Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Randy Rhoads RIP

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    i remember when he died
    it was just a bad thing all around
    It was shocking because of the terrible way he died, Ozzy even admits that the name itself Randy Rhoads is enough to make him cry like a baby. The early 80's was a terrible time for metallers 'cos like a year or so later we lost Phil Lynott, who was one of my all time heroes. I loved the guy so much that even my mother glanced at me and asked "are you okay?" 'cos she knew how much he meant to me. Man, just as I was startin' out, all my heroes were dropping like flies.
    Last edited by capncnut; 24-Mar-2007 at 01:26 AM.

United States
    the song " you said it all"
    that was left off the blizzard album
    and for some reason not put on diary
    is an awesome song that shows
    even the throwaway stuff by randi
    is way better than the stuff other bands
    put out as singles

i remember when he died
    Amen, kortick.

"You Said It All" and a song called "You Looking At Me" were on the Mr. Crowley "Live" picture disc I have from years ago. Too bad I don't have a turntable to play it on anymore.

I thought those two songs were just as strong as anything else Ozzy offered on his RR era-albums. Indeed, his 'throw aways' were better than most mainstream singles nowadays.

Of course, like I said in the shoutbox: The reason why the "mainstream" is compared to a "stream" is because it's so shallow.

LC

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Amen, kortick.

"You Said It All" and a song called "You Looking At Me" were on the Mr. Crowley "Live" picture disc I have from years ago. Too bad I don't have a turntable to play it on anymore.

I thought those two songs were just as strong as anything else Ozzy offered on his RR era-albums. Indeed, his 'throw aways' were better than most mainstream singles nowadays.

LC
    YES!
    I have that picture disc! Bit I have a turntable. And I am going to pit that one now.
    Thanks for reminding me. God, thats a great one!

i remember when he died
    John Bonham then Randy. That sucked
    Last edited by coma; 23-Mar-2007 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Kazakhstan
    you can get that "you lookin at me lookin at you" tune on cd if you buy the sh!tty remastered edition of blizzard...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    you can get that "you lookin at me lookin at you" tune on cd if you buy the sh!tty remastered edition of blizzard...
    I will personally slap anyone who buys that sh*tty remastered crap.

I still to this day cannot believe that Sharon was shallow enough to do this just because she didn't want to pay royalties to Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake. I also cannot believe Ozzy let her do it - not that he has much say in his life anymore, but considering his emotional attachment to Randy and his history with him... it's just unreal.

Liam - yeah, that Mr. Cowley Live picture disc was awesome. Wanna lend me your record player?

United States
    I will personally slap anyone who buys that sh*tty remastered crap.

I still to this day cannot believe that Sharon was shallow enough to do this just because she didn't want to pay royalties to Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake. I also cannot believe Ozzy let her do it - not that he has much say in his life anymore, but considering his emotional attachment to Randy and his history with him... it's just unreal.

Liam - yeah, that Mr. Cowley Live picture disc was awesome. Wanna lend me your record player?
    I got a lot of 70s 80s metal on Vinyl including the 4 Ozzy?randy records. I would lend you my tablel, but postage might be prohibitive.

What are you talking about, the renmastered thing? Did they remove the original tracks and replace them? Thats NOT remastering.
    Reminds me of that asswipe Alan whateverhisnameis who raped Jimis postumous catalouge going as far as WIPING ORIGINAL TRACKS. Whatta dick!

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    I got a lot of 70s 80s metal on Vinyl including the 4 Ozzy?randy records. I would lend you my tablel, but postage might be prohibitive.
    Well, ya can't blame me for tryin' and askin'..

What are you talking about, the renmastered thing? Did they remove the original tracks and replace them? Thats NOT remastering.
    Reminds me of that asswipe Alan whateverhisnameis who raped Jimis postumous catalouge going as far as WIPING ORIGINAL TRACKS. Whatta dick!
    Coma - you didn't hear about this sh*t? Man, the stripped off the bass and drum tracks off Blizzard and Diary and replaced them with other musicians (can't remember who right now, but I don't really give a fu*k, it's blasphemy either way and tarnishes the legacy of Randy's recording history) so they didn't have to pay royalties to Bob & Lee. If I were that drummer and bassist, I would've told Sharon to go f*ck herself regardless of how much she was willing to pay.

It was triggered because Bob & Lee sued the osbournes for royalties they never got paid from the Blizzard/Diary era, so how does Sharon retaliate? Like a fu*king child, that's how - as usual (Iron Maiden incident on Ozzfest anyone? How typical)

I'm awful glad I still have my original records and cd's of Blizzard & Diary. Otherwise, sometime in the near future, they may be impossible to get a hold of. Randy's probably pissed off as all hell right now wherever he is.

...and you're right, that's not remastering, that's re-recording.

United States
    Well, ya can't blame me for tryin' and askin'..

