Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $1,5000,000 + understear =

Administrator

England

$1,5000,000 + understear =

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I saw this yesterday. The producer did a qucik interview with CNN and you could tell he was pissed, but it is his own fault for letting Eddie drive the car. That same producer who owend the Enzo, also had his entire car collection in the upcoming movie redline, and one of his collector's Porsche's was wrecked during the making of the movie.

Shame shame shame.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    Don't it make you sick?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Was that "Undercover Brother"?
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Mar-2007 at 12:55 PM.

Super Moderator

UK

That honestly made my jaw drop, OUCH!

Never trust your car to someone else, ESPECIALLY a friggin' ENZO!!!

But that's strange, I don't remember Clarkson ever saying anything about understear on the Enzo when he reviewed it, and he was chucking it about too...seems more like Eddie Griffin ran out of talent rather too quickly. I'd be too intimidated to try out someone's car that was THAT expensive.

United States
    The Producer is a fool; get a stunt driver.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

But that's strange, I don't remember Clarkson ever saying anything about understear on the Enzo when he reviewed it, and he was chucking it about too...seems more like Eddie Griffin ran out of talent rather too quickly. I'd be too intimidated to try out someone's car that was THAT expensive.

I would try it out.....I just wouldn't drive it that fast. If I was driving an enzo, I would be scared if the tires made the slightest noise.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Sort of looks like he's panicked... He's got the wheels on full lock... Instead of steering straight and trying to recollect some grip he's just kept turning... You don't break with the steering wheel at that much of a turn!?

Also, does he even appear to break? I'm sure the rear wheels would still have some traction etc...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Exactly my thought.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    I don't think they were actually filming. It looks like they were just letting him take it for a spin. Then again, I don't know. They could be filming....it just doesn't really seem that way.

Super Moderator

UK
    Bassman - actually yeah, me too - take for a slow and careful spin ... if it was mine and I was a billionnaire, then I'd twat it about ... otherwise ... *careful my pet*...

I duno, the Enzo should easily be able to handle that corner, easily...that bloke just ran out of any shred of talent, which when he entered wasn't enough to handle that car.

Speaking of posh motors, I saw an Aston Martin DB9 in Hereford yesterday, absolutely lush up-close, but the plonker left his lights on ... "ah well, he can afford a new battery" I said to who I was with at the time. Of course, comparitively speaking, the DB9 is a drop in the bucket!

United States
    Wonder what the insurance bill is on that crash?

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Wonder what the insurance bill is on that crash?
    Because it's such a rare car, does that mean they can't just repair it? I mean....that didn't seem like a collision that would total it. Then again....I know sh*t on the subject.

Super Moderator

UK
    *ach* It'll get fixed, they'll have spares for those cars.

I saw a pic of a Bugatti Veyron that had been in a head-on collision...my heart sank. Such a nice car, and such a technical achievement too - costs 5 million and sold for around 800,000 ... and some numpty with too much money and not enough talent went and plowed it...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ferrari doesn't make spare parts for the ENzo's. They are limited production including spare body parts. Mechanical parts are available not cosmetic. Once any Ferrari is dented or damaged they are worthless. Ferrari has no authorized Body Shops in the US or Italy. You wreck it, junk it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*