Thread: Is there anyway to get block wireless callers?

United States

Is there anyway to get block wireless callers?

Over the last week I have recieved numerous calls from an unknown person. 3am, 6am 8pm. I get these test to lan messagens with just a bunch of numbers as the message. My provider says all they can do is give me a new #. I contacted their provider and said that because I am not their customer they can do nothing. I would assume they can look at the records for the # i provided them and it surley would violate terms of service.

I don't feel I should be bullied into changing my # because of harassing phone calls. I have tried calling this # but only get voice mail.
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

United States
    Can you use the phone book feature on your cellphone to automatic ignore all calls from that number?

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    No, just a crappy lan line with no special feauters.
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

United States

Caller ID Manager might work

http://www.privacycorps.com/products/?id=20

Requires you have caller id service on your land line.
    • 'Excluded' List - Your list of 'Excluded' callers that are either ignored without answering, or directed to your VoiceMail or answering device.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Banned User

United States
    If you know the number that is calling into you you can block the number coming into your landline. I think its a service you have to sign up for for I had it. You can also set up your landline to block people that try to mask their caller id with a *67. Those services you should be able to get from your phone provider. Now if the calls are coming into your cell phone there is not much you can do at all but change your number. I used to work for t-mobile.