Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate my neighbors. Film Making related!

Super Moderator

UK

I'd f*cking pay to go back in time and across the pond to see that sh*t, alright.

Directorial swearing fits are great, aren't they?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I'd f*cking pay to go back in time and across the pond to see that sh*t, alright.

Hell yes! and Dj can spazz-out with the best of 'em if you get under his skin enough!!

I'm actually surprised he hasn't popped in and said "damn right I flip out!"

LC

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

There would be a $10,000 cover charge.

Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr
    Hell yes! and Dj can spazz-out with the best of 'em if you get under his skin enough!!

I'm actually surprised he hasn't popped in and said "damn right I flip out!"
    I cannot lie, I do freak out easily. Of course in retrospect I shouldn't have as it was Lou's Neighborhood and I lived 50 miles away. So his neighbors would be more pissed at him.

However, yes that night I did flip out something awful. I think the night with the Taurus was when we started refilming in March of 2006. The MUTHERF*CKER night was in November of 2005. However, dumbass with the car (Taurus) just kept circling the block and just when we thought it was safe to start filming he would come zooming by and then park and let his car run. I did want to yank him out of the car, but I remember Lou's wife telling me I had to be on my best behavior.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    It's all good Dj. We didn't piss anyone in the neighborhood off. Besides, the neighbors I do like (to the left, when facing my house) could've cared less if we filmed 'till 4am. They're good people, and very understanding - not to mention, they were into what we were doing. They'd come over during the week and ask about it.

The people across the street, however, I could've given a good goddamn less if they got pissed. Long story, but we've never got along with those idiots, so I would've been happy to take your mustang and do donuts in their front yard at 3am on a monday morning.

As to the rest of the neighborhood - on the weekends, there are people making noise at all hours of the night around us. As far as I'm concerned, we were filming on the weekends and weren't disturbing anyone, so they can all bite me.

My wife was the worried one - her and my mother in law. "please be quiet, we don't wanna piss off the neighbors" - heh, then we'd run right outside and scream "ACTION!!" and next thing you know, 30 people on the front lawn are going "BRAAAAAAAAAINS!!!"

LC

United States

Not if they are directed at you!
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Not if they are directed at you!
    He has a point!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    He has a point!
    Been on both sides. I tend to only yell at malfunctioning gear. Totally useless, but I cant help it!

A director said to me without a good reason
    "One of these days Im going to punch you in the face"
    I laughed in his mug and said
    "If your going to do it, do it now so we can get back to work"
    He Pretty much got owned by my misdirection laden joke.

btw, MY neighbors are the loudest and the stupidest. I guarantee it!

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Coma - definitely. Being on the receiving end ain't funny at all, I've no time for wankers who shout at their crew, f*ck that.

But shout at the barking dog, malfunctioning gear and annoying chavs as much as possible I say, it's entertainment for a crew.

United States
    Coma - definitely. Being on the receiving end ain't funny at all, I've no time for wankers who shout at their crew, f*ck that.

But shout at the barking dog, malfunctioning gear and annoying chavs as much as possible I say, it's entertainment for a crew.
    There is filming all over NY all the time. Form Julia Roberts tripe to LAw and Order. They blew up the bus in Denzel Washingtons Siege right down my old block.
    The DP's are self important dicks.
    "you cant walk down here" (In an authoritarian tone with their hand out)
    to which I respond
    "F**K YOU!"

Some people wont move unless you pay them because the reality is
    The permit gives them the right to shoot
    AND THAT"S ALL.

I'm not impressed by film crews> this Is NY not the friggin sticks. I see that stuff almost weekly.

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States

Say it isn't so!

It's all good Dj. We didn't piss anyone in the neighborhood off. Besides, the neighbors I do like (to the left, when facing my house) could've cared less if we filmed 'till 4am. They're good people, and very understanding - not to mention, they were into what we were doing. They'd come over during the week and ask about it.

The people across the street, however, I could've given a good goddamn less if they got pissed. Long story, but we've never got along with those idiots, so I would've been happy to take your mustang and do donuts in their front yard at 3am on a monday morning.

As to the rest of the neighborhood - on the weekends, there are people making noise at all hours of the night around us. As far as I'm concerned, we were filming on the weekends and weren't disturbing anyone, so they can all bite me.

My wife was the worried one - her and my mother in law. "please be quiet, we don't wanna piss off the neighbors" - heh, then we'd run right outside and scream "ACTION!!" and next thing you know, 30 people on the front lawn are going "BRAAAAAAAAAINS!!!"

LC
    You didn't just say, 'Brains', did you?!!

You aren't making a 'Return of the Living Dead' sequel are you?! Real zombies eat flesh damnit, not brains!!

Hehe!

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    we were actually goofing off a little that night. I wanted to do a take of the zombies running from around from the side to the front of the house yelling brains. I have just one take of that.

Otherwise Deadlands is a full flesh eating zombie film.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    You didn't just say, 'Brains', did you?!!

that was just a joke - actually, we did that take of zombies saying 'brains' as a funny outtake, but that was about it.

No 'talking' zombies in Deadlands, I can assure you of that.

LC

Super Moderator

UK

that was just a joke - actually, we did that take of zombies saying 'brains' as a funny outtake, but that was about it.

No 'talking' zombies in Deadlands, I can assure you of that.

LC
    And no drug-drowned, hooker-obsessed zombies either ... otherwise we'd have to have words.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    And definitely no wannabe singers turned gas station attendant zombies in Deadlands. Our zombies are the real deal and don't display emotion.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Australia
    There is nothing worse than having "Rubber Neckers" around while you are trying to film a scene.

The worst I have experienced was; when we were filming a road safety comercial. The shooting was taking place in a car park which we had closed to the public and we were filming scenes involving actors driving vehicles.

Unfortunately we just happened to be filming across the street from a school and at 3pm all of the parents were coming to collect their kids.

The problems arose when the parents took more interest in what we were doing then keeping their eyes on the road while picking up their kids. The amount of near misses that occured that afternoon were to many to count, so for safety's sake we shut down the set for an hour just in case.