Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bizarre magazine! XD

capncnut
    My newsagent is always looking at me over the aisles because of Fangoria. I stand there and read the thing for 30 minutes straight right there instore. Damn straight too, I ain't payin' a fricken fiver for it!

United Kingdom
    I keep an eye on my magazines in the newsagent on campus. The only customers are students really, so no-one bats an eyelid. They'd probably be shocked if you did actually pay for a magazine in there
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

capncnut
    I wish the same could be said for the comic book shop nearby. Everytime I take a peek, there's like three bespactacled sci fi nerds on my case telling me not to take the comic out of the covers. <spotlight>

United Kingdom
    Lmao. ****ing comic shop owners/ staff... I don't even go in unless I have Liam with me
    La freak, c'est chic!

capncnut
    And why is it that the old comics that you wanna sift through are always buried under 10 dozen Star Wars toy boxes? Get rid of those things for chrissakes, it's always the heavy stockage of Star Wars s**t that brings down a good comic store. Everywhere you go, Han Solo this, Darth Vader that and I have to wait until next week to get my Freak Bros comics 'cos of the George Lucas money machine. Have you heard these idiots speak? "Oh, I had to wait light years for that comic," or "Oh shut up, that comic was bantha fodder. You obviously never read issues 10 to 12, lazer brain." I mean, GET A F**KING LIFE!!!
    Last edited by capncnut; 16-Mar-2007 at 01:43 AM.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Have you heard these idiots speak? "Oh, I had to wait light years for that comic," or "Oh shut up, that comic was bantha fodder. You obviously never read issues 10 to 12, lazer brain." I mean, GET A F**KING LIFE!!!
    Scary stuff. Those shops can be depressing places sometimes. I was going to try and get a job in my local one when i first moved here, I figured it would be a nice quiet job where I could spend most of the day reading and stealing things. I went into ask, had a little browse through the stock first (kind of in preparation), and the dudes behind the counter were snickering and nudging each other that much I just left again
    La freak, c'est chic!

capncnut
    Yeah some of the people in these places are nutjobs. Years ago in the same shop I was looking for Dr Who s**t when this short, very round, bespectabled teenage girl with braces and bad acne slithered her way up to me and was like (very timidly and in one sentence), "let me recommend the Target books they are just simply wonderful because they have excellent artwork on the front, the one from (random Tom Baker story) is fabulous because it displays K9 with a lower grade metallic sheen than usual which is rather unlike the K9 model I have on my mantlepiece at home which I got at the recent (random Dr Who convention) where the Brigadier Nicholas Courtney signed my dvd copy of Invasion of the Cybermen which included the first ever appearance of the Cybermats, incidentally do you know that Patrick Troughton fought the Cybermen 3 times in his career 4 if you include The Five Doctors but out of them all he fought the most monsters and was voted as the 4th best Doctor of all time in a recent Whovian poll...(etc)"
    Last edited by capncnut; 16-Mar-2007 at 11:22 AM.

Kazakhstan
    i know what you mean

i call those geeks "asylum nurses" - they hold you down and pump you full of sh*t
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    geez, people who love star wars that much need to wear plastic bags over there feet and live in a ward

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    Scary stuff. Those shops can be depressing places sometimes. I was going to try and get a job in my local one when i first moved here, I figured it would be a nice quiet job where I could spend most of the day reading and stealing things. I went into ask, had a little browse through the stock first (kind of in preparation), and the dudes behind the counter were snickering and nudging each other that much I just left again
    I hate the dusty and smelly ones where they wont talk to you even if its about buying something. Then if they do talk to to, they suddenly cut you off to start talking to their other spaz buddy about cocks and fags with an 11 year old standing there.

All dark with stuff covering the windows like some little kids clubhouse playing some console game and calling each other gay.

Only stocking wolverine and other crap and never anything good "what's that? I don't carry that because, despite the evidence to the contrary, I know it wont sell. Plus my taste sucks". Like the store 2 blocks from my apt which does all of those things. No walking dead. I hate that store. And the owner looks like he's out of deliverance and talks SOOOOO SLOOOOOOW. He tries to get cute with my GF and because she Japanese he thinks she wont notice he's a dork. But she DOES. hah

The best store I have ever been to is Jim Hanley's Universe In Manhattan. Sure they got geeks and the one guy whose a Star Wars douche and actually thinks he's some kind of thug. But almost every other person is pretty normal and easy to talk to There is really only one guy there who is a traditional "comic book spaz". hey even had good looking (horrors!) girls (yes, plural) working there. They have any and all kinds of books and dont just cater to the meatheads and children.
    Comic stores come and go but that one thrives because of those things. That place is always full of people and more than a few female customers.

