Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ooh I wish I had the computer power to run this...(Crysis)

capncnut
    Yeah, nice addition Neil.

Super Moderator

UK
    Er, hellsing, the one on the left is the real pic, the one on the right is the game.

If they're going ramp out a console version of STALKER they'd better get their asses in gear, they can't hang around for a year and then pop it out due to all the delays they've had...which reminds me, NINE F*CKIN' DAYS LEFT, BITCHES!

capncnut
    Better get those fingers in shape, maybe finger press ups or summat.

Super Moderator

UK
    *grumbles* bloody computer conked out AGAIN just before I clicked reply...

Anyway, I thought it had come this morning, but it was a package from a guy I'm working with (tapes to transfer to another medium), so I got all hot and bothered thinking it was here, lol.

I hope it gets posted off early so that I get it before it's supposed to come out, or at least on time...*rubs hands* oh baby!

capncnut
    Just been reading up about it. Damn, they removed a lot of good s**t from this game. The radiation management by drinking vodka sounded boss as did the refuelling/vehicle operations side as well. I do admit, looks a bit good storywise but the title is the ultimate cheese bite.

Super Moderator

UK
    The stuff they removed was necessary, they had too many ideas and no ability to effectively implement them...I am gutted that they took out vehicles though.

Ah well, thunderstorms and rain ... at night ... whilst snooping around pitch black basements as those circling red warning lights whizz about, meanwhile the noise of nuclear-spawn circle around me ... hell-f*cking-yes ... no way will I be playing this game at night though ... although that's a flat out lie. I'll fire it up as I'll be addicted to it, then I'll regret it as I'll have trouble getting to sleep.

capncnut
    If it gets a good score, I'll probably give it a whirl myself. I really like the idea of radiated plantlife and animals. The game of The Thing had a system that when you buddies turn into a 'thing' it generates the creature randomly so it's different everytime. I wonder if they'll be using the same system with Stalker?
    Last edited by capncnut; 16-Mar-2007 at 12:22 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Your buddies don't really go all "Thing" on you in STALKER ... and sadly, that system, while nifty, wasn't implemented very well. Several times you'd test someone, they'd be clear, you'd cross a trigger point and they'd still bust out...

Not sure how the radiation system in STALKER works with NPCs, with you it takes your health down a bit if you swish past it, but if you're around it too long (like a radiation-soaked truck) then you'll get unreversible radiation poison and eventually die ... kinda nifty element.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Not sure how the radiation system in STALKER works with NPCs, with you it takes your health down a bit if you swish past it, but if you're around it too long (like a radiation-soaked truck) then you'll get unreversible radiation poison and eventually die...
    ...with an illuminous yellow nose.

The more I plough through the previews the more I'm getting to like it, I may have been hasty in my initial judgement. Still, the Roger Corman-like title has to go!

Super Moderator

UK
    What's wrong with "STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl"? ... better than "Oblivion Lost" which was the original sub-title...and hell yeah you barged in with your assumptions to fast, mister!

capncnut
    Yeah but with a name like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. they might as well have gone all the way and called it Invasion of the Radioactive Turds or summat. If the game Oblivion hadn't been released prior then Oblivion Lost would have been a far better choice. The game has been in production for so long now I wouldn't be surprised if that was the actual reason why it was changed.

Super Moderator

UK
    Shadow of Chernobyl makes more sense, especially as the nuclear plant is in the game itself, and you are playing 'in the shadow' of it.

Oblivion Lost makes no sense whatsoever. And "STALKER" relates to the movie and the book Roadside Picnic, so it's actually quite intelligent.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yous knows both themgames are gonne have mutant soldiers or something near the halfway point.
    ill be glad if they dont but thats radiation in gameing clihce' no.1.

capncnut
    Yeah but they took out the vehicles man. I would love to run those mutoids over, like Emil from Robocop.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, it was proper gheay that they took vehicles out, I hope they bring them back in, because you could go yomping around running monsters over.

Yes, there are zombie soldiers, those are the ones - the next stage if you will - after soldiers who've just gone flat out crazy, those are the ones who can still use their guns against you.

Hellsing, you're too jaded, lol.