Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: season 11 of south park up on aasp

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    What can I say, I just don't find the cartoon funny in the slightest. Stopped watching by like season 2.
    mate you seriously need to give it a look, in my opinion it was lame, juvenile crap for the first 4 seasons, but the last few have been so sharp, it's scary...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

UK
    Interesting ... there's a kind of divide going on between some fans.

Some who prefer the insular stories of the earlier seasons, and those who prefer the messages of the later seasons...sometimes the newer episodes can get a bit samey, what with the preaching ... and two double episodes in season 10, wtf, we want *new* stuff ... and not that sh*t about Oprah's minge, that was just lame.

I've been a fan of South Park ever since it started, they couldn't have kept going with the original style in the earlier seasons, so it makes sense that they're doing what they do now, it's just that the message part has kinda taken over ... and now they do that utterly gheay half a season now, half a season in a few months bullshiite.

Kazakhstan
    ah i love it, i love the subersive qualities that such a (apparently) crudley made show, with scatological & base humour pervading can have, by virtue of the fact that it has the most sophisticated moral & ethical debates & conclusions in it's plotlines... seriously, name another sitcom/drama that tops south park in terms of righteousness and tackling multiple issues...

plus the one where they owned family guy to death was heroic
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, true, South Park have that "common sense merchant" ideology I like, so when they go about "pwning" issues it does indeed rock some cock.

It's fun to see the, still crude, animation evolve ... like when they introduced the animation of people's legs running in season 9 (like the panic from global warming, lol or in season 10 with the panic from Family Guy). Also the 3/4 style head animations is fairly new.

I love the dirty humour mixed with serious messages, like Cartman farting out all that fake treasure, or Cartman shiitting all over the shop while playing WOW ... I had to rewind those parts over and over again, that kinda stuff just makes me fall over laughing, gotta love toilet humour.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    mate you seriously need to give it a look, in my opinion it was lame, juvenile crap for the first 4 seasons, but the last few have been so sharp, it's scary...
    The first series was okay but the whole Kenny dying joke just bored the life out of me after a while. Kinda put me off the show, though I will admit that Cartman's rants are usually quite funny. I dunno, I just never found it important enough to follow.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well you missed out big style dude, and the whole Kenny thing was eventually dropped, they even killed the character off for real for about a whole season (the boys then trialed their other friends to be replacements, at which point the character of Butters came to the fore - one of my fave SP characters).

Then they brought Kenny back for real, can't remember how now, but they stopped the whole killing Kenny thing, they've only done it like twice since bringing him back, if that. The show really changed gears around about season 6...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah the last two seasons have been nothing like the first 2 man, your totally missing out, go to the site in the first post of this thread and start watchin', its got every episode, i promise you you wont regret it.

United States
    These past few seasons of South Park have been the best ever. Season 1 is nearly unwatchable.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah it was funny when i was 10, but now i jsut cant watch it anymore, 'cept pink o' course

capncnut
    Okay, maybe I'll give it another chance. When is it on?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i guarantee between 9pm and 3am theres a south park ep on at least on one satellite/cable channel every half hour at any time between then.

just check my first post on here, the site i link to has every episode in good quality to watch free online.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    just check my first post on here, the site i link to has every episode in good quality to watch free online.
    Cheers matey.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    http://allabout-sp.net/?p=season11/1103

oh man just saw lice capades, that joke at the end made me cry with laughter , god dman thats gross

Super Moderator

UK
    Good episode, wasn't completely sure what they were saying about global warming ... ...

Anyway, I gotta protect my bayh-beh! ... I'm gonna call her ... Hope ... ... ewww.

capncnut
    Watched four episodes on Paramount Comedy recently and while I may rate it above the other s**t I've seen, it still don't float my boat. Sorry.