check your listings theres still some days left in this months block
    I think it must be heavily edited

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongholio View Post
    last week
    maybe on again?
    check your listings theres still some days left in this months block
    I think it must be heavily edited
    Actually there was a very recent thread on this.
    And, no, TCM does not edit any movies for content or length ever.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    looked back 2 pages lots
    of luck it did me sorry
    didnt look like a hot topic
    maybe I wasnt watching the ending (all I managed to catch dang) good I been very occupied with affairs
    they removed the naked black army dude some?
    I dunno looked like that to me
    Last edited by Bongholio; 26-Mar-2007 at 10:55 PM.

United States
    I dont remember any naked soldier at all.
    And heres the link to the thread. ender dead discussion. Probably why you couldnt find it

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ead.php?t=5855

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Still, The Crazies is a top film and worthy of commenting on whenever a thread appears. Not that I have anything to comment on in particular.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive yet to see ti, its allways on at the time when something i cant miss is on at the sme time, bummer , i want to see this.

capncnut
    The DVD is worth getting man, there's only a few extras but the commentary is top notch. Should only be about a tenner in Virgin or HMV. Quite a shocking film when seen for the first time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i doubt it, the only two things in film to ever full on shock me (and ive seen stuff like i spit on your grave) is the woman being tortured in takeshi miikes imprint and the one shot ,no cut grief scene in funny games, i dare you to whatch that and not get freaked, i double dare ya mother fu- sorry, watching pulp fiction while i type this

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i doubt it, the only two things in film to ever full on shock me (and ive seen stuff like i spit on your grave) is the woman being tortured in takeshi miikes imprint and the one shot ,no cut grief scene in funny games, i dare you to whatch that and not get freaked, i double dare ya mother fu- sorry, watching pulp fiction while i type this
    MPD Psycho was the biggety bomb!
    Last edited by capncnut; 27-Mar-2007 at 03:09 PM.

Undisclosed
    The torture scene in Imprint was hilarious. Ugly short woman barking and black teeth. Funny movie.

United States
    The Crazies is a harsh film. My only complaint about the Romero version is the 70's music. Still it's a great idea for a film

Trixie virus driving the entire town insane. Gas mask wearing soldiers waking people in the middle of the night and taking them from their homes at gunpoint. Anyone that is suspected of being infected with the highly contagious virus that runs or resists is shot on sight. The authorities try to hold containment before the virus spreads. Some townsfolk resist while others are driven mad by the agent...

Can see why there is interest in a remake.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I recorded it the other night and finally got to watch it. Definitely classic Romero.

Possible spoiler:

One thing that had me puzzled(keep in mind that I've seen it only once) was that the soldiers continue to wear gas masks throughout the film even though they know that it's spreading by water. Did I miss something?

Just wanted to add that I loved the certain moments of really shocking stuff that Romero added in like the preacher setting himself on fire, the man screwing his daughter(the editing in that scene was great), etc.

United States
    Answer to Bassman311's question

While the initial disease vector is through the towns water supply, later on crowding everyone into the high school only increases the number of infected. Codename Trixie is highly contagious. This implys a secondary method of infection besides through the water supply. Perhaps it's airborne or spread through contact with the sweat or blood of an infected person. Note the ultraviolet lights set up in the doorways in the town clinic.

While David appears to be immune during the last part of the film, I still wonder if in fact he is immune or a 'Typhoid Mary' type of plague carrier who doesn't get sick himself but carries the disease and infects other.
    Last edited by Eyebiter; 27-Mar-2007 at 04:18 PM.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Its not that kind of shocking. Not shock value tricks or gore/violence. More situational.

I spit on your grave and Mothers Day are both depraved. I cant imagine enjoying either of those. I hate rape movies. Those are shocking becasue of exploitation, not from actual creative content. More like "Lets show a REALLY long gang bang with crying". I dont ever want to see that stuff.

If you are a true GAR fan you owe it to yourself to see this film. Its in the tradition of Night, Martin, Dawn and Knightriders, the 70s editing, film stock look and style,character types and treatment of subject matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Answer to Bassman311's question

While the initial disease vector is through the towns water supply, later on crowding everyone into the high school only increases the number of infected. Codename Trixie is highly contagious. This implys a secondary method of infection besides through the water supply. Perhaps it's airborne or spread through contact with the sweat or blood of an infected person. Note the ultraviolet lights set up in the doorways in the town clinic.

While David appears to be immune during the last part of the film, I still wonder if in fact he is immune or a 'Typhoid Mary' type of plague carrier who doesn't get sick himself but carries the disease and infects other.
    In response to either of those I have to say that is why I love GARs movies. There is always things to think on and discuss. Rather than "why was that scene so stupid" you think "I wonder what he meant by that' giving birth to hundreds of threads on HPOTD
    Last edited by coma; 27-Mar-2007 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers