Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Day of the Dead : Special Edition 2 Disc DVD released today (27th Mar)

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, the Divimax version definately has the soundtrack etc that the film always had (I hate it when they put in new music or change sound effects, ugh). You definately can't go wrong with the Divimax, but to me the R2 is unknown territory, so...

Fresh Meat

England
    sorry. i meant the dialogue. doesn't the ab release have the occasional scene with looped dialogue which is different from the original theatrical version, as stated by dvd compare in their... errr... comparison.
    Last edited by terrywastecake; 01-Apr-2006 at 08:14 PM.

United Kingdom
    Lots of John's dialogue has been overdubbed by someone who sounds NOTHING LIKE Terry Alexander.
    When there's no more room in Hell... the dead will walk the Earth...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Visit The Realm of Horror Comics: www.realmofhorrorcomics.com
    Visit my "DAY OF THE DEAD" fansite: www.realmofhorrorcomics.com/dayofthedead/mains.htm
    Visit my "CREEPSHOW" fansite: www.realmofhorrorcomics.com/creepshow
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Undisclosed
    Man, I am sick and tired of seeing all these re-releases. At the forums on the website I work at, everyone was complaining about AvP's re-release. After AvP came out on DVD, less than a year later AvP: Unrated Edition came out. I guess I am lucky that I never bought the original AvP DVD and instead waited for AvP: Unrated Edition. I feel sorry for all the people who were tricked into buying the original DVD version and lucked out on several behind-the-scenes footage and interviews. Bah, studios are getting real greedy now...
    "They are coming to get you Barbara!" - Johnny, Night of the Living Dead.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadverse
    I feel sorry for all the people who were tricked into buying the original DVD version and lucked out on several behind-the-scenes footage and interviews.

Tricked you say? Say what?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    Tricked you say? Say what?
    No, it was just that our website had prior knowledge about the release of AvP: Unrated Edition. We found out that it was in production around the time that AvP was first released on DVD. The problem was that our source could not verify if this information was accurate or not and therefore it was labelled as a 'rumour'. A few others and myself believed the rumour and we were lucky enough that it did in fact come true so we were able to obtain the two-disc version of AvP for the same price as the one-disc version. We had to wait almost a year for the DVD but we did not need AvP that bad. I never really liked the movie and I bought AvP: Unrated Edition only for the behind-the-scenes stuff and interviews.
    "They are coming to get you Barbara!" - Johnny, Night of the Living Dead.

Administrator

England
    i got the 2 disk day DVD today and i have to admit im pretty pleased with it. to say i only payed £12.99 for it, im happy.

possibly my only gripe would be that it has a running time of 97 minutes (close to 5 minutes shorter than the uncut version).

Fresh Meat

England
    possibly my only gripe would be that it has a running time of 97 minutes (close to 5 minutes shorter than the uncut version).
    apparently it's uncut. the 97 mins is possibly due to the 5 minute pal speed up (101 less 5% is 96 for those who failed maths ) so you should be ok!

and for anyone concerned about the dialogue here's the answer............

http://www.istherefood.com/2006/04/0...ow-uk-release/

looks like the AB release for me. better extras and a commentary by gar and ts. and only £8.99 delivered to the uk....... nice.
    Last edited by terrywastecake; 12-Apr-2006 at 08:59 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by terrywastecake
    looks like the AB release for me. better extras and a commentary by gar and ts. and only £8.99 delivered to the uk....... nice.
    I haven't seen the new DVD that you guys are talking about but I can say that Anchor Bay gets a big round of applause from me for their version. I was amazed at how great that DVD was...damn near flawless. Same with the "Dawn Ultimate Edition". Anchor Bay rocks, man...

Administrator

England
    the second disk of this one is quite entertaining actually... its mainly got 2 documentries on it, many days of the dead, which is a new one made for the DVD and features interviews with george romero and some cast and crew (including howard sherman and joe pilato!) and day of the dead - behind the scenes, which is a old documentry actually filmed on the set while it was being made.

plus now, i have 3 different DVD's of the original dawn, 3 of night and 2 of day

Fresh Meat

England
    Looks like this is the same docu as the ab release. heres the full list of whats on the ab disks........

Day of The Dead: Feature Presentation (Disc One)

Widescreen Presentation enhanced for 16x9 TVs

Audio Commentary with Writer/Director George A. Romero, Special Make-up Effects Artist Tom Savini, Production Designer Cletus Anderson, and Actress Lori Cardille

Audio Commentary with Filmmaker Roger Avary

Day of The Dead: Bonus Materials (Disc Two)

Widescreen Presentation enhanced for 16x9 TVs

Theatrical Trailers

Behind-the-Scenes Photos

Audio Interview with Actor Richard Liberty

Wampum Mine Promotional Video

TV Spots

Continuity Stills Gallery

Zombie Make-Up Photo Gallery

Gallery of Memorabilia

Posters & Advertising Art

Production Stills

George Romero Bio

DVD-ROM: Original Screenplay & Production Memos

The Many Days of DAY OF THE DEAD – An all-new 39 minute documentary featuring interviews with Writer/Director George A. Romero, Producer David Ball, Special Make-up Effects Artists Tom Savini and Greg Nicotero, Production Designer Cletus Anderson, Assistant Director Chris Romero, and Actors Lori Cardille, Joe Pilato and Howard Sherman

DAY OF THE DEAD: Behind The Scenes – 31 minutes of production footage from Special Make-up Effects Artist Tom Savini