Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't understand the concept of beauty these days..

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, but one can picky themselves into a life alone.
    More sense from the guru!

Totally, back at uni there was this girl I was friends with and I spent like the latter two years of the three that we were in class together (we were both doing the same degree) swinging back and forth. One minute I was totally up for it and gonna ask her out, then the next day I'd be all cooled off on her, then I'd be all heated up again, then cooled off and this shiite went on with me for two years like I was saying, and it bugged the shiite out of me.

Anyway, time just kept slipping by, as it usually does when you're at uni and you think that time goes on forever, and then before I knew it uni was over. Then I saw her at graduation, and she was all spruced up and looked so damn hot and we took a picture together and I was just like "dude, you're such a f*cking indecisive numpty"...*sigh*...

After having been burned before going to uni, that made me all indecisive and cautious and I could never make my mind up, and now I just regret it cos I was such an idiot. We still keep in touch, but I found it really hard to read her, as I duno, kinda got the impression she might have been similarly indecisive back at me, so if that was the case, we were both mutually indecisive and anyway, I lost out, and that's something I'd definitely change if I could go back in time and give my previous self some advice - I'd say get off your indecisive ass already!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Thanks! Aw shucks

Yeah, but one can picky themselves into a life alone.
    Good to be suave. I have hard girls tell me I am "unnaturally smooth". But I just spit out what I think about their good qualities and worry if I look dumb later. Who doesnt like an honest compliment? Dont lay it on too thick though, or you look like an ass.
    Its an old saw but If you want a girl to like you, notice when they change their hair or get a new blouse or whatever. Works like a charm. If it works on The Flintstones it can work for you
    aaaaaaah now you are sounding like my husband, he had some smooth moves let me tell ya!
    You do have a silver tongue(right words)...watch out on that I got my husband on that silver tongue and smooth moves some girl will get you too!LOL

England
    Im not all that suave really,im actually quite shy and a bit of a geek,but im forever getting compliments when im on nights out purely because of how i look doesnt send me on an ego trip though,just makes me blush

Super Moderator

UK
    Isn't anyone gonna give me a virtual hug and some internet sympathy after my heart-wrenching story of male indecision?

*does a Kevin-Smith-doing-Ben-Affleck-in-Jersey-Girl impression* (Evening With Kevin Smith 2 viewers will know what I mean)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    you didnt happen to want to be a dancer in vegas did ya?

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Since when is it 'chic' to look like you're going through a horrible heorin addiction or withdraw?
    I *think* Heroin Chic- that emaciated look you described- has been fashionable since the late 70s/ early 80s (I think). Not nice.

Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    My wife is no model by any stretch of the imagination, but I can't imagine a more beautiful person to spend my life with.
    Awwwww. That's so nice <3 I like reading things like this

Quote Originally Posted by El_Hooligan View Post
    I boned a 90 lbs. girl in high school. I felt like I was boning a skeleton. It seriously hurt.
    It *hurt*?? How? Why? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    kelly brook figure for the win?you better believe it
    I would kill small children to have her figure!

The exception is when you grow to like someone becasue you have contact with them over a long period, then you think
    "I never realized how beautiful they are".
    They still look the same, its just your perception and appreciation thats changed.
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I actually got a bit choked up reading all your comments. This is such a nice board!

I have hard girls tell me I am "unnaturally smooth".
    Lol! Your smoothness is trickling out of the monitor a bit, I must say

Its an old saw but If you want a girl to like you, notice when they change their hair or get a new blouse or whatever. Works like a charm.
    I can vouch to everyone (MZ in particular!) that this is absolutely 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    if I could go back in time and give my previous self some advice - I'd say get off your indecisive ass already!
    At least it's well sunk in for next time Next time you meet someone, remember that 2 years at uni and get in there (possibly after consulting with coma... lmao).

(I'm only teasing, coma )
    Last edited by Chic Freak; 14-Mar-2007 at 08:25 PM.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    you didnt happen to want to be a dancer in vegas did ya?
    *sigh*

You know, everything doesn't need to be a post-count-notching-up quip, you know ... take a chill pill ... quality, not quantity.

Yeah I'm kinda worked up right now, but I was being totally serious and baring some reality on the board...

Coma, Chic - I'm gonna have to start paying attention to shiite like that...

I'm one of those guys that thinks something really smooth and suave in my head, but either:

A) Doesn't say it
    B) Thinks of it a few hours later

Connecting my mouth to my inner suavity isn't exactly something I've mastered yet...grrr...

Ya damn straight though Chic, next time I've got that in mind for future reference ... ... watch me f*ck it up another way, guaranteed ... some blokes are just totally rubbish.

Which reminds me, girls who are forward and sometimes take control of things is really hot...

Kazakhstan
    yeah good going guys, now she thinks were a bunch of fags.
    we need a "best faces of death video" thread, stat.

here's some hardcoreness to redeem this thread

"Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

England
    @ liams post
    That bottom pic just needs seagal or van dammes head on it and a couple of helicopters or humvees

United Kingdom
    I'm one of those guys that thinks something really smooth and suave in my head, but either:

A) Doesn't say it

Connecting my mouth to my inner suavity isn't exactly something I've mastered yet...grrr...

Ya damn straight though Chic, next time I've got that in mind for future reference ... ... watch me f*ck it up another way, guaranteed ... some blokes are just totally rubbish.

Which reminds me, girls who are forward and sometimes take control of things is really hot...
    I'm the same, the most un-smooth person ever, but in my experience it either a) hasn't mattered because most blokes assume it's up to them to make the first move anyway or b) my slightly deranged quirkiness has turned out to be attractive in itself... or at least made me stand out

Seriously though, try not to get down on yourself. Maybe if you got to know yourself better, you'd feel more centered and confident. Not meaning to turn this into a therapy session or anything- but my personal advice would be to try to find yourself more, it can really make you feel a lot more settled and secure in yourself, which is incidentally a very attractive quality.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Super Moderator

UK
    *joins Tricky in the laughter*

Well played, Clerk ... er ... Liam.

See, this is the problem with being a guy (I actually just mis-typed that as "gay" ), you let one emotional thought/feeling out the bag, then the barb wire seal on the burlap-man-emotion-sack is torn asunder and you get all torrential until a fellow chap goes all Die Hard on us to round us back up into the emotionally-redundant fenced-off zone (like a dog barking sheep into a pen).

England

There we go,clawing some man points back

Super Moderator

UK
    *tries to figure out how he's going to find himself under all this laziness*

*tries to claw back some bloke-respect too*

no wait ... I did that wrong...er...

That's more like it...

Nope, wait, some inner non-blokey-ness is still seeping through the gate...someone grab that padlock!

Nope ... missed it again ... wait ... wait...

AHHH!!! I've completely lost it...

oh I give up...

Kazakhstan

"Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Undisclosed

A) Doesn't say it

I'm one of those guys that thinks of something really smooth and suave in my head.
    Then says it.
    But then I compulsively follows it up with something like this.
    "Nah Im just fooling, if you got in a horrible car accident tommorrow and died, more than likely I wouldnt care."

christ whats wrong with me....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!