Thread: "COLORS" Dawn reference?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

"COLORS" Dawn reference?

In the movie Colors at the end of the car chase scene, when both cars flip, there is a music cue which completely sounds like a Dawn cue (I know it's not exactly one but it sounds inspired by) and then a black cop goes over to the car and says "Jesus Christ" exactly like the black soldier does when he opens the door/window thing in the basement of the apartment building in Dawn.

If you have this movie, go check it out. I honestly believe it's an awesome subtle homage to Dawn.

capncnut
    Interesting, I'll have to dig it out and have a ganders.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    In the movie Colors at the end of the car chase scene, when both cars flip, there is a music cue which completely sounds like a Dawn cue (I know it's not exactly one but it sounds inspired by) and then a black cop goes over to the car and says "Jesus Christ" exactly like the black soldier does when he opens the door/window thing in the basement of the apartment building in Dawn.

If you have this movie, go check it out. I honestly believe it's an awesome subtle homage to Dawn.
    Dennis Hopper directed and maybe he wasnt lying when he said he was a huge GAR fan. Ive seen Colors a million times and never noticed, will check nest time.

Best part? When the dusted Gangbanger tries to pork the stuffed bunny. (one of the wayans btw)
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Dennis Hopper directed and maybe he wasnt lying when he said he was a huge GAR fan. Ive seen Colors a million times and never noticed, will check nest time.

Best part? When the dusted Gangbanger tries to pork the stuffed bunny. (one of the wayans btw)
    Yeah, COLORS is one of my favorite movies. I've seen it a lot of times before finally catching the Dawn thing last night.

Yeah, that is one of my favorite parts, too! Hillarious!