Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreams

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    You actually only dream when you are in REM state, with your eyes flicking and your body paralysed. The rest of the time, when people are moving around in their sleep etc, they're probably not dreaming (except sleep walkers/ talkers etc!). Just so you know
    Not true. REM state is just the deepest state of sleep, and has the longest dreams. You still dream whenever you're not in REM sleep, but the dreams are short and you rarely, if ever, remember them. They can be upwards a minute, or so. REM dreams can last 10-20 minutes.

I've been involved in a project on dreaming where they would ask you questions about them and such. I had it explained to me by three different guys... When people talk of dreams, they usually mean the REM dreams. But dreams are by noway limited to REM sleep.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 07-Mar-2007 at 08:45 PM.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i had a wierd "so realisitic its scary" dream a while back, i was on an old american bus ,no one else was on it, not even a driver, outside it was a really bright day and everything looked autumnal with orange leaves and yelow gress, there was a canal with a rusty barrier to the side that i noticed and plenty of old buildings that were empty, but i got the feeling like they wer eabandoned not like something bad had happened, then the bus reached the end of this dirt track, and i walked for a bit down this old track through the woodland till i came to an area were there was a concrete tunnel and there was something inside the tunnel, i knew i had to go that way but there were "things" in the tunnel intent on killing me i was about to step in and felt something rush at me when i woke up.

freaky, guess thats why i remember it so vividly.
    I love dreams that kick ass. Sometimes I wish I never wake up. It is almost like teleporting into a new world when they are so lucid.

Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    HLS you were in England , rest assured , MZ wouldve lent you the $ !
    Awwww!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    When you sleep, you dream from the get-go to the second you wake up. Not remembering it sucks, though, because dreams are usually kick ass entertainment and good inspiration for your life. Well, at least that's a communists point of view.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    lol ... I'm like Freddy Kruger, up-in-your-brain!

I've had some completely bizarre dreams in my time, like the one that involved me attending a convention in my old high school assembly hall, held by my hair dresser to inform folk of when she was going on holiday ... then it morphs into me riding a Goodfella's Pepperoni Deep Pan Pizza around a sea of green and cheesy/pepperoni/tomato'y gunge through a network of Ghostbuster fire station toy playsets (like I had as a kid), being chased by these weird things throwing gunge at me ... no sh*t, I had this dream.

DVW ... nah, I wouldn't lend her any $ ... ... maybe a couple of these badboys: £ ... kaching, haha! Of course ... you'd have to put on a theatrical style dance, which expresses, in interpretive dance fashion, the fall of the South to the North in the American Civil War ... then I can get me some transatlantic edu-ma-cay-shun, hyuck! ... ... where the hell did that all come from? I ain't even been eatin' cheese!
    I dont't know. I can do a belly dance I used to belly dance with my mom as a kid. It was fun. lol

It's a good thing she didn't dream she got a shiny pearl necklace for a present, eh?!

hahahahahahaha. only if its a gift from zombie man (kidding of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Not true. REM state is just the deepest state of sleep, and has the longest dreams. You still dream whenever you're not in REM sleep, but the dreams are short and you rarely, if ever, remember them. They can be upwards a minute, or so. REM dreams can last 10-20 minutes.

I've been involved in a project on dreaming where they would ask you questions about them and such. I had it explained to me by three different guys... When people talk of dreams, they usually mean the REM dreams. But dreams are by noway limited to REM sleep.
    Well I read that there is a chemical in your body that keeps you paralized as you sleep. If your body does not produce the hormone or what ever it leads to sleep walking.

United Kingdom
    Yes, the body-brain connection is broken while you dream to stop you acting the dreams out (because you obviously think they're really happening at the time). This paralysis is when REM occurs. As well as the rapid eye movement, brain waves during REM (i.e. dreaming) are almost identical to those of when you are awake. Sometimes it gets screwed up, either by the connection not being broken and you acting out your dreams by sleep walking, or the connection remaining broken when you wake up, which is that freaky thing when you're awake but can't move or speak and get a creepy feeling there's a presence in the room The miracles of the human brain, eh.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Banned User

United States

fatal insomnia

I posted this once before but it is facinating. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_familial_insomnia

capncnut
    I remember one dream I had years ago when I was into Nirvana. In this dream I went to a record store and bought TONS or Nirvana cds (most of which probably never existed in real life) and when I woke up, I checked my cd collection to see if I actually had them or not.

But then again most of my dreams are weird, sometimes they even end with credits.

Banned User

United States
    I have dreamed in cartoon a few times. Now that is bizzare.

Super Moderator

UK
    I had a really sh*t dream last night. The fake rubber snake from episode 1x05 of Bam's Unholy Union (which Dunn sent to Bam as a joke present) was in my room, but I prodded it with a model car that I've had since I was a kid (a red convertible Mercedes), and it sprang to life and bit me.

The rest of the dream was me avoiding getting bit and desperately trying to get it trapped under something and when I thought I had managed it (under a pillow and an ice cream tub) it's head managed to poke out and the git got out again. At this stage I was sat down with my ass crack exposed and it went straight for it really viciously, I woke up with a right fright!

capncnut
    Now that's one strange dream.

