Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Study: R-Rated movies lure white teens into smoking?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Study: R-Rated movies lure white teens into smoking?

I think this is a crock of sh*t personally but whatever. Read and decide for yourself.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070306/...mFuWLeesRxFb8C
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah....crock of sh*t. That's not how it ever seemed to me, anyway...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im a white teen and i think cigarettes are ****ing desgusting and make you smell like a car burnt out form a crack deal gone wrong.

so no i guess it doesnt make teens smoke.

United States
    at all costs, SAVE THE WHITE CHILDREN.
    Kids smoke becasue it looks cool. Aloof, destructive, Anti authority, adult. At least in other kids eyes. And now, affluent. Its not a big mystery. If you want to be different from the scaredey cat teachers pets, you smoke and snarl.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

ViP

United States
    IMHO, you are a rebel today if you are a kid and

1.Don't Smoke
    2.Don't have a tattoo
    3.Don't have an odd piercing

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post

1.Don't Smoke
    2.Don't have a tattoo
    Hate Tats and wierd piercings. I am not impressed. My old band used to say we are the only tatless, No piercing band in the world.
    when I saw poncy prep school kids with "tribals" or scarification rather than bikers I knew it was mad corny.
    I know some of you may get ultra pissed at that statement, but It's my feeling in it

Want to be a rebel? read a book and be proud of being smart
    Last edited by coma; 06-Mar-2007 at 07:18 PM.

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States

Smoke your little smoke ...

Seems to me , parenting has all in the world to do with this . Parental groups have always pointed their bony finger at movies to blame them for teen behavior .
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Super Moderator

UK
    Axlish, you know, that's pretty truthful these days.

Like here in the UK, if you wanna be a rebel, don't drink your guts out.

And yeah, smoking looks cool. I remember a school trip in primary school and a whole bunch went into a joke shop and bought joke cigarettes (you blew into them and white dust/power came out to look like smoke) - and the cool thing was, the teachers had no problem with that, lol.

Anyway, it looked cool and made you feel all James Dean like. Yeah, you see it in a movie and it looks cool, but the reality comes alive when you actually smell the cancer sticks themselves...or watch an educational video with a dude squeezing a smoker's lung until a thick load of lumpy yellow sh*t came flying out - that put me off it forever.

I've never smoked a ciggy, but it was when I went to uni that I ended up schmokin' a little of da 'erb, but didn't do a lot, I preferred eating it so I didn't have to smoke it with tobacco in it, which just tasted like complete and utter sh*t and make my throat hurt.

Interesting that they set aside "white teens".

If you're going to get into smoking in this day and age, you've gotta be some kind of idiot really, with all the anti-smoking air around you'd think they wouldn't bother - mind you, what really gets them into is:

1) Peer pressure
    2) Their parents being smokers

I've seen a lot of it throughout my short time on this earth thus far. Kids from smoking families are far more likely to become smokers themselves, while those from non-smoking families, over the piece, don't become smokers. There's the exceptions on both sides of course, but that's generally what I've found.

As for schmokin' da 'erb, lol, that's much more scattergun I've found, I'm very much anti-smoking (not in the tosser way though), but I see a point in weed, I've dabbled in it, but ain't dabbled in a couple of years now...

Where was I?

Ach, a movie won't make a kid smoke, same as a movie won't make anyone do anything bad, your real life world will make you do things, as *shock horror*, kids today can actuall tell the difference between fiction and reality...some researchers are such penises.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    watch an educational video with a dude squeezing a smoker's lung until a thick load of lumpy yellow sh*t came flying out - that put me off it forever.
    The key is to NOT think about that. Think of looking like Jimmy Page in 1975
    ..some researchers are such penises.
    Aint that the truth
    btw, The word penis is intrinsically hilarious

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    btw, The word penis is intrinsically hilarious
    You're daaaaaaaamn right.

"some researchers are such vaginas" ... not as hilarious I don't think, penis is just a completely funny word, I always thought it was daft ever since I was a kid, it just inspires you to say it in a funny manner ... I mean how can you seriously say "penis" in a completely straight-faced manner? I mean ... come on!

United States
    You're daaaaaaaamn right.

"some researchers are such vaginas" ... not as hilarious I don't think, penis is just a completely funny word, I always thought it was daft ever since I was a kid, it just inspires you to say it in a funny manner ... I mean how can you seriously say "penis" in a completely straight-faced manner? I mean ... come on!
    Vagina sounds like a disease. Like angina.
    btw
    PENIS!

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Gosh, what a load of old cock dribble that was.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Um I believe penis plural is PENI.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    No offense, but...

1) The teens that DON'T watch alot of R-rated movies are obviously not that fun to hang around with anyway, which means that they don't get invited to parties and thus they aren't introduced to smoking. This test result stunningly shows that if you don't watch R-rated movies, you are less likely to get invited to parties.

2) Why would there be a relation between SMOKING and R-RATED MOVIES? My computer broke last week. Right about the same time I learned how to spell Lenin in russian. Obviously, learning to spell Lenin in russian would break ones computer. Duh! It's so obvious.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post

1.Don't Smoke
    2.Don't have a tattoo
    i'll also dont drink , REBEL!

dont get me wrong i aint the crrepy johavas witness type kid i make up fro having none of that by being wierd as fook.

im pretty damn sure im gonna get some tatoo's, but im waiting till after uni and im gonna put time and though into it, design em myself and the like, cus its your skin, i saw a guy who had, swear to god, a ps3 tatooed over his entire upper torso on the front
    sometimes origionality blurs with insanity.

...i think i should put that on my tombstone or something cus thats some good ****, plus it sounds deep even though it aint
    Last edited by Danny; 06-Mar-2007 at 11:29 PM.