Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Dead : Special Edition 2 Disc DVD released today (27th Mar)

United States

Why do you keep buying them then?

I mean, maybe not you in general, but why does everyone keep buying the re-re-re-releases and they won't keep doing this.

It is obvious that they are making money hand over fist from people who just has to have every new copy that comes out, and why?

It pi$$e$ me off as well that they release a movie on dvd with a few extras, then two months later they release a director's cut, then six months later they release an extended special edition, and a year later they release an anniversity version, but it happens because we are all tools.

Look at Warner Bros. They release two versions on the same day now, a one disc really no extras for like normal retail price and a two-disc special edition for twice as much and act like they are doing you a favor. Baloney.

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

I agree...

I agree! I don't go back and buy the next version when they come out cause I would rather not spend $20-30 for the re-release and buy another movie that I don't have. Heck I have DVD's I haven't watched the extra's on yet.

I am not saying anyone who would buy the re-release is wrong just I don't understand why they keep re-releasing movies.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Why gripe about the cover... I think it kicks major ass. I like it better than the US 2 disc set which has Bub on it and is yellow. I think the UK edition is much better.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by glazedoverdead
    Just wondering...what's with the semi-naked soldier avatar?

If you want full frontal soldier images ... try another website

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRoseRomeo
    Second...what the difference of this one from the 2 disk version I have now I wonder? Mine is the one with Bub's face on the front flap that velcrows down.
    I'm pretty sure this is the Region 2 Special Edition. The one you're talking about is Region 1.

I noticed this one has a different commentary than the other. I would like to hear this....

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeh right, because hands clawing at a piece of glass against a white background has never been done before...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    Maybe so...but why should GAR have to?
    So you "could care less about the man", except when you want to (falsely) give him credit for marketing plagiarism....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRoseRomeo
    Not to spoil anyones fun here but what is it with the dvd re-releases? I know they ar jnust trying to make money and all but why does it seem they keep re-releasing DVD's with more and more stuff on them? Its like This month the release the regular version...2 months later its the ultra version...2 months later its the super duper delux version...ARG! Why not just sell the extra stuff on its on DVD so people that have the movie and don't want to own 3-4 copies of it can get the stuff.

Second...what the difference of this one from the 2 disk version I have now I wonder? Mine is the one with Bub's face on the front flap that velcrows down.
    From what I can tell, it's got an fx commentary the other one doesn't. I'll pass.
    Last edited by Harold W Brown; 28-Mar-2006 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned User

United States
    So you "could care less about the man", except when you want to (falsely) give him credit for marketing plagiarism....
    What does one have to do with the other?

I have no feelings whatsoever for GAR, personally...but anyone with a pair of eyes can see what probably inspired the new Day cover.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    If you want full frontal soldier images ... try another website
    lol...funny guy...

You know...your new avatar makes me want to give you a new screen name too. Maybe I should start calling you SGT. Johnson Little....or even better, CPL. Willie Limpskins, the soldier who couldn't stand at attention!!

Roger that!?
    Now, if you want to have a good time and you need some p@*$y...you can cut that chicken's head off...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    Looks like ol' moss back George is just riding on Zack's coattails, now!
    George Romero probably had nothing to do with the cover atrwork for this DVD. Blame the graphic designer for the unoriginality.

United States
    most directors don't have a say in how the one-sheet posters turn out. They're usually too busy doing other more important things to finish the film than think of how the poster should look. Well, unless you're Kubrick, Spielberg and Scorcese who're notorious for wanting to have a say in every aspect of their film.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    erm waht does that have that the trilogy of the dead box set doesnt?.

Fresh Meat

England

now up at dvd compare

uk spec edition release up at dvd compare here......

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=677

review of uk releases here..

http://www.therewindforums.co.uk/for...ic.php?t=15749

they say a draw, but the extras on the ab release look superior to me. no mention if the soundtrack has been overdubbed (as the ab release).

anyone know if the soundtrack is correct??

which should i buy????????????????????????

Super Moderator

UK
    Divimax I say - cos I own it. The sound and picture is great, and the extras are great too. Although you're probably not going to lose out much with the R2 release ... if only both discs had both commentaries...

Fresh Meat

England
    agree. surely theres more than enough room for all the commentaries and all the extras on this release??

could have been a great little package but seems to fall just short of the mark.

still interested if the soundtrack is the original as this could sway the decision.