Banned User

United States
    I had a really sh*t dream last night. The fake rubber snake from episode 1x05 of Bam's Unholy Union (which Dunn sent to Bam as a joke present) was in my room, but I prodded it with a model car that I've had since I was a kid (a red convertible Mercedes), and it sprang to life and bit me.

The rest of the dream was me avoiding getting bit and desperately trying to get it trapped under something and when I thought I had managed it (under a pillow and an ice cream tub) it's head managed to poke out and the git got out again. At this stage I was sat down with my ass crack exposed and it went straight for it really viciously, I woke up with a right fright!

Have you watched Snakes on a Plane lately?

The dreams I hate is dreams of having to find my car. I can never find my car in a dream. Like I would dream I am at a mall and I would leave to go somewhere and I do not know where my car is. I can never complete a phone call in a dream. When ever I call in a dream I always get the wrong number at each try. Another dream frustration of mine is I can never find a working potty in a dream. And if I do there is a group of people standing there staring me and interupting me so I can not go
    Last edited by HLS; 08-Mar-2007 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    I watched Snakes on a Plane several weeks ago, it was most definitely the episode of B.U.U. that put it in my head for that dream though ... strangeness.

I hate having dreams where you're constantly running from someone (or a group of people), you can never get away and you feel really tired out...but when I have a zombie dream, I'm always kicking ass and never getting bit - or I have a magical serum to cure me of a bite, lol.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the most recurring theme in my dreams is missing a car or bus home and walking but the route which i know by heart isnt the same, some places are there which shouldnt be and some which should are no were to be seen, i very rarely have nightmares in fact i can only remeber 3, one will take up a page of writing so heres the two short ones.

1:im kinda non existent in the dream, i dont even acknowledge i am me or i even exist, a series of events play out but its not like watching a movie or being a 3rd person its something happenning and i know its and see it but im not there in any sense, damn thats hard to describe, a woman goes to a truck stop to look for a job, serves the customers food but discovers the meat isnt pigs but people instead, and shes next, she gets in her car but notcies a huge blood splatter on a load of straw leading into a dark barn, she turns and runs into the darkness down an old dirt track, but the dirt track is turning into wooden boards over a swamp of blood and thats when i woke up, no shock i jsut woke up, wierd as fook huh?

2: the second one was from when i was little i was about 8 years old in life and the dream in an elevator with my family, my shoelace got caught in the door as it goes up im being pulled down, you can imagine were that goes, and what it stems from i was told earlier that day by my grandad about getting your shoelace caught in the escelator

"THAT KID IS BACK ON THE ESCALATOR AGAIN!"

Banned User

United States
    I watched Snakes on a Plane several weeks ago, it was most definitely the episode of B.U.U. that put it in my head for that dream though ... strangeness.

I hate having dreams where you're constantly running from someone (or a group of people), you can never get away and you feel really tired out...but when I have a zombie dream, I'm always kicking ass and never getting bit - or I have a magical serum to cure me of a bite, lol.
    the most recurring theme in my dreams is missing a car or bus home and walking but the route which i know by heart isnt the same, some places are there which shouldnt be and some which should are no were to be seen, i very rarely have nightmares in fact i can only remeber 3, one will take up a page of writing so heres the two short ones.

1:im kinda non existent in the dream, i dont even acknowledge i am me or i even exist, a series of events play out but its not like watching a movie or being a 3rd person its something happenning and i know its and see it but im not there in any sense, damn thats hard to describe, a woman goes to a truck stop to look for a job, serves the customers food but discovers the meat isnt pigs but people instead, and shes next, she gets in her car but notcies a huge blood splatter on a load of straw leading into a dark barn, she turns and runs into the darkness down an old dirt track, but the dirt track is turning into wooden boards over a swamp of blood and thats when i woke up, no shock i jsut woke up, wierd as fook huh?

2: the second one was from when i was little i was about 8 years old in life and the dream in an elevator with my family, my shoelace got caught in the door as it goes up im being pulled down, you can imagine were that goes, and what it stems from i was told earlier that day by my grandad about getting your shoelace caught in the escelator

"THAT KID IS BACK ON THE ESCALATOR AGAIN!"

I have several recurring dream themes. One is being chased by Godzilla or some sort of dragon or I am in a building trapped with one of these monsters outside and Then do not attack but they follow my movements withing the house and they look at me threw the windows. That scares me more than any dream.
    Another theme I have regular is being overcome by waves or I will be by a body of water like following a stream and seeing strange fish.
    Also in my dreams I can never look out a window. For some reason looking out a window in a dream always leads to a serious space alien nightmare or a zombie dream.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I had a dream which I know I was dreaming last night of hanging out with then killing two girls, I reduced one to a pulsating brain on a table and cut all the limbs off another discarding them on the floor, tore the skin off her face and she automonously banged her head off a table. I'm freaked by the whole thing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ...*edges away from rottedfreak*.....

Super Moderator

UK
    ...*edges away from rottedfreak*.....
    *joins hellsing ... but positions self so that hellsing is between me and RottedFreak*