Coma - you didn't hear about this sh*t? Man, the stripped off the bass and drum tracks off Blizzard and Diary and replaced them with other musicians (can't remember who right now, but I don't really give a fu*k, it's blasphemy either way and tarnishes the legacy of Randy's recording history) so they didn't have to pay royalties to Bob & Lee. If I were that drummer and bassist, I would've told Sharon to go f*ck herself regardless of how much she was willing to pay.

It was triggered because Bob & Lee sued the osbournes for royalties they never got paid from the Blizzard/Diary era, so how does Sharon retaliate? Like a fu*king child, that's how - as usual (Iron Maiden incident on Ozzfest anyone? How typical)

I'm awful glad I still have my original records and cd's of Blizzard & Diary. Otherwise, sometime in the near future, they may be impossible to get a hold of. Randy's probably pissed off as all hell right now wherever he is.

...and you're right, that's not remastering, that's re-recording.
    total news to me. I Dl'd it, so it goes unlistened I guess.Sacrilege!
    That is wack as hell. I just looked it up and they had Robert Trujillo and the drummer, they were both in Ozzys band at the time, and my guess is that they were strong armed into it. They probably loved the record as much as us. I have been stuck participating in things I found embarrasing

The thing I read said Sharon said they were assholes for, what i assume, demanding writing credit and royalties fro what they did. Apparently quite a bit of writing! (and damn fine writing too)
    Maybe thats why Bark of the Moon on are basically lame. Ozzy cant write a song for s**t and didnt write his lyrics for Sabbath either. Bark at the moon was a total falloff and I always wondered why. Thought it was Randy, but I guess it was the whole band. That rare magic where people click. Sorry, not so into Zack Wylde's ozzy work.

Sharon is a spoiled trust fund type who never did anything creative ever. They are usually the types who **** on masterpieces. I dont blame Oz. He's in a pretty bad state and seems kind of helpless. Dont know anything about the Maiden incident, but I can guess she did something awful.

Thank God I still have my vinyl! I actually got Blizz and Diary from an older kid who was aghast that I never heard them at the time. Diary was brand new and he gave me them both. Thanks George! I personally think Diary is even greater than blizzard. You cant kill Rock and Roll is one of my all time tunes PERIOD.

I have to thank Liam for this thread. I havent touched those records in years and I am going to OD on the Blizzard band now. Wheres my bong?

I remeber the day RR died. I was in Junior high and all the Stoner/Metal kids stayed together in the back of classes and commiserated on the great loss. Was quite a blow to us young Metalheads who barely understood death
    Last edited by coma; 23-Mar-2007 at 06:11 PM.

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Sharon is a spoiled trust fund type who never did anything creative ever. They are usually the types who **** on masterpieces. I dont blame Oz. He's in a pretty bad state and seems kind of helpless. Dont know anything about the Maiden incident, but I can guess she did something awful.
    OMG, you didn't hearwhat this C U (i)N Toronto did?

check this out: Iron Maiden pelted with eggs while performing by Sharon Osbourne and others during Ozzfest

While I don't agree with some of Bruce Dickinsons' rants, there is NO REASON to screw up a concert when people paid big bucks to see them on Ozzfest. Save the bitching and sh*t for after the show.

Thank God I still have my vinyl! I actually got Blizz and Diary from an older kid who was aghast that I never heard them at the time. Diary was brand new and he gave me them both. Thanks George! I personally think Diary is even greater than blizzard. You cant kill Rock and Roll is one of my all time tunes PERIOD.
    *nods in full agreement*

I have to thank Liam for this thread. I havent touched those records in years and I am going to OD on the Blizzard band now. Wheres my bong?
    *cough* it's right over here.. *coughs again* Clean that thing out, it's giving harsh hits.

I remeber the day RR died. I was in Junior high and all the Stoner/Metal kids stayed together in the back of classes and commiserated on the great loss. Was quite a blow to us young Metalheads who barely understood death

I remember it too, although I was what, 11? 1982. -sigh- seems so long ago.. anyway, yes, I remember being CRUSHED by the news and I was very young!

Randy was the reason I started studying guitar as intensly as I did, so it was horrible news to hear about his death.

LC
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 23-Mar-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Kazakhstan
    me and hpotd user thearabianmage are tru ozzy/randy acolytes, have spent many a late night tokin away listening to those 3 albums...

if you think the blizzard/diary redubs were bad, wait till you hear the bruce dickinson remix of the bark at the moon...seriously...its advertised as a remaster...but it's a remix, i'm telling you...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

capncnut

It was triggered because Bob & Lee sued the Osbournes for royalties they never got paid from the Blizzard/Diary era, so how does Sharon retaliate? Like a fu*king child, that's how - as usual (Iron Maiden incident on Ozzfest anyone?

While I don't agree with some of Bruce Dickinsons' rants, there is NO REASON to screw up a concert when people paid big bucks to see them on Ozzfest. Save the bitching and sh*t for after the show.
    Totally agree, Sharon Osbourne is a parasitic little c**t, end of. Her father is Don Arden, who sold Ozzy for a measly mill and pulled a gun on The Small Faces when he managed them years ago so what do you expect?
    Last edited by capncnut; 24-Mar-2007 at 01:36 AM.