eternity!
    No matter what I will follow the Bible's teachings...love thy neighbor as thy self and everything else in it!
    Whatever you all believe in is fine for you I am not a freak that will cram my religion down your throat. You make You make it clear you do not believe which is your own freewill!

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I think he was put together wrong, if you ask my opinion.
    "aint it funny how people who dont believe in evolution...look unevolved"

erm no offence btw debs, i dunno if youre a fundamentalist or not, but i respect anyone who is at peace with their beliefs
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Banned User

United States
    Well I am christian but I am not a bible thumper. I believe in god and jesus but I do not believe evey word in the bible as truth.

United States

errr......but liam we do have a cure for them

Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    yeh its full of holes.

the way i see it anyone who kills or rapes has some sort of mental problem brought on by their environment & upbringing.

i'm not saying they shouldnt be punished, these individuals need to be isolated from society because we currently lack the technology to cure them, but all the same, technically it's not their fault, i dont think anyone *chooses* to be a nutter psycho and be totally cast out from society, so where's the fairness in judging them?

it's like the way homosexuality is a damnation worthy sin. they dont choose to be gay...its just the way they turn out! studies show that women who are under stress while pregnant are more likely to give birth to a child with homosexual tendencies... so why the hell should the individual be punished for something that is a product of circumstance?!

we call them bullets.
    good...bad.....im the one with the gun.

David says:
    think they covered Wolverine's pecker in that crap?
    loshermanodeloso@hotmail.com says:
    well ofcourse
    David says:
    guy gets a hard on and the last thing the bitch hears is SNIKT?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    Neil, I dont have the answers I am not God ...my beliefs are very simple!
    I believe in the Bible and everything in it the answers you want are there I am by know means a scholar and do not pretend to be one! I have faith and believing what the Bible says and that is what I stand on to be true and always will til my dying day and through to eternity!
    No matter what I will follow the Bible's teachings...love thy neighbor as thy self and everything else in it!
    Whatever you all believe in is fine for you I am not a freak that will cram my religion down your throat. You make You make it clear you do not believe which is your own freewill!
    I envy your belief; that the end is not indeed the end... That everyone I meet and know and love in this life will not disappear in a few fast years...

But unfortunately the mind God gave me is a logical one, and I cannot help but percieve that a perfect-being has created a system that is so far from perfect, that I question how he could even exist...

ps: Why doesn't God just appear to everyone and say "Hi!"... Rather than a select few...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    I suffer from OCD quite badly at times,and on a help forum someone told me i should "turn to the bible and love god and all my problems shall be healed"
    Another said that OCD is punishment for actions in a past life
    Absolute utter crap,and people actually believe in this stuff?