Thread: DVD Resurrections Review - Awesome

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

DVD Resurrections Review - Awesome

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    "For a no budget filmDeadlands: The Rising is one ****ing awesome zombie film. The acting wasn't cheesy at all, and zombies looked wicked"
    Nice review. Doesnt get better than that. Thats what you really need to know about a low budget film
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    whoa..
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 03-Mar-2007 at 07:06 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Noiiice!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah thats one thing a lot of my friends said when i showe dit to them "the acting wasnt too epic, but they could have gone the full on cheese route but hey didnt and thats awesome"

...or to qoute one guy his review of deadlands was "....uh...,it was rad".

though he's a stoner so make of that what you will, and in hindsight who says rad nowadays?

capncnut
    Yeah Deej, top post man. What more could you ask for in a review?

Canada
    nice review. cant wait to see it myself.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    though he's a stoner so make of that what you will, and in hindsight who says rad nowadays?
    Me! beyotch!
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Other than Coma, try Steve O for starters.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i though he normally yelled "yeah dude, sweet!"?, which reminds me im gonna watch jackass number 2, i aint seen taht in a while, and since i got a maths exam at college in *checks watch* 7 hours, i could use a laugh and a decent break from revising.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I am very proud of all the reviews, especially the ones that pick up on what I was trying to do. So I guess I did pull it off to an extent.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    what does your family think about the whole thing now its getting great reviews?

-geniune question but damn thats sounds like such a cliche' thing to say, and i friggin hate cliche's.

United States
    hellsing - i'm not sure about Dj's family, friends, and his side of the story, but I can tell you this: everyone in my family when we first started thought it was "cute" and "kinda cool" we were making a movie. I used to ask myself, "CUTE?! WTF!?" but I don't think they realized is the scope of the movie an what would come out of it, and how well Dj could pull a movie like this off with sucha minimal amount of money. I mean, c'mon, in the grand scheme of things, a full-length feature movie made on $15,000 US dollars is like lunch money for an elementary school kid! But he pulled it off!

As I forward all of my family and friends the links to these reviews (even the harsh one or two we've had - I'm not one to pussyfoot around the bad ones), explaining to them the movie was picked up by Tempe Entertainment for distribution, the magnitude of the presales and the responses we're getting from individuals who have seen it - they all admit they are shocked, and then their curiosity is piqued. That means more DVD sales, and vindication for Dj that, by golly-goddammit, he CAN make movies, and do a goddamn good job of it too! Especially with limited resources, as we had with Deadlands. If only you knew the struggle to keep that project going on the pennies he had left. It was close, but he pulled another goddamn rabbit outta his hat! (inside joke)

If only everyone knew how many times we've heard this scenario:

Person: "Wow, that was pretty good - how much did that movie cost you?"

Dj: "$15,000, including equipment, so techinically, approximately $9000 since most movies don't include equipment in their budget"

Person: "WHAT?! There is NO WAY you made that for $15,000!!!!"

That has been said over and over and over again - Dj can attest to that. When they find out the budget of the film, their only question (after wiping the look of disbelief off their face) is "HOW?!?!?!"

I just hope that DL:TR is the springboard for Dj to create more and more films. People, if you only knew the workings in this mans brain, the ideas that are pouring out of it for DL2 and future projects.... it's just fu*king staggering. If anyone has thought that DL:TR was a decent film, you haven't seen jack sh*t... yet. Wait 'till this man gets a real f*cking budget to make a movie!! C'mon, Dj! Play the megamillions! win that bitch!

I will just say this (and Dj, I hope I'm not overstepping my boundries - if I am, please feel free to edit this out): I've read the 2nd draft of the script for Deadlands 2 - if this goes anything like the script, this will be THE movie that puts Dj on the fu*king directors map, period. It's miles above and beyond part 1, and I will leave it at that - i've said too much already.

LC

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    *dj sneaks up on lou with some chloraphorme on a rag and drags him into the shadows*.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    While Lou's family is a little more supportive I come from a very pessimistic family, in fact I am the only optimist. Anyway, my father and mother felt I was just wasting money. Although my mom has come around a bit more recently once she watched the finish product, she still brings it up when I complain about money woes.

My dad, is never one to really say, good job, WTG, to him I could have spent that money to buy my house two years ago instead of making a movie. I am sure he has told people his son made a film, but he wasn't behind it 100%.

The only people who really supported it was HPotD members, and the Cast & Crew. Lou and his family supported it big time, but my family more or less just looked at it as money wasted. Does it bother me? A little yes, but then again I did it for me, not for them.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!