Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, they're remaking Scanners

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    How long till they remake "The Godfather"!
    Actually Neil, funny you should say that 'cos... j/k.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    How long till they remake "The Godfather" !!
    I think EVERYONE on the face of this planet would know that is a bad idea. Even these dumb teenagers that gobble up this remake fad would surely know that "The Godfather" is sacred ground.

.....or would they?

Kazakhstan
    they really wouldnt. they dont know sh!t. things people my age had said to me;

"did you know the idea for big brother came from a book?"
    "there was a mission impossible tv series?!?"
    "what do you mean there's an older dawn of the dead?"

idiots i mean all they did was sit around watching tv & movies, youd think they be pretty well versed...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Even these dumb teenagers that gobble up this remake fad would surely know that "The Godfather" is sacred ground.
    Dawn was sacred ground as far as I was concerned but did that stop them? No. It's only a matter of time until these Hollywood pirates get around to remaking it. Nothing is sacred. There's even talk of the next Bond movie being a remake.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    "there was a mission impossible tv series?!?"
    UGH. This recently happened to me. We were watching Rivers Edge (awesome movie with metalheads and an amazing Crispin Glover performance) and there's a scene in which Keanu Reeves hums the Mission Impossible theme. All of my friends looked at each other in utter confusion:

Them - "Wait............what? This movie's from the 80s....."
    Me - "Yeah, so?"
    Them - "Mission Impossible wasn't made until like the late 90s..... What the fark?!?!?!"
    Me - "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mission Impossible is an old TV show from the 60s......"
    Them - "It IS?!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    UGH. This recently happened to me. We were watching Rivers Edge (awesome movie with metalheads and an amazing Crispin Glover performance) and there's a scene in which Keanu Reeves hums the Mission Impossible theme. All of my friends looked at each other in utter confusion:

Them - "Wait............what? This movie's from the 80s....."
    Me - "Yeah, so?"
    Them - "Mission Impossible wasn't made until like the late 90s..... What the fark?!?!?!"
    Me - "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mission Impossible is an old TV show from the 60s......"
    Them - "It IS?!"

well, most people ARE stupid.and willfully so.

Rivers Edge is an incredibly good film. It was really important to me and my friends back then cause it was the only movie we ever saw that reflected our lives. Broke, stoned, and stupidly violent. They also dressed really similar to us. That is a better reflection of the actual 80s than Less than zero , a million wedding singers or any of those dumb retro movies. My woeld had no relation to Ferris Bueller or any of those odes to the mystical qualities and insignificant problems of the upper classes. Plus it had slayer, if I remember right.
    I dont care what movies it is, iwhen Crispin Glovers on, its great.
    Plus it was the return of Dennis Hopper and probably his best role.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Indeed, River's Edge is a brilliant movie.

Super Moderator

UK
    Just imagine it ... The Godfather ... remade ... with black gangsta rap "artists" dripping from the scenery like ... like something really drippy.

"I'm The Godfather, BITCH!" it'd be called ... and Ja Rule would be the man himself, only instead of chasing a kid around with an orange in his mouth, it'd be a bag of coke he's sucking on slowly turning him into a crazed monster-man who goes chasing underpriveleged kids around his crack-infested 'hood'.

Then xZibit will join Snoop Dogg and the other sorts to go gangbanging around for 89 minutes until a heavy-on-the-bass, specially made hippity hop track rounds it all off.

If "they" would seriously consider re-releasing Scarface with a hippity-hop track and not consider it sacrilege, then The G-Man better run and hide ... thank heaven's DePalma said "are you f*ckin' retarded?!" to that damn idea!

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Just imagine it ... The Godfather ... remade ... with black gangsta rap "artists" dripping from the scenery like ... like something really drippy.

"I'm The Godfather, BITCH!" it'd be called ... and Ja Rule would be the man himself, only instead of chasing a kid around with an orange in his mouth, it'd be a bag of coke he's sucking on slowly turning him into a crazed monster-man who goes chasing underpriveleged kids around his crack-infested 'hood'.

Then xZibit will join Snoop Dogg and the other sorts to go gangbanging around for 89 minutes until a heavy-on-the-bass, specially made hippity hop track rounds it all off.

"Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

UK
    See what I mean!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Plus it had slayer, if I remember right.
    Not just Slayer. Also had Fates Warning and Hallows Eve!

Undisclosed
    Jesus f-ing Christ in a side car!

What next? What classic movie will they juggle around, fornicate on, swallo whole and vomit up?

If you have to remake a film, why not dip into the old silent movie vault and grab one like Metropolis or The Cabinet of Dr Caligari? Something that might actually be interesting to see a remake of nearly a century later.

Kazakhstan
    they did a metropolis anime (which i STILL havent seen), looks interesting...

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Not just Slayer. Also had Fates Warning and Hallows Eve!
    yeah, that flick kicked ass in every possible way. It was the height of Just say No Reagan era assholeness. I cannot overstate the complete uniquenes of that film and its impact on me. At the time it was seemingly forbidden to show burnouts (thats what we were called. Dont know what the youngsters call them now. That and dirtbags. Grrrr, hate that one) like real people instead of reefer madness crazed monsters. I'm sorry. as someone who was actually there, I hated the f**king 80s. Its like the great depression. Looks cool in movies but it sucked to be there.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    they did a metropolis anime (which i STILL havent seen), looks interesting...
    Oh it is...

Anyway, with all of the talk about remakes floating about, a question rises to the surface: What film do you think should be remade?