Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conservapedia...

United States

Conservapedia...

Wow, this is the most funny site I have come across in a long time. You must check this out, it states that Japan is a group of islands off the Western coast of Asia and many other "facts."

This is one of my favourites

Wikipedia often uses foreign spelling of words, even though most English-speaking users are American. Look up "Most Favored Nation" on Wikipedia and it automatically converts the spelling to the British spelling "Most Favoured Nation." Look up "Division of labor" on Wikipedia and it automatically converts to the British spelling "Division of labour," then insists on the British spelling for "specialization" also.[7] Enter "Hapsburg" (the European ruling family) and Wikipedia automatically changes the spelling to Habsburg, even though the American spelling has always been "Hapsburg". Within entries British spellings appear in the silliest of places, even when the topic is American. Conservapedia favors American spellings of words.
    So, because Wikipedia uses the spelling of the word from the PEOPLE WHO INVENTED THEM they are wrong.

Oh yeah, this was made by home schooled people trying to fight the liberal bias on wikipedia.

This place is awesome. The best comedy in a looong time.

www.conservapedia.com
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    see i dont get that myself, a lot of the differences between english english (cough-real english-cough! ) and ameri-english is usually the american spelling is a letter shorter, thats about it. its just wierd isnt it?, that like a few hundred years apart and thats the biggest changes in speeling, even if we do use different words for different things, to quote south park:

"Leave it to American to think that "no" means yes, "pissed" means angry, and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!!"

well...'cept the cursed part, least thats what the goverment make sus tell you to keep everyone safe.

just dont say the word meecrob too much guys, for the love of god!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meecrob

Super Moderator

UK

See, it's those sort of Americans that give you lot a bad name, geez.

The f*ckin' ENGLISH invented ENGLISH, the language the Americans and supposed to be speaking. It's not called "American" it's called "English" ... *gol*

Hey hellsing, the words are probably one letter shorter so there's less energy to expel when writing.

And it's COLOUR!!!!!

Kazakhstan
    the reason for seemingly useless "u"s and stuff in words like colour is because our language is a sort of mishmash of many different words from all sorts of languages, if you simplify the spelling it can make the path that leads back to the root words it was derived from a bit harder to trace.

that said, i don't see anything wrong with "defence" being "defense". a bit of streamlining is ok as long as you replace the letter with one that has the same value, but removing "u"s and stuff just to save the 18th of a second it takes to add it when youre writing is a bit lazy.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    When I was a kid I was fascinated with, for lack of a better term, the KIngs English spellings.
    colour, flavour, labour.
    I have british raised relatives who showed me that when I was little, so I started spelling all applicable words that way
    And actually got them WRONG on schoolwork!
    Grey too, and thats a "valid" variation for Americans.
    stooooooopid! A lot of Teachers dont know jack sh*t.

It's not THAT different!

Not as frequently as in the past, but people still say things like,
    "speak American, you foreigner!"

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

See, it's those sort of Americans that give you lot a bad name, geez.
    And a utter waste of time. Its a tough job proving superiority and dominion, but someones gotta do it!
    Last edited by coma; 04-Mar-2007 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United Kingdom
    American English is actually closer to Middle English than English English- i.e. it is more like how the Puritans would have spoken (apparently).
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

United States

My Bad ...

I agree that English comes from the British . As far as fast food intelligence , I dislike "My Bad" rather than I m sorry . Its a lazy insincere way of admitting being wrong or owning up to making an error .
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    I agree that English comes from the British . As far as fast food intelligence , I dislike "My Bad" rather than I m sorry . Its a lazy insincere way of admitting being wrong or owning up to making an error .
    Its like Jail talk. Ask instead of favor. Anything to avoid the appearence of being submissive.
    I will never use "my bad" ever. I think it sounds kinds dopey.

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    York was founded by Vikings.

I like Vikings.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    American English is actually closer to Middle English than English English- i.e. it is more like how the Puritans would have spoken (apparently).
    I didnt know that. interesting.
    In your face, UK!

did people say "yo!" in the middle ages?

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Of course, with many Americans being of Irish/English or Scottish descent, you're basically Brits as well, so ... back in your face!!

United States
    Of course, with many Americans being of Irish/English or Scottish descent, you're basically Brits as well, so ... back in your face!!
    Im Irish, and would only have been a brit at the barrell of a gun, so Oliver Cromwell can suck it slow and double dog dick back in your face!

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Im Irish, and would only have been a brit at the barrell of a gun, so Oliver Cromwell can suck it slow and double dog dick back in your face!

Now that's some most definitely Oirish lingo thar.

Of course, the thing is - are you northern Irish or southern Irish?

Then of course the Scottish are descendants of the Irish (so I've heard anyway), so I've got a bit of the 4 leafed clover in me then ... very deep down anyway, I'm Scottish ... or more accurately now an Anglosized Scot ... Scottish heart, English brain......so I guess I'm flat out British.

And tea sucks cock, it's RANK.

United States

Now that's some most definitely Oirish lingo thar.

Of course, the thing is - are you northern Irish or southern Irish?

Then of course the Scottish are descendants of the Irish (so I've heard anyway), so I've got a bit of the 4 leafed clover in me then ... very deep down anyway, I'm Scottish ... or more accurately now an Anglosized Scot ... Scottish heart, English brain......so I guess I'm flat out British.

And tea sucks cock, it's RANK.
    Dad-Northern Mom-Southern
    It was all controlled by The UK for a long time, so Ollie can still suck it Down with the King!
    I used to drink tea all the time as a kid, but I was accused of being an "english fag" alot as a kid for that, so I broke the habit. Ah, that devilish peer pressure. "I'm not English" "ahhh,Same Thing" "No it's NOT!!!"
    Erin Go Braless!

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    I am damn proud of it too ... so there . Why did the British wear those red coats , they were easy targets in the greenery of this country ? Just an observation . ( no offense ) , " Ahem , maybe we should wear something more concealing to blend in with the country side ?"
    "Goodbye , I am gone."