Thread: need help locating dawn of the dead

Undisclosed

need help locating dawn of the dead

ok, here is my problem, i bought the 4 disk box set of dawn of the dead a while back, i have moved and can not locate one of the disks. i have the european version, the theatrical cut, and the bonus extras disk, i am missing the extended version. i do not want to buy the entire box set again just to get the extended version, what i need to know is what dvd is considered the extended version. wich single version dvd that has been released would be the extended version that was released with the box set, i would rather get the single dvd than buy the entire box set again, any help you guys can give me would be great. thanks.

capncnut
    The extended version is 139 minutes long, that's the best place to start. If it has the following extras then you know you have the right one.

• Widescreen Presentation (1.85 :1) enhanced for 16x9 TVs
    • Audio Commentary with Producer Richard P. Rubinstein, moderated by DVD Producer Perry Martin
    • Monroeville Mall Commercial
    • Behind-the-Scenes Photo Gallery, Memorabilia Gallery, Production Stills
    • Original Mono

United States
    That's a real bummer. Hope you find it...I have the same box set.

capncnut
    Yeah man, good luck.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Blasphemous... Losing a Disc from the sacred Ultimate set. Shame, bad HPOTD member, shame shame. In all seriousness, sucks you lost your disc. I have been looking for my Scarface 20th anniversary edition DVD for 2 years now. I know I still have it but when I moved from Baltimore, to Gaithersburg I don't rmember which box i packed it in, and believe it or not even after buying a house I still haven't unpack all the boxes yet.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Have you considered contacting Anchor Bay Entertainment? Perhaps you could order just that one replacement disk?

http://www.anchorbayentertainment.co...?p=FAQ_Problem

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed
    You could try eBay. I know I broke the main disc 1 on my Casablanca DVD set and got a buck or two for the extras disc. Maybe soemone will sell off the discs individually. If course, that would have been more likely when it first came out...

United States

Can't help you there, but just remember for next time...

...keep all of your discs in the original packaging, not only for this problem, but also to prevent disc scratching.

That is one thing I hate, especially when buying used video games, half the time there is no instructions or even no box!

I don't buy those with no box, but sometimes you don't realize it doesn't have instructions and then you can usually find them on ebay. (I just recently purchased the Tengen version of 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom' game for the NES which included everything for $4.99 (box, manual, etc.), but the manual was messed up. So I bought a replacement manual from another guy on ebay!)

Good luck in finding that disc one way or another though!

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]