Y'know Chic Freak, you work there and those never get laid dorks are your slaves. You can piss on them all day and they will still worship you.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Y'know Chic Freak, you work there and those never get laid dorks are your slaves. You can piss on them all day and they will still worship you.
    I never even thought of that! Too bad I'm moving in a few weeks.

Smelly shop owner douche: "Amy, go and re-stock stuff and clean the store and do a stock-take and tidy the shelves and wash the windows out front and make us all coffee."
    Me: "Mm, can't you do it? I'm kind of in the middle of playing with my boobies here."
    SSOD: " 'Kay!"
    Me: "Oh and btw I need a raise to buy lingerie."
    Me: "Anyhow, I'm going home early, see ya."

I'm a bastard, I know.
    La freak, c'est chic!

Kazakhstan
    the best was once i was in "gamesmart" (see what they did there), and the dude had a giant stack of ultimate spiderman comics on the desk which he was putting in a box. being a reader of that series, i said "oh you read ultimate spiderman then"

he's like
    "NO"

i'm like... ok...are you guys moving into selling comics now then?

he's like
    "uh...no"

so i just bought a dvd and ****ed off. f*cking geek, proper gollum looking git too, i dunno whether he had a rifle under the desk or felt invincible behind his desk but wtf...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    I never even thought of that! Too bad I'm moving in a few weeks.

Smelly shop owner douche: "Amy, go and re-stock stuff and clean the store and do a stock-take and tidy the shelves and wash the windows out front and make us all coffee."
    Me: "Mm, can't you do it? I'm kind of in the middle of playing with my boobies here."
    Me: "Oh and btw I need a raise to buy lingerie."
    Me: "Anyhow, I'm going home early, see ya."

I'm a bastard, I know.
    That was EXACTLY what I was talking about. That is super funny Unless you get a s**t like me who'll say
    "Equal Opportunity pay, equal work. I actually get laid, so cool it!"
    I had a job where some "model" girl played that with me. I got fed up with her faux diva act and told her
    "I dont like you. Your'e not smart. You are not nice. You may be pretty, but I am not impressed. I'm not exactly deformed over here so go play that crap with the little boys"
    My work buddy said I could've made her my sex slave after that cause no guy ever raked her that way before. As the kids today say, "Owned!"

Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    the best was once i was in "gamesmart" (see what they did there), and the dude had a giant stack of ultimate spiderman comics on the desk which he was putting in a box. being a reader of that series, i said "oh you read ultimate spiderman then"

he's like
    "NO"

i'm like... ok...are you guys moving into selling comics now then?

he's like
    "uh...no"

so i just bought a dvd and ****ed off. f*cking geek, proper gollum looking git too, i dunno whether he had a rifle under the desk or felt invincible behind his desk but wtf...
    Shoul've kept going with the questions. "Then WHY do you have a box of books?!?"
    The geeks always fold under aggression. They dont know what to do.
    Last edited by coma; 16-Mar-2007 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    I had a job where some "model" girl played that with me. I got fed up with her faux diva act and told her
    "I dont like you. Your'e not smart. You are not nice. You may be pretty, but I am not impressed. I'm not exactly deformed over here so go play that crap with the little boys"
    My work buddy said I could've made her my sex slave after that cause no guy ever raked her that way before. As the kids today say, "Owned!"
    Maybe just so she could put a pillow over your face once you'd fallen asleep

I'd like to point out to anyone reading this that I've never *actually* attempted to pull any of that sort of bull****, equal rights = equal duties after all Plus I'd just be kind of embarassed, really!

And I believe the phrase you'r referring to is PWN3D
    La freak, c'est chic!

United States
    Maybe just so she could put a pillow over your face once you'd fallen asleep

I'd like to point out to anyone reading this that I've never *actually* attempted to pull any of that sort of bull****, equal rights = equal duties after all Plus I'd just be kind of embarassed, really!

And I believe the phrase you'r referring to is PWN3D
    That pillow thing is scary. And I lied to her. She was totally hot. But I couldnt let her know

It was obvious you were joking, so no worries

PWN3D. OK.. But I will only go so far with that sort of thing. Dont want to be "the old guy at the club"

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers