Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oscars

Undisclosed

Oscars

I thought that the right nominees pretty much one. The Departed for Best Picture, Scorsese for Directing,etc. But I thought Pans Labyrinth was robbed for Best Foreign Film. That was a great and powerful film. And I'd have liked to see Peter O' Toole win for Best Actor, But I think Forest Whitaker was the best choice. Any other comments?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah forest whitaker got a bafta too for his role in the alst king of scotland, he's a way underated actor and he's got some major talent, too bad about pans labyrinth but the departed?, best picture?, bloody hell fire there was so many better films to choose from, children of men should have got it in my opinion.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think Ridley Scotts the Duellists should have won best picture this year.

Undisclosed
    The Departed is the best Crime movie since Goodfellas. That was one movie where i didn't mind if it was 3 hours long. it takes a brilliant film to do that. Usually in most movies I'm ready to get it over with and make my verdict on if it sucked or not. lol

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    oh i thought is was that ghost one with the gal who played buffy in it. my bad.

Undisclosed
    lol. yeah right. like the Oscars would ever recognize a horror movie. silly... I do hate how biased the Oscars are against Comedies and Horror films. Its always lame movies about a crack headed lesbian nazi hooker ubducted by aliens and forced into a weigh-loss program or some ****. lol

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was just pissed that I had to stay up until 12:15 in the morning to see Scorsese win the award that he should've received many, many years ago.

I was also really dissapointed with "Children of Men" not winning for Best Cinematography.

Next year i'm just going to record the Oscars so I can watch them the next day and fast forward through all the garbage. More than four hours for ANY awards ceremony is ridiculous....

capncnut
    I never watch the Oscars because I think it's a load of cheesy, overblown, up-it's-own-arse tripe. Nothing I want to win ever wins so I've decided that it's pointless to even bother with it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah all it is now is what frikkin' clothes there wearin' so the nutjobs who watch "e!" (*shudders*) can having something to talk about in there boring ass lives.

Kazakhstan
    made me feelings on this farce clear. but did children of men win ANYTHING???
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    How can we take the Oscars seriously when they give awards to dingbats like Al Gore for his wonderfully ficticious movie full of more bullsh*t than a field of cows?

I was, however, very pleased to hear that Scorsese got his award... finally. If you're gonna give an award to someone, make sure they deserve it - and he was one that deserved it.

Reminds me a bit of Joe Satriani and the Grammy's. He's been nominated 14 times and hasn't won once.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 27-Feb-2007 at 03:49 PM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    movies about a crack headed lesbian nazi hooker ubducted by aliens and forced into a weigh-loss program
    FFS! How many times can they use this tired old story!!!!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    How can we take the Oscars seriously when they give awards to dingbats like Al Gore for his wonderfully ficticious movie full of more bullsh*t than a field of cows?

I was, however, very pleased to hear that Scorsese got his award... finally. If you're gonna give an award to someone, make sure they deserve it - and he was one that deserved it.

Reminds me a bit of Joe Satriani and the Grammy's. He's been nominated 14 times and hasn't one once.

How could you ignore the fact that we are destroying the Earth and this man is trying to prevent it? Thats pretty rediculous to try and say that Global Warming is just the creation of Al Gore's mind.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    How could you ignore the fact that we are destroying the Earth and this man is trying to prevent it? Thats pretty rediculous to try and say that Global Warming is just the creation of Al Gore's mind.
    I'm not ignoring it, but I refuse to be fed made up facts by Gore and accept them as the truth.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They are truth. He has scientists and data to back up his claims. Remember you don't have to be right as long as you argue correctly. He argued correctly and won himself an Oscar.

Gore for President 2008
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*