Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ooh I wish I had the computer power to run this...(Crysis)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    damn straight i am, and i allways think everythigngs "a scam" but come on, did i call it or what?

Super Moderator

UK
    Call what? It's pretty easy to call, nuclear-shiv already makes mutations, you can't have a game about nuclear fallout disasters and not have mutations and crazy people all sicked-up and freaky-eyed.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    y'know i think if there was one like that coming out, it'd be the first.
    crazy mutants seem to be madatory huh?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    y'know i think if there was one like that coming out, it'd be the first.
    crazy mutants seem to be madatory huh?
    Well then that's STALKER, filled with mutants of all sorts and crazy and/or zombie STALKER's who've all gone mad (there's a great bit in a cinematic they keep dropping into trailers of a STALKER who's gone nuts, he's in an underground corridor, with merely one circling red warning light for illumination, he's panicked and glancing all around him ... creepy as shiite).

England
    Resurrecting an old thread here but as I was forced into upgrading my PC recently and am now running a Phenom II 955 quad core, GTX275, windows 7 64 bit, and 4GB DDR3 ram, I'm now able to fully max out Crysis 4 years after I bought the game! Just been playing through it tonight and its still pure eye candy after all this time, especially with all the lovely smoothing AA settings cranked right up which I've never been able to do up until now some parts of it are showing age a tad because I've noticed in newer games recently (like DN Forever) they seem to use different ways of rendering now which Crysis doesnt leaving some things looking a little too sharp, but damn its still gorgeous & the sound effects still rock! I'm hoping to finish it finally this week as previous hardware used to just cry and crash when I got to the final boss

Oh and anyone who ran this game on max settings back in '07 when it came out must have had some serious cash lying around to squeeze these settings out of the hardware around at the time!!! damn rich kids.....
    Last edited by Tricky; 25-Oct-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: 'cos I can...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Resurrecting an old thread here but as I was forced into upgrading my PC recently and am now running a Phenom II 955 quad core, GTX275, windows 7 64 bit, and 4GB DDR3 ram, I'm now able to fully max out Crysis 4 years after I bought the game! Just been playing through it tonight and its still pure eye candy after all this time, especially with all the lovely smoothing AA settings cranked right up which I've never been able to do up until now some parts of it are showing age a tad because I've noticed in newer games recently (like DN Forever) they seem to use different ways of rendering now which Crysis doesnt leaving some things looking a little too sharp, but damn its still gorgeous & the sound effects still rock! I'm hoping to finish it finally this week as previous hardware used to just cry and crash when I got to the final boss

Oh and anyone who ran this game on max settings back in '07 when it came out must have had some serious cash lying around to squeeze these settings out of the hardware around at the time!!! damn rich kids.....
    Yeah back in 07 I had this small form PC that ran a GTS 8600 256mb gfx card - it was a good dx9 machine - but when Crysis came out with DX10 it totally destroyed my system.

Now my system maxes out any game there is so I'd love to get this one going again and see it in all its glory...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.