Thread: Since we are all celebrating remake after remake, here's yet another

Dead

Undisclosed

Since we are all celebrating remake after remake, here's yet another

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/8406

Alright, when you are remaking a movie like this it almost makes you think George Lucas was brilliant by re-tooling his own movies rather than remaking them...or not.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well at least that isn't such a huge, high profile remake...it's known, but not huge.

Kazakhstan
    lol, no one cares if pirahna gets remade though.

does this mean there will be a lower eschelon of crappy remakes?

pirahna... critters 3, that sorta thing
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

UK
    Now this is the thing - remaking a crappy movie, hell yeah, you can actually improve on the foundation. But remaking Dawn? You can't improve on perfection, same with TCM and so forth, it's just daft.

I keep saying it, but - Drive-in Massacre - utterly turd movie, but ripe for being remade to make a good movie out of it (or at least a better movie), and what with Grindhouse coming out, perhaps a remake of Drive-in Massacre (or a *sigh* "reworking/reimagination") would be kinda 'of the moment'.

Roll on James Cameron's new 3-D craze I say, I'd rather see 3-D versions of old movies, rather than new versions of old movies.

capncnut
    It's nice to see Aja going in the right direction.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Maybe this is the answer to our prayers...

Maybe this film will cost alot and UTTERLY FLOP! rendering remakes obsolete!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Maybe this is the answer to our prayers...

Maybe this film will cost alot and UTTERLY FLOP! rendering remakes obsolete!
    That'd be rather sweet, Ned...

I personally really dug his remake of Hills Have Eyes, I really did, because the source material wasn't sh*t hot in the first place for one thing.

Anyway, Aja is a cool guy I reckon, but I hope he's not going to make a thing out of this - remaking movies I mean. I'd like to see him do another original flick, because High Tension/Switchblade Romance was utterly fantastic.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'd like to see him do another original flick, because High Tension/Switchblade Romance was utterly fantastic.

I've heard alot of good things about that flick but still haven't gotten around to see it. Is it worth a purchase?

Super Moderator

UK
    High Tension/Switchblade Romance is definitely worth picking up I say. I really enjoyed it, and there were some excellent moments, like the novel use of a staircase and a chest of drawers.

Especially worthwhile as it's one of the very few French horror films out there, and what's also better is - the DVD has both the original language and dubbed versions (and the dubbed version is GOOD, so you can enjoy watching the horror, rather than getting distracted by reading the freakin' movie )

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I've heard alot of good things about that flick but still haven't gotten around to see it. Is it worth a purchase?
    Yes, amazing movie. Phillipe Nahon is one of the creepiest bad guys you will ever see on screen.