Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More UK newspaper givaways

capncnut
    Why the hell did they put Flowers In The Attic on the list? The film sucks man, it shouldn't have been included.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Why the hell did they put Flowers In The Attic on the list? The film sucks man, it shouldn't have been included.
    I'd never even heard of it, still don't know what it is, I just can't even be bothered to take my own advice and Google it.

capncnut
    It's like a story about a family that are held captive in a loft by some tyrannical woman or something. Really didn't do much for me and it's FAR from a horror classic.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    oh that piece of crap thats on the horror channel all the time?, thats terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    lol, no chapters?! ROFLCHOPPER!!!
    man once my film prof was all pissed cus a special edition dvd he bought, adn showed the class in a tirade asid "special features: feature presentaion and menu screen"
    Last edited by Danny; 20-May-2007 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, ah mate I hate it when they list "interactive menu" and "chapters" as 'special features' - er, no ... they're format standards.

I'd have more respect if they'd just own up and say "alright, we've got sh*t all...if this is Region 2, go get the Region 1 as it undoubtedly has more features than us!"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ah mate I hate it when they list "interactive menu" and "chapters" as 'special features' - er, no ... they're format standards.
    See Zombie Diaries thread.

You know what else I hate, man? When they do a barebones disc one (film with commentary) but mysteriously decide to put a small amount of extras on a second disc when it could all fit on one. The recent re-releases of Day and Martin were just like that. Martin being the worst 'cos the second disc is only a poxy little 35 minute documentary and that's it!

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah fook me mate, tell me about it with that Martin DVD, I specifically rented the second disc online a while back - FECKIN' NOTHING ON THERE! WHY???!!!

Either put the effort in and pay someone like me to make a full on doc so I can meet my filmmaking heroes ... or put up and shut up and own up, mate - BOSHTY!

capncnut
    F**kin' right an' all, mah sahn. Check this aht for an absolute pisstake.

Jackie Chan - Master With Cracked Fingers 'special' features:
    * Widescreen transfer
    * 2.0 Dolby sound
    * English language
    * Theatrical trailer
    * Stills gallery
    * Chapter select
    * Jackie Chan trailers x3
    * Interactive menus

Eight special features that mean jacks**t to me. C'mon, not even an original soundtrack or commentary and they got the bollocks to charge a tenner for it (it has since come down to a fiver). Tight bastards!
    Last edited by capncnut; 15-Jun-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    It really is pathetic isn't it? Just own up to it, geez!

"Motion menus" are likewise, not special features!

At least the utterly vanilla "Motel Hell" DVD I've got doesn't pretend. It barely has a use for a menu!

capncnut
    I had a PS2 magazine dvd once that when you went into 'previews' it had no main menu option, you had to re-set it to continue. LOL, serious pirates at work out there.