Thread: this cant be right, surely?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

this cant be right, surely?

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6168087....stnews;title;4

if it is, great for sony, but does anyone on here know a birtish guy/gal who bought one?, i just dont think the ps3 could sell 6 digits worth of consoles in 24 hours if the wii and 360 cimbined didnt come close, that roughly makes £75,000,000, now my math must be wrong surely, theres no way that the ps3 did that well, also theis hasnt been on any other gameing sites i visit, and gamepost did get a lot of hate mail lately about being in bill gates pocket.

god im paranoid, but this time i think its justified.

Canada
    time will tell

I think it spin doctors myself aka, shipped to actual sold ... if the news is correct most of the shipped are still sitting on the shelf .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    but does anyone on here know a birtish guy/gal who bought one?
    I know at least a dozen people, my brother included, who bought one and are very happy with it.

Just becuase there's alot of haters on here...

England
    I know someone who got one last week and il be getting a go on it next weekend i also know quite a few people who want one,but are holding off for a price drop.I reckon when it gets to £300-£350 il start considering...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I know someone who got one last week and il be getting a go on it next weekend i also know quite a few people who want one,but are holding off for a price drop.I reckon when it gets to £300-£350 il start considering...
    I Was having this debate with my brother the other night and i honestly dont think the price is going to drop fast.. you have to remember what your paying for, i mean the technology is the PS3 isnt even available in PC's yet.. plus you have the blue-ray player built it... if you want a HD-DVD player on your 360 your gonna have to splash out a extra £130 on a new drive for it, which coupled with the price of the premium pack, puts it in the same sort of area as the PS3, if you want to buy a stand alone blue ray or HD-DVD player your looking at least twice that price, if you think about it, the price of the PS3 is really good and i dont think sony will be lowering it in a hurry.

England
    The thing is who can afford it?im a 25 year old in a fairly well paid job so i just about can,but such as at xmas when kids are asking their parents for a PS3,only the rich will fork out nearly £500 for the console with a game (and even the 360 is expensive as well,so im not fighting in microsofts corner here).When i was a kid my parents wouldnt have shelled out that much for a console,it was a lot to ask when i got my PS1 a year after launch at £200!I suppose consoles now are aimed at older gamers anyway,seen as most games have 18 ratings,but its still a lot to pay if your only on minimum wage or have other things to pay out on like a car,flat/house,social life etc

capncnut
    if it is, great for sony, but does anyone on here know a birtish guy/gal who bought one?, i just dont think the ps3 could sell 6 digits worth of consoles in 24 hours if the wii and 360 cimbined didnt come close, that roughly makes £75,000,000, now my math must be wrong surely, theres no way that the ps3 did that well, also theis hasnt been on any other gameing sites i visit, and gamepost did get a lot of hate mail lately about being in bill gates pocket.
    I agree Hellz, I think it's a load of old fabricated tripe. I too don't know a single person who bought one and most of my pals are all gamers. My local GameStation, Game, Virgin and HMV all have P$3's on their shelves. It's a lie and there's no way it outsold the P$2 on launch, no f**king way Jose!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just the sheer fact aht it sold more than the wii and the 360, which was a total sellout, yet you can still walk in at any time of the day and just say "can i have a ps3 please?" and get one is just proff it aint sales, gotta be units shipped.
    dont get me wrong i aint a guy whos hating the console just for it being a sony, ive been a little tempted to buy one, yes the alure of the dark side is strong, but i dont really need to post the reason why again, but there more valid than just fanboy hatin'

capncnut
    just the sheer fact aht it sold more than the wii and the 360, which was a total sellout, yet you can still walk in at any time of the day and just say "can i have a ps3 please?"...
    If $ony made 20,000 P$3's available and 17,000 were sold, then it's gonna be rated as a success but I just don't see how it can be the biggest UK console launch ever? I walked past CEX the other day and they had 2nd hand P$3's for the regular price, when the 360 was launched they were 700 notes in CEX 2nd hand 'cos they were that hard to get a hold of. Yeah, it reeks of something, I can't put my finger... oh yeah, it's bulls**t.
    Last edited by capncnut; 28-Mar-2007 at 09:36 AM.