Thread: your best **** of '06

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

your best **** of '06

a little bit alte but what was your favourite things of 2006, a little look back on a pretty boring year on the whole.

i figureit should be

favourite; tv show, movie, video game, videogame character, book, album,comic book, and story in the news, though i reckon you guys can add a few categorys of your own.
    as usual ill go first, to set how wierd it could be, though i reckon that will be quickly outdone.

tv show: i reckon a lot of people are gonna say lost but im gonna have to say either mythbusters or american chopper, cus there the only things i watch on the edu-ma-cational channels on that thar' sat-e-lyte-tee-vee.
    movie: i didnt go to see anything last year so i think im gonna have to give my vote to an early '07 film, which would be hot fuzz
    video game: gears and oblivion are good, but like mz with stalker im flaming for guitar hero
    videogame character: its gotta be the merchant from resident evil 4, that guys frikkin' awesome.
    book: definatly stephen kings dark tower series which i read through like november, great novel series i can really recommend
    comic book: my vote goes to mmarvels civil war comics series, way more interesting than that house of m thing
    album: well i only bought one cd last year so thats gotta be it, which is HIM's dark light
    story in the news: that'd have to be the whole jade goody apologizing to india thing, which i think she did again recently, just imagine being some indian dude watching tv thinking "wtf is going on?"

United States
    dangit I thought you said best "fLuck" -L

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    dangit I thought you said best "fLuck" -L
    yeah right, i had a yomama joke all cued and ready...

tv show - doctor who
    film - children of men
    comic - that weird metallica biography i found
    video game - goldeneye 007, bitches
    video game character - the bunnies from that rayman wii game
    book - england's dreaming
    album - morbid angel - domination
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ah snap dr.wo yeah good point there forgot that one.

isnt the new series due out soon?

Kazakhstan
    a month and a bit... cant wait...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

UK
    tv show - 24
    film - Clerks 2
    comic - Tales From The Clerks
    video game - Hitman: Blood Money
    video game character - Agent 47 ... or Sam Fisher
    book - "Haunted" by Chuck Palahniuk (arse end of 2005 technically), or "Silent Bob Speaks", which I read in 2006
    album - Mogwai (forget the name of it, but their latest)

capncnut
    TV show - Doctor Who
    Film - Children of Men
    Album - The Mars Volta - Meccamputechture
    Book - Nando Parrado - Miracle of the Andes
    Videogame - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

United States

Best of 06 ...

TV : Rescue Me , the acting and the writing just awesome ...
    Game : Black & Half Life 2 ( I am aware HL2 came out like a a year b4 , Black just has some realistic elements that dont wear thin for my 20 bucks )
    Love : Met the hottest woman & were getting married 3/16 ... She melts my heart .
    Music : Allan Holdsworth , live at the Birchmere in Arlington VA last June.
    Thats it ... All I can think of for now . Oh I forgot , this site , I found it last Aug doing a google search for George Romero and Have been hooked ever since ... HPotD is elementally cool .
    Last edited by DVW5150; 02-Mar-2007 at 09:46 PM.
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United States
    favourite;

tv show - Eureka

movie - Snakes on a Plane. Sure it was a b movie overhyped on the internet before hand. But for once a hollywood movie delivered exactly as advertised.

video game - Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday. WW2 grand strategy game that allows you to play as any nation in the conflict. Several mods keeping the game alive.

videogame character - Not exactly a favorite here. I've never watched the Naruto cartoon, played a game, or read the comic book. Only exposure is through reviews on X-Play. From what I've seen that little bastard is so annoying that he won't soon be forgotten. BELIEVE IT!

book - Shattered Sword: The Untold Story of the Battle of Midway. Examines the battle from the Japanese perspective using first hand accounts and original documents captured in Japan. Revises many of the assumptions made by the US Navy since the battle in 1942.

comic book - Marvel zombies series

story in the news - All the hype surrounding the Bird Flu menace.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed
    I also thought it said F-uck. I was also prepared to answer

tv show - I don't really watch TV. Only thing I'll re-arrange my time around telly for is.... Family Guy.

movie - Hoodwinked. I was laughing hard for the most part.

video game - Retro gamer. I took to playing Cannon Fodder, Cannon Fodder 2, Prince of Persia and X-Com - Enemy Unknown.

Enemy Unknown is fantastic. It's available free and really is a hard kick in the ass in terms of strategy games. Still ain't completed it, but it's on my must do list of thingd for this year. Along with both Cannon Fodders. I've given up on Prince Of Persia. I've got to the point of fighting some sort of shadow bastard and I just can't win, everytime I hurt him it takes life off me

videogame character - Jops from Cannon Fodder 1 & 2. The Viva Pinata characters.

book - Can't remember the name offhand.

comic book - Don't read comics. If I did, Spiderman.

story in the news - All the hype over David Cameron smoking pot. So ****ing what precisely? Does smoking a bit of pot in your teens write you off for life? Didn't